What's new

23-24 schedule

Yeah, I didn't expect it to start until sometime after Christmas.

Overall I think it's good to have it earlier in the season, so it has less overall impact. From a ratings perspective, it makes sense since most casual fans don't start watching until after Christmas, so it should help get more eyes on the NBA sooner.

In some ways it would have been nice to have the tournament in late January. That's typically when the worst basketball is being played.

Yeah, I didn't expect it to start until sometime after Christmas.
The group phase consists of regular schedule games between those teams, and they play other games between those seeding games. Those seeding games also count to regular season standings.

Also those seeding games are all played on Tuesdays and Fridays in November and no non-seeding regular season games are scheduled to those specific dates.

The actual tournament games are played in early December (4th to 9th).

Looks like we have just one game on TNT and one on ESPN, both during the in-season tournament.

They play a ton of games early in the season. 3 games in the first 4 nights, 6 games in the first 9 nights. They don't have multiple nights off in a row (typically when practices are scheduled) until after their 10th game.

They play a ton of games early in the season. 3 games in the first 4 nights, 6 games in the first 9 nights. They don't have multiple nights off in a row (typically when practices are scheduled) until after their 10th game.

It's probably a good thing to get the no rest schedule out of the way at the first of the season when the legs are the freshest. On the other hand it's not great to not be able to practice until after the 10th game.

It's probably a good thing to get the no rest schedule out of the way at the first of the season when the legs are the freshest. On the other hand it's not great to not be able to practice until after the 10th game.
Both of these are the first thoughts that came to mind. I think its mostly beneficial.