What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Kid is a special athlete - very intriguing in the late 1st/2nd round. Fits our "positional size" mantra perfectly.

Okay, but which assistant is going to be responsible for keeping his defibrillator? Just because the Mayo Clinic says he can play doesn't mean he won't get red-flagged.

Okay, but which assistant is going to be responsible for keeping his defibrillator? Just because the Mayo Clinic says he can play doesn't mean he won't get red-flagged.

You mean the ICD that was implanted under his rib cage?

Obviously, his medical records will need to be cleared by anyone who drafts him. But his athleticism/relentlessness gave St. Mary's and Alabama fits.

Watching more Dalton Knecht again. The more I see of him, the more I think he should be "our guy" and if there's a chance to move into the top 3-5 for him, we should do it.

Defense is the question mark but he's a strong kid with a great frame/good length. I think he'll get there with the right coaching/mentality. Hard to imagine him not becoming at minimum a quality starter for 6-8 years.

This. I haven’t gotten really deep into these prospects but my gut is agreeing with BigMike
Watching more Dalton Knecht again. The more I see of him, the more I think he should be "our guy" and if there's a chance to move into the top 3-5 for him, we should do it.

Defense is the question mark but he's a strong kid with a great frame/good length. I think he'll get there with the right coaching/mentality. Hard to imagine him not becoming at minimum a quality starter for 6-8 years.

Pacome Dadiet?

Very young 6'8 wing (won't be 19 on draft day) playing for Ulm with Juan Nunez. Only 15 mpg in a league that's not high level. Seems to have a pretty good frame/athleticism. Noticed a very high 2FG% (68) which indicates good rim finishing as well as a very high 3 point rate. 3FG% is not great (34%), but FT% is not bad at 77%. Not a stocks guy though, which is disappointing. Might not be worth an early second, but maybe if we buy into the draft later we can stash.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My4R_SVIziA

Givony saying potential first rounder? Potential stash? Don’t think he will have a Bilal rise, but he’s kinda interesting.

View: https://x.com/draftexpress/status/1779916384480141617?s=46&t=O8QgyEFSLCb2qd3SCki2Cw