What's new

Miles Bridges

Sign Bridges?

• Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 74.5%

• Total voters
No, he was never charged. However, the paternity test proved the baby was his, so there is concrete proof he did it.
Family chose not to pursue criminal charges, but settled on a civil lawsuit in 1996. In the middle of the NBA finals years. His son played five years in the NFL. I think they have a relationship now.

Family chose not to pursue criminal charges, but settled on a civil lawsuit in 1996. In the middle of the NBA finals years. His son played five years in the NFL. I think they have a relationship now.
sheesh that's average Yeah that isn't someone i'd want

I would sign him, he is damaged goods compared to his abilities and price. If we are going to get talent to come here without overpaying these are the guys you have to get. Look at tyreek hill and many others the nfl teams sign because talent wins games.
Tyreek is a weird example, seeing that Mahomes has won 2/2 Super Bowls since losing Tyreek, and the Dolphins have been booted in the wild card 2/2 times with him.

His talent never won anything for the Chiefs. It was always Mahomes.

It is not up to the family whether to pursue criminal charges, it is up to the prosecutor. With the bloodwork evidence (not sure when this was done or what the SOL is in LA) it would be a slam dunk case, even without the cooperation by the family of the minor.

this is the thing about domestic abusers. Very rare that they actually take full responsbility and properly repent of their actions. Anyone who hits a woman especially at the size discrepancy between this guy and his woman is a piece of scum who i don't particularly care what happens to or feel the need to give a real second chance. So many of these women end up dead and it beggars belief that people can turn a blind eye to it.

Agreed.

And there are plenty of much more successful franchises with better logos, better coaches, better management, and more wins. If the Jazz seek scumbags like this, then plenty of fans like me will gladly invest our time and money with a franchise like Denver or San Antonio.

I support the Jazz despite their *** ugly highlighter uniforms, court, lazy arena entertainment, bad team, questionable coach, and odd management. If they give me another excuse to drop their ***, I will. Joker (who doesn’t beat or rape women) led Denver is a hard team to root against.
And you also support them despite the fact that Karl Malone was a scumbag.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

And you also support them despite the fact that Karl Malone was a scumbag.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
I was a Jazz fan way before I even knew what Malone did and what rape even was. It’s gross what Malone did and if he were on this team today, I’d want him off of it. Both of the statues seem to be crappy people. Which is part of the reason why I’d like to see this franchise build a contending team the right way, with good character players that can inspire young people. I’d never be caught wearing a Malone or Stockton jersey. Let’s idolize good fun basketball players, Not some anti vax conspiracy d bag and child rapist.

TBH, I’m already mostly checked out from being a fan. Give me another season or two of the last and I’ll definitely find another team to cheer for or another hobby. Honestly, Denver is a hard team not to like.

No, but at the same time no team in the league would be able to handle that backlash nowadays.
Why are people acting like this is a gotcha?

Most of us were in elementary school or unborn when this happened. I had no idea what child rape was. All I knew was I wanted to play Super Nintendo when I got home and eat marshmallow maties. I know this is a crazy idea, but I’ve learned a lot since 4th or 5th grade. Much about our culture and society has changed since… 1996? 1997?

People should be allowed to have their views change in 30 years. Sheesh

No, but at the same time no team in the league would be able to handle that backlash nowadays.
I don’t know. DeShawn Stevenson, being such a drastically lesser of a player, didn’t/doesn’t seem to have it brought up any time he’s mentioned, and his happened much, much more recently and while in the NBA. If you’re a guy who would be mentioned by homeytennis, it’s probably pretty easy for the league to look at other options. When you’re a larger name it will get lots of attention, but I think there seems to be this area of being guys in the middle, where if you’re not the main guy, it’s easier to slide under the radar. Reuben Patterson was obviously still a couple decades ago but I think someone like him that people would still be employing him even today.

It is not up to the family whether to pursue criminal charges, it is up to the prosecutor. With the bloodwork evidence (not sure when this was done or what the SOL is in LA) it would be a slam dunk case, even without the cooperation by the family of the minor.
Ultimately, yes. But in many dated potential charges like this, prosecutors are going to weigh heavy on victim/family cooperation.