What's new

Without Kanter

Dont we all see how much we needed Kanter last few games? Going 7 minutes without a bucket is inexcusable.

Although I will credit Snyder in that final play loss to LA. Who says that Favors and 1 wasnt badasswash? ****in A I got a boner on that one.

The only part of Kanter that was mismanaged was us drafting a center that was better than him. He wants max money, coming off the bench won't get him max money, so he cried like a little girl and demanded out. The one team with the ability to punish him on matchups that the Thunder played, drove Kanter out of the game. What do you feel is going to happen come playoff time when they see really good teams in a seven game series? Yeah, I've seen that movie with better offensive big men in Memo and Boozer. I'm happy that we have a solid defensive front to build with. Kanter off the bench would have been nice, but it wasn't going to happen.

Dont we all see how much we needed Kanter last few games? Going 7 minutes without a bucket is inexcusable.

Although I will credit Snyder in that final play loss to LA. Who says that Favors and 1 wasnt badasswash? ****in A I got a boner on that one.

The last few games the Jazz went 4-1 in?

Hayward wanted out of Utah after the 13-14' season. I theorize it was due to Ty, our team sucking, but most importantly because of what it was doing to him on the offensive end made him look like a scrub when he wasn't. Now that he is again the sole focal point of the offense and struggling, the Jazz need to find someone else who is a reliable scorer, ASAP, or he could be tempted to slip town instead of opting in to his final year on his contract. I know that we are a much better team than we were in 13-14, but Hayward wants accolades. He wants to be an all-star. He can't be an all-star if he's seen as offensively deficient again. This offseason will say a lot about this front office.
Hayward was one of the first to come out and say how much the team liked having Gobert play as the others could be more aggressive. We're winning at a .500 pace over the last 35 games. The defense is elite since Gobert became the starter. I think Gordon knows we're playing without a SG. Yes, the off-season is key. Need to add a couple of players which is easily doable (pick + a FA). And Burls comes back. That's like getting an additional top-10 pick - except he'll contribute immediately.

I think the claim that Burks can't play within the offense is unfounded. Not only has he improved a lot in that regard, he has shown to be a very good passer. That is specially the case on his penetration, which demands a lot of attention from the other team. Added to the fact that he's a better outside shooter than Ingles, there is simply no doubt that he would be a significant upgrade at the 2. I mean come on. We're talking about Ingles.

Joey Flocking Ingles.

"Derp! Yo gais I'm trying hard to fit in with rest of gays that luv Penes Canter! F1R3!!"

- translation of Dumb Trolls latest post

When it comes down to we had a good problem. 3 Centers who all deserved to start.

Also, Rudy is more valuable to us than Enes. We need Gobert more than we need Kanter.

It's not that Kanter has no talent. He's a talented player, with still a lot more room to grow. I just dont think he was the best fit here for whatever reason.
Hes passing better out of the post with the Thunder. Not sure if its coaching, players, or just him trying to impress.

Hes passing better out of the post with the Thunder. Not sure if its coaching, players, or just him trying to impress.

I think it is because even the scrubs on OKC know how to open themselves up to the pass. When you watch our offense, it looks like our players hide from the ball at times. Hell, even when it's not in the post, our guys aren't reading eachother's cuts right, so we're throwing it into the first row.

It was best to part ways. Glad that happened. Why does he look better? He feels more relaxed. In the Jazz he was not living up to the expectations and knew it so it probably psyhed him out of his game. And with Rudy around his so-bad-that-it-is-impossible-to-understand defensive game looked a lot worse than it already is. He still is giving away many points on defense that he creates on offense. He has to learn to play defense. Please damn it! Watching him play defense will drive me insane! It's like he does it on purpose. But why would he? Is it a sin to block or something? Kidding aside, he does have some good moments that he contests shots and makes opponent miss. It looks promising. It's a start. He looked a lot more valuable than Boozer against LA and made him lose some.