What's new

Fire Ainge right away

What if...

We had kept Gobert, Donovan, but swapped Quin for Hardy? Maybe made some moves like Sexton and Markaanen for Bogdonovic and Royce.

Would this team be unstoppable?

Or is knowing that we have 4500 lottery balls and a fun team good enough?

What if...

We had kept Gobert, Donovan, but swapped Quin for Hardy? Maybe made some moves like Sexton and Markaanen for Bogdonovic and Royce.

Interesting question. I wonder if Bog/Royce would've been enough to acquire Markk/Sexton? The Cavs desperately need wings on that roster.
Maybe it was just time for Don to go regardless of what Ainge did this summer.

Interesting question. I wonder if Bog/Royce would've been enough to acquire Markk/Sexton? The Cavs desperately need wings on that roster.
Maybe it was just time for Don to go regardless of what Ainge did this summer.
I don't think they would have traded Marky at all if Don wasn't included and they probably would have let Sexton hit UFA next summer as well.
Marky played the 3 most of the season for the Cavs and was the only way the Cavs were getting Don or they would have sent Levert instead

Maneesh, my colleague, my friend, my fellow philosopher of the Jazz: Daniel Ray Ainge, in my considered opinion, has an astute basketball mind. I urge you to consider the manifold possibilities our team has with a wagon load of 1st round picks and little in the way of malignant contractual obligations. These new players such as Walker Ross Kessler, Collin Darnell Sexton, and Lauri Elias Markkanen demonstrate considerable fortitude and talent. Sir Markkanen also has the fortuitous middle name Elias, which is the name of a brave grenadier in the theatrical release “Platoon.” We can face the future with optimism.

What if...

To me I'd take a fun team. Especially considering we have so many draft picks to look forward to. Don turned into a bitch. And Quin lost his ability to mix things up. Even Jingles soured on the whole deal.

The Jazz being terrible relies on Hardy not playing guys like Clarkson/Conley/Olynyk/Beasley heavy minutes and instead giving dudes like NAW/THT/Sexton 20-25ish minutes per game. Right now only Sexton is getting that. And Sexton has been overall good. The Jazz really need lineups with all three of those dudes if they want to tank. Even THT has been positive in two games.

Kessler being advanced early has also hurt.

I honestly don't know what to expect anymore. Interested to see what happens when the Jazz face a team with a top 10 perimeter player.

If the Jazz continue to upset teams it will be interesting to see if they turn into a buyer rather than a seller.

We wouldn't have been able to get Sexton and Markkanen for Bogey and Royce. I also don't believe for a second that Hardy could have taken the Don/Rudy tandem any further in the playoffs than Quin did.