What's new

Who has a YouTube Channel here?

Keefe

Thinking of starting one. I already have a regular segment in mind. Short 2-8 minute bits. Who has experience with this here? I know someone here did fireside chats. What do I need to know?

Thinking of starting one. I already have a regular segment in mind. Short 2-8 minute bits. Who has experience with this here? I know someone here did fireside chats. What do I need to know?
@Archie Moses has one, Toad Moto

I think @Darkwing Duck either does video game streaming or has a youtube.

@Kyoto I think has one where he reads comments and then comments on them

I've been a partner on Twitch for 6 years. Small time, got lucky to get partner when I did, but I was good at what I did at the time.

I doubt I'd have anything relevant or helpful to contribute.

I'm certainly no expert but a couple things that have helped me are 1) Using the YouTube Studio App 2) Using a app called Ultimate Thumbnail Maker App 3) Do it for you and you alone - have fun with it. I make videos about something I got into at age 36 and that I sucked at. That said, I find it motivating and I've done things I never would have before and it's helped me with my depression.

I'm pretty monotone and not that interesting and have a small channel. If you're looking for a following be interesting and create good content.

If you start a channel, let me know. I'd like to watch.
I made this video today from a trip I did over the weekend. Go ahead and roast away, but how I look at it is if it weren't for making vids, I wouldn't have gone to so many places I've been to over the past year and a half. It's gotten me the hell out of my house.

Last edited:
I’ll watch that in the next couple days, Mike. Thank you very much for your response.

I'm certainly no expert but a couple things that have helped me are 1) Using the YouTube Studio App 2) Using a app called Ultimate Thumbnail Maker App 3) Do it for you and you alone - have fun with it. I make videos about something I got into at age 36 and that I sucked at. That said, I find it motivating and I've done things I never would have before and it's helped me with my depression.

I'm pretty monotone and not that interesting and have a small channel. If you're looking for a following be interesting and create good content.

If you start a channel, let me know. I'd like to watch.
I made this video today from a trip I did over the weekend. Go ahead and roast away, but how I look at it is if it weren't for making vids, I wouldn't have gone to so many places I've been to over the past year and a half. It's gotten me the hell out of my house.

Just a side note. I went back and took a screenshot of one of the bighorn sheep glyphs near the end, because it look like it included a “heartline” running toward the animal’s heart. You see that in animal glyphs throughout North America. Maybe elsewhere, not sure. See the first glyph at this link. I’ve heard it described as related to hunting magic, or that the animals are spirit animals, maybe other theories. Man, I’d love it out there again. I’ve recorded some petroglyphs here in New England, but we only have a few such sites.

A little about heartlines here as well:

C9EB5640-3125-4ECC-B56C-DE35EAABD0DC.jpeg

Last edited:
Just a side note. I went back and took a screenshot of one of the bighorn sheep glyphs near the end, because it look like it included a “heartline” running toward the animal’s heart. You see that in animal glyphs throughout North America. Maybe elsewhere, not sure. See the first glyph at this link. I’ve heard it described as related to hunting magic, or that the animals are spirit animals, maybe other theories. Man, I’d love it out there again. I’ve recorded some petroglyphs here in New England, but we only have a few such sites.

A little about heartlines here as well:

View attachment 9659

If you go on this site, click on Utah and then click on the San Rafael Swell, I'm planning on going to pretty much every one of those petroglyphs/pictographs. Some of the coolest ones I've seen online.

My favorite I've seen, by far, is in Sego Canyon in the book cliffs. It has a ton of pictographs that look like aliens that are really high up on a rock face.CoolPro20191101_164724.jpg

Reactions: Red
I’ve thought about it for DJ stuff, and doing livestream events since obviously I can’t DJ dance parties right now.
Do you guys think using YouTube as a livestream option is viable?

If you go on this site, click on Utah and then click on the San Rafael Swell, I'm planning on going to pretty much every one of those petroglyphs/pictographs. Some of the coolest ones I've seen online.

My favorite I've seen, by far, is in Sego Canyon in the book cliffs. It has a ton of pictographs that look like aliens that are really high up on a rock face.View attachment 9660

Been through Canyonlands, but not to that famous site. I went with a Navajo guide out of the Moab Rock Shop. Far as I know the owner, iconic fossil hunter Lin Ottinger is still going strong, close to a hundred now. Meet him if you get a chance. He would have been my guide that day, but it rained heavy the night before, and he was off to go gold hunting. Guy is a legend in the West.

I don't have my own youtube channel (I actually kind of do but whatever) but doesn't mean I'm not youtube famous

I'm happy I randomly got into dirt biking and editing videos. I spend my time much more productively. haha

But for real, Utah is such a world class playground. There are so many places to go and things to see. I just bought a tear drop camper trailer and this summer I plan to live/play off the grid as much as possible.

What is your favorite hidden gem in Utah and why? Where's your next Utah trip to?

I'm going to the Blanding/Cedar Mesa/Bear Ear area next to hit up Mule Canyon, Dark Canyon (shh) and the Citadel.

@str8line are you still ridding? I've been on my dirt bike (minus time off to heal) around 14 months. Wish I started riding younger but am happy I pulled the trigger. The Utah dirt bike community has some of the best people and friends I've ever known.

When you make it, I will tell people this: “ You know, I was mentioned in one of his channel’s earliest videos in which he drew lottery for Fantasy Draft. [takes a sip from ale] Yup. “

I'm happy I randomly got into dirt biking and editing videos. I spend my time much more productively. haha

But for real, Utah is such a world class playground. There are so many places to go and things to see. I just bought a tear drop camper trailer and this summer I plan to live/play off the grid as much as possible.

What is your favorite hidden gem in Utah and why? Where's your next Utah trip to?

I'm going to the Blanding/Cedar Mesa/Bear Ear area next to hit up Mule Canyon, Dark Canyon (shh) and the Citadel.

@str8line are you still ridding? I've been on my dirt bike (minus time off to heal) around 14 months. Wish I started riding younger but am happy I pulled the trigger. The Utah dirt bike community has some of the best people and friends I've ever known.
I love tear drop campers. If I weren't married that's probably what I would have

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I love tear drop campers. If I weren't married that's probably what I would have

I still have a lot of work to do but I like how it's coming along. I just put in AC, a ventilation fan, led lights, and a TV. I bought the AC for $50 on KSL and it works amazing. The TV was only $40 on KSL.

I'm going to paint the inside and put vinyl wood planks on a few walls. Then I'll decorate it.

It's not exactly a "teardrop" but same idea. It will be fun as hell to test out. I'm going to Blanding/Cedar Mesa next weekend for the first time in it.

CoolPro20210404_085304.jpgCoolPro20210325_121421.jpg20210328_131257.jpg

That's awesome. Exactly the type of thing I would want. Looks like the axle has been flipped too so it has good ground clearance to go well off the beaten path. What are you pulling it with?

I had a pop-up camper that I absolutely loved. And I pulled it with a nissan xterra that is by far my favorite vehicle I ever owned.
Now I have a silverado and a 29.5 foot big *** trailer. Most people would rather have the silverado and big trailer over the xterra and pop-up. Not me. I really like my current trailer and it's pretty much perfect for my family but I loved my pop-up and actually prefer it. I don't like my silverado at all and miss the **** out of my xterra. I have owned quite a few vehicles over the years (including my silverado, jeep grand wagoneer, and toyota tacoma) and nothing comes close to the xterra. I'm pissed that they stopped making them.

And it sucks cause there is almost nothing in the same category as the xterra anymore. Basically the is the jeep wrangler/rubicon and now the Ford bronco and that's it. Those are the only choices. Used to be the toyota fj but they stopped making those. Needs to be more options for a rugged 4wheel drive capable vehicle that isn't big like the 4runner/expedition/durango/escalade/etc.