What's new

Off-Season Rumblings

Not sure what they could do to make me lose interest faster than hiring wife beaters to make a desperate, failed, push for the 10 seed.
The fan base is already pretty discontent… I think they could trade Lauri and tank and it would be less of a PR hit than signing Bridges. I think some would tune out permanently rather than just being a fair weather fan and coming back when things are more rosy. I just can’t imagine in their assessment of a potential Bridges they could separate themselves enough from reality to talk themselves into it… but ya never know.

Atlanta with the #1 pick might wanna do a full tear down. Make a move for Murray in the off season then sign Bridges and maybe the plan is not to waste Lauri's prime after all.
They owe draft picks to SA so why would they tear it down lol. Spurs would reap the benefits of their tanking.

They owe draft picks to SA so why would they tear it down lol. Spurs would reap the benefits of their tanking.
Except they can trade Trae to the Spurs and get their picks back...

Plus tear down does not necessarily mean tanking. East is super weak right now especially with the presence of Hornets/Wiz/Pistons and BKN/TOR’s rebuild looming. Hawks was 10 games below 500 and still made it to the play-in comfortably by a fine margin. They have a good roster and both Trae & Murray's are signed to big long term contract so trading them both will almost guarantee them the return of some solid young players like Keldon Johnson or Devin Vassell. They can still beat out CHA/WAS/DET/TOR/BKN for a play-in spot while hoping their #1 pick turn into a star.

The fan base is already pretty discontent… I think they could trade Lauri and tank and it would be less of a PR hit than signing Bridges. I think some would tune out permanently rather than just being a fair weather fan and coming back when things are more rosy. I just can’t imagine in their assessment of a potential Bridges they could separate themselves enough from reality to talk themselves into it… but ya never know.
Winning is the only way to win back your fanbase... Having a bunch of boy scouts on the court while going 21-61 will not get your fans back.

Except they can trade Trae to the Spurs and get their picks back...

Plus tear down does not necessarily mean tanking. East is super weak right now especially with the presence of Hornets/Wiz/Pistons and BKN/TOR’s rebuild looming. Hawks was 10 games below 500 and still made it to the play-in comfortably by a fine margin. They have a good roster and both Trae & Murray's are signed to big long term contract so trading them both will almost guarantee them the return of some solid young players like Keldon Johnson or Devin Vassell. They can still beat out CHA/WAS/DET/TOR/BKN for a play-in spot while hoping their #1 pick turn into a star.
And the Spurs were reportedly not interested in Trae. So rebuild is dependent on that. Do they retool… sure. #1 pick doesn’t change their master plan imo.

Winning is the only way to win back your fanbase... Having a bunch of boy scouts on the court while going 21-61 will not get your fans back.
And being mid while employing a woman beater is a great way to lose chunks of the fan base that you will never get back no matter how good you are.

And being mid while employing a woman beater is a great way to lose chunks of the fan base that you will never get back no matter how good you are.
You overestimate Utah's moral compass, especially when it comes to women. I'm also guessing the average fan has no idea what he did.

I'm definitely not a fan of this move regardless of talent. He shouldn't be in the league. But I'm sure DA doesn't care about that.

You overestimate Utah's moral compass, especially when it comes to women. I'm also guessing the average fan has no idea what he did.

I'm definitely not a fan of this move regardless of talent. He shouldn't be in the league. But I'm sure DA doesn't care about that.
At this point either we start buying or start selling everyone. Lauri deserves better.

And at the meantime PJ has been absolutely balling in Dallas. Would love to have him over Bridges. Oh well...

Well Ryan and Ashley’s public image runs directly against it and yes they will lose a chunk of the fan base even if they still do fine in the male demo. We have several in the media that won’t let them just gloss over it so if fans don’t know they will.

Will it translate into some huge financial loss? IDK… but they’d lose some people for sure and it isn’t like he’s the difference between lotto/play-in and top 6 in the west so they can decide the risk reward but I think it’d be awfully short sighted. And can you imagine if he has another incident… good luck sweeping that under the rug.

Well Ryan and Ashley’s public image runs directly against it and yes they will lose a chunk of the fan base even if they still do fine in the male demo. We have several in the media that won’t let them just gloss over it so if fans don’t know they will.

Will it translate into some huge financial loss? IDK… but they’d lose some people for sure and it isn’t like he’s the difference between lotto/play-in and top 6 in the west so they can decide the risk reward but I think it’d be awfully short sighted. And can you imagine if he has another incident… good luck sweeping that under the rug.
The Jazz don't have anyone in media that would do that. If you write about the Jazz your interest is in keeping it kosher. See Sarah Todd's article were she graded Jordan Clarkson's season a B+.

The Jazz wouldn't suffer any negative consequences outside of an initial PR hit.

The Jazz don't have anyone in media that would do that. If you write about the Jazz your interest is in keeping it kosher. See Sarah Todd's article were she graded Jordan Clarkson's season a B+.

The Jazz wouldn't suffer any negative consequences outside of an initial PR hit.
Giving someone you like a generous grade is different than looking past something you find morally reprehensible. It will be more than just an initial PR hit and if dude has another incident (something that is like a coin flip imo) dude could be suspended indefinitely and you’d be taking a much bigger “pr hit” for jumping into bed with a guy that had known issues.

Giving someone you like a generous grade is different than looking past something you find morally reprehensible. It will be more than just an initial PR hit and if dude has another incident (something that is like a coin flip imo) dude could be suspended indefinitely and you’d be taking a much bigger “pr hit” for jumping into bed with a guy that had known issues.
I think you are being really naive to how these things typically play out.

After we won like 12-13 games at one point.
I was talking about the trade deadline trades and how I wish we wouldn't have done them. We made those trades and then lost more than every team in the league and got the number 10 pick for all those losses.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I was talking about the trade deadline trades and how I wish we wouldn't have done them. We made those trades and then lost more than every team in the league and got the number 10 pick for all those losses.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
How frustrated would you be though if we don't make those trades and we never see Hendricks and Brice get consistent minutes at all? The trades were also about getting young guys consistent run and keeping our pick.