What's new

Who knows anything about Georges Niang?

Bodhi

Contributor
Selling the 2nd round pick signals want to keep room open for guys like him possibly.

Is he legit 6’8”, 230lbs as listed? Who’s watched him?

Dude seems to be able to shoot, rebound and facilitate. Interesting.

Selling the 2nd round pick signals want to keep room open for guys like him possibly.

Is he legit 6’8”, 230lbs as listed? Who’s watched him?

Dude seems to be able to shoot, rebound and facilitate. Interesting.

Jazz just made him a RFA with the QO. He will be playing on SL so we will get more of a feel for his abilities next week.

Not a good rebounder. Shot fairly decently for volume in college (37.5%) on threes. He has shot incredibly well from deep in the G league at 43.7% (100/229). He looks really small in highlight videos and I’m curious about how he’ll get shots up in the league but he is certainly interesting. I know very little (nothing) about his defense.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/n/niangge01d.html

He seems like the slowest moving person I have ever seen on the court. But he can handle the ball, seems like he can shoot and pass. His Stars shooting percentages are good from all over the court.

Cy seems to really like him and he seems to watch a fair amount of g-league.

Can he be at destitute man’s Tobias Harris?

No. I think he is Boris Diaw (old version) if he had to play in rain boots that made him slower.
He seems like the slowest moving person I have ever seen on the court. But he can handle the ball, seems like he can shoot and pass. His Stars shooting percentages are good from all over the court.

Cy seems to really like him and he seems to watch a fair amount of g-league.

Hmm, I just watched 3 G League/NBA highlights (with Indiana) and I didn’t see him being that slow at all. I mean, not to the level y’all’r saying.

I would agree that he’s almost a weird mix of Diaw and Ingles. Maybe I’m not helping my case.

Anyway, kid can def shoot, even with a weird hitch in his shot.

Smooth, smart player.

Doesn't seem to have the size or athleticism to be good on defense, and he's not much on rebounding.

I really love his offensive game though, have since college. Good shooter, really good passer, just a very smart player on the court.

I'll never shake the image of him throwing up brick after nervous brick in this game as a 3-seed gets knocked out in the first rd.

He was like 2-15 from the field or something stupid. his misses by the end of the game u almost felt bad for him, knew it was gonna be a LONG arduous offseason.

I know a lot about Georges Niang. Gilles knows jack and his intentions are incredibly overt.

Niang will never be able to see any NBA minutes of consequence due to his combination of height and relatively putrid level of athleticism. He is a supremely skilled player. Crazy elite offensive skill and footwork. He and Buddy Hield were by far the best offensive players in college basketball their senior years. I'll link his senior year tourney highlights, a year in which no team he played could guard him and he was the best offensive player in college basketball imo. Even tore up the vaunted Virginia D in the tourney. He couldn't defend and rebound adequately even in college, so that would only be amplified in the NBA; however, this is a guy you have on a roster to teach other players, cuz he's far more skilled than most players will ever be in their entire careers - this is obviously why he is around.

Old Diaw is the is the best comp. But one that can hit the three. Great passer. Can score from everywhere. Just doesn't have the length, athleticism or quickness to be a good nba player. At least i don't think so- he's so skilled, i guess you never count a guy like that out.

Dennis Lindsey knows his ****, and definitely knows the Big 12. He knows Naz Long and Georges Niang were two awesome guys to bring in and have around simply because their work ethic, attitude, and demeanor embody everything he desires in a Jazz player.

If I could rep you, I would, simply because I <3 you.