What's new

Wow Hollinger is a Dumb%$#

richgates

https://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=winners-100726

Well, it's pretty much a wrap for the hugely anticipated summer of 2010. Sure, there's a Josh Howard here and a Lou Amundson there, but basically, all the difference-making free agents in this year's class were snapped up a long time ago. (Sorry, Shaq.)

So now it's time to look back and size it all up. Ideally we'd wait 'til a couple of these teams had played actual games with their new rosters, but where's the fun in that? Instead, it's time to jump the gun and offer one man's opinion of the good, the bad and the ugly of the 2010 offseason.

Today we're going to start with the happy stuff: the winners from this year's offseason. And after rehashing all the moves, it seems to me the big gainers are Chicago, Milwaukee, Golden State, San Antonio and Portland. Let me get into detail about how each of those teams succeeded this summer.

But first, let's double-check. Am I leaving anybody out? Trying to think here. Ah, yes …

The teams he listed?

Miami Heat
Chicago Bulls
Milwaukee Bucks
Golden State Warriors
San Antonio Spurs
and
wait for it

The Portland Trailblazers

Highlighting the acquisition of Wesley Matthews.

Wow...

...yeah, well, the 9 million up front money they have to pay for Matthews...ain't coming out of his pocket.....so he probably thinks it was a good deal! Then again, Raja might get hurt the first month and Matthews plays great!.....or Matthews gets hurt the first month and Raja plays great! I prefer to err on the side of saving a ton of money!!!

Not only that...he highlights the Spurs' summer for signing Splitter (a draft pick from several years ago) and re-signing Jefferson. I know Splitter is supposed to be good, but give me a break. It's essentially the same roster, just another year older.

Dude.....the spurs re-signed Matt Bonner. How can that not be considered a winner. The Jazz should have gone after him.