What's new

Excluding injuries, what would be the most DISAPPOINTING occurance this coming season?

For me it would be not seeing big growth and improvement from Favors AND Hayward. I don't have a link, but it seems like someone said in an article (Hollinger maybe?) that players generally make their biggest improvement from their second to third seasons.

. I don't have a link, but it seems like someone said in an article (Hollinger maybe?) that players generally make their biggest improvement from their second to third seasons.

I know that Locke says that all the time. Said it again on his tip off show today

For me it would be not seeing big growth and improvement from Favors AND Hayward. I don't have a link, but it seems like someone said in an article (Hollinger maybe?) that players generally make their biggest improvement from their second to third seasons.

They both played in the playoffs and later with the big boys this summer which should help. I think Hayward could be right around a 14/4/4/1/1 guy with strong efficiency numbers this season. Nothing mind-blowing. But when you consider how many solid players we have on this team, it's pretty impressive.

Here's too to hoping Foye pushes Burks. Challenges him. Teaches him. Brings out the best in him.

They both played in the playoffs and later with the big boys this summer which should help. I think Hayward could be right around a 14/4/4/1/1 guy with strong efficiency numbers this season. Nothing mind-blowing. But when you consider how many solid players we have on this team, it's pretty impressive.

Here's too to hoping Foye pushes Burks. Challenges him. Teaches him. Brings out the best in him.

This is right around what I'm hoping to see from him.

It would be very dissapointing if Corbin is coaching like he did in the Spurs series.

Honestly, if Corbin is going to suck at coaching, that sets the Jazz back the most. Im not saying he is a bad coach just yet (my verdict is still out on him) but that's the thing you guys should be most afraid of.

Agree.
Hayward took a big step up from 17 mins to 30 mins/game. His scoring doubled, but his shooting %'s took a hit. Still, 46%/35% isn't bad. A bit more consistency and he's right on target for where we'd expect him to be at 3 years. I'm more concerned about Favors. He didn't show much improvement from his rookie to sophomore season. Let's hope he takes a big step up after being on the US Select team and working out against the best for a couple of weeks.

If Favors doesn't take "the next step." Also, if Al Jefferson doesn't show any improvement on passing. He's not that old and the GM is calling him out on it.

This would constitute a tragedy not a disappointment. Would you honestly say, "Man I am so disappointed in the Jazz team for being on that plane that crashed?"
I am preparing myself to stay positive after reading this thread. Want to be sure I can say "It could have been worse" if something mentioned here eventuate.

I am preparing myself to stay positive after reading this thread. Want to be sure I can say "It could have been worse" if something mentioned here eventuate.

Fair enough. However, I do believe a plane crash would cause an "injury" to some of the players on the team. :)