What's new

Would you trade ...

idiot

... Favors, Hood, Jerebko for Jabari Parker & John Henson?

Would the Bucks?

(Joe Johnson & Teletovic could also be easily thrown in).

Maybe this is a stupid idea and there'd certainly be some high-stakes gambling going on here with all the FAs & injury histories involved. But here's my reasoning:

For Jazz: get rid of positional overlap (Favors/Gobert); get a true 2nd scorer.
For Bucks: get rid of positional overlap (Giannis & Jabari both best as playmaking 4); perhaps create a more rounded lineup that complements Giannis/Bledsoe/Middleton; a bit more financial flexibility

The answer is the Bucks wouldn't do it. They would require picks and/or players younger than anything the Jazz are getting them in the deal you posited.

im not sold on jabari parker being a defensive stopper. Also he's going to be coming off 2 injured knees.(same knee?)

do you really gamble with that?

The answer is the Bucks wouldn't do it. They would require picks and/or players younger than anything the Jazz are getting them in the deal you posited.

If the Bucks would do it... they know more about Jabari's injury than we do... spidey senses should be going off.

they see Jabari as their future building block... most experts I've heard have indicated he is off limits.

I guess Milwaukee's motivation is 2019/20. They can likely still be under the tax and give Jabari $25M next season. But then Middleton and Bledsoe become FA's. But they may only be in the tax one year until Henson and Snell drop off.

I guess sending Henson back is value for them. But it may put Utah in the tax if they give Jabari a ton of money, add $10M for Henson and still want to re-sign Hood and Exum. I don't see the Bucks really valuing the rights to Hood or Favors as they'd be looking to decrease payroll for 2019, not add salaries.

IMO, a trade that might be acceptable to Milwaukee would be Favors + Thabo + lottery-protected 1st for Parker and Henson.
1. Milwaukee gets immediate help for the playoffs this season. Favs is just a 1/2 year rental, but they might want to keep Thabo next year. They won't be in the tax when they re-sign Bledsoe and Middleton.
2. Utah may/may not make the playoffs. Getting Jabari is worth giving up a pick, but not one in the lottery, especially not 2018 when the draft is pretty solid for teams that miss the playoffs.

Oh, and as an aside, DL mentions the cap space Utah can clear this summer. Asks the Bucks GM if he is aware Parker is Mormon, and golly gee, wouldn't the fans just love to see him in that orange Jazz uni. Just so the Bucks believe it's going to take matching a huge offer to keep Jabari.

I'm just not really excited to give up assets... take on bad contracts... to trade for a guy that will get a max contract and has had two serious injuries on the same knee.

I'm trying to think of a similar gamble that paid off... Any examples?

I guess Milwaukee's motivation is 2019/20. They can likely still be under the tax and give Jabari $25M next season. But then Middleton and Bledsoe become FA's. But they may only be in the tax one year until Henson and Snell drop off.

I guess sending Henson back is value for them. But it may put Utah in the tax if they give Jabari a ton of money, add $10M for Henson and still want to re-sign Hood and Exum. I don't see the Bucks really valuing the rights to Hood or Favors as they'd be looking to decrease payroll for 2019, not add salaries.

IMO, a trade that might be acceptable to Milwaukee would be Favors + Thabo + lottery-protected 1st for Parker and Henson.
1. Milwaukee gets immediate help for the playoffs this season. Favs is just a 1/2 year rental, but they might want to keep Thabo next year. They won't be in the tax when they re-sign Bledsoe and Middleton.
2. Utah may/may not make the playoffs. Getting Jabari is worth giving up a pick, but not one in the lottery, especially not 2018 when the draft is pretty solid for teams that miss the playoffs.

Oh, and as an aside, DL mentions the cap space Utah can clear this summer. Asks the Bucks GM if he is aware Parker is Mormon, and golly gee, wouldn't the fans just love to see him in that orange Jazz uni. Just so the Bucks believe it's going to take matching a huge offer to keep Jabari.

I think they will trade Snell at some point. I also think they will choose between Bledsoe and Brogdon when the time comes or move one of them next year.

Jabari is supposedly close to a return... they will want to see him and if he's healthy I seriously doubt they move him... if he's not healthy I wouldn't give up assets to get him.

If the Bucks would do it... they know more about Jabari's injury than we do... spidey senses should be going off.

they see Jabari as their future building block... most experts I've heard have indicated he is off limits.

If you're right (and I suspect you have your ear closer to the ground than I do), then yes there's no chance. I had only been seeing that the Bucks have a difficult decision to make with Parker's upcoming RFA.

It is interesting, though I suppose understandable, that the people who say Jabari is the new Jimmer (whose name rightly stands for a wildly overvalued local name), are also turning around and saying we probably don't have the assets we're willing to move to get Jabari.

If you're right (and I suspect you have your ear closer to the ground than I do), then yes there's no chance. I had only been seeing that the Bucks have a difficult decision to make with Parker's upcoming RFA.

It is interesting, though I suppose understandable, that the people who say Jabari is the new Jimmer (whose name rightly stands for a wildly overvalued local name), are also turning around and saying we probably don't have the assets we're willing to move to get Jabari.

Im only comparing him to Jimmer in the amount of threads he generates.

My premise was simply that as fits for the team: Parker has more value to us than to the Bucks; Favors has more value to the Bucks than to us. Perhaps there's still no deal to be made for a variety of reasons, but that's at least where conversations can start.

Would you trade Rudy Gobert and Tony Bradley for Brook Lopez's last remaining year on contract and Kyle Kuzma and Zubac and the Laker's 2018 second round draft pick?

How many threads do we have to start about this.

Apologies for not having read the 2019 thread yet today that seems to have turned into a trade proposal thread (and esp. to Cy who mentions Parker).

I realize that there's a lot of people who have been clamoring for Parker for "LDS reasons," but I don't think I've ever been one of them. I just thought that this season has clarified a few things that may not have been clear earlier on when most of the "get Jabari" sentiment came out: Favors & Gobert don't work well together (esp. with Rubio, and probably Exum as PGs); Giannis is probably best as a 4; Giannis, Bledsoe & Middleton seem to work well as a core for the Bucks, and a few strategically placed role players could really make them dangerous.