What's new

2018 JazzFanz Awards - Post of the Year

Jason

Administrator
Staff member
Now accepting nominations for Post of the Year on JazzFanz.

Criteria is the post has to be on or after April 1, 2017 through March 31, 2018. After a couple days we'll post a poll for voting.

Please post your nominations (self or others) in this thread.

Good luck!

Now accepting nominations for Post of the Year on JazzFanz.

Criteria is the post has to be on or after April 1, 2017 through March 31, 2018. After a couple days we'll post a poll for voting.

Please post your nominations (self or others) in this thread.

Good luck!
YES YES YES

Post with more likes, or poster with more?
Likes on an individual post... Leaning against it. Lets take nominations instead. Post a link to the POST you're nominating. Easiest way to do that is, on a full browser, right-click the little number in the upper right of the post and copy the link. For example, this post has a #5 on it - that's what you'd click to get the direct link.

Good luck.

On October 30, Str8line posted the thread, "Mitchell Needs to start." It has a lot of interesting takes and debate. I also got scalded for making this forecast:

"I think that if Mitchell doesn't get injured, he will supplant Stockton and Malone as the greatest Jazz player ever.

So, go ahead and laugh if you want. Time will tell. Just remember I said this first."

I also said in that thread that Mitchell would challenge Simmons for ROY and some people who I won't name said Mitchell isn't even in the conversation for top-5.

Last edited:
On Nov. 13, Str8line posted the thread, "Mitchell Needs to start." It has a lot of interesting takes and debate. I also got scalded for making this forecast:

"I think that if Mitchell doesn't get injured, he will supplant Stockton and Malone as the greatest Jazz player ever.

So, go ahead and laugh if you want. Time will tell. Just remember I said this first."
I remember that, it was stupid then, and is stupid now. Stockton and Malone are all time greats, best at their positions, and your saying this in DM's rookie year is just idiotic.

You shouldnt use opening threads. That should be "Best Thread Award" cuz liking the first post is like co-signing a thread.

On October 30, Str8line posted the thread, "Mitchell Needs to start." It has a lot of interesting takes and debate. I also got scalded for making this forecast:

I also said in that thread that Mitchell would challenge Simmons for ROY and some people who I won't name said Mitchell isn't even in the conversation for top-5.
Str8line was saying some wild ****. I will give him credit for it being closer than I thought it would end up being. He still called Mitchell better than Gobert when the season started and I still think that's ridiculous, tho it is less ridiculous now.

Str8line was saying some wild ****. I will give him credit for it being closer than I thought it would end up being. He still called Mitchell better than Gobert when the season started and I still think that's ridiculous, tho it is less ridiculous now.

You shouldnt use opening threads. That should be "Best Thread Award" cuz liking the first post is like co-signing a thread.

Agreed. There should be a "Post of the Year" and a "Thread of the Year"

I remember that, it was stupid then, and is stupid now. Stockton and Malone are all time greats, best at their positions, and your saying this in DM's rookie year is just idiotic.
No it's not. Mitchell already surpassed whatever Malone and Stockton did in their rookie years respectively by huge margins. If he can keep up and especially if he delivers championship he will be known as the best Jazzman ever. Plus as much as I love them both they are best at their positions in Utah Jazz history. Consensus among NBA players, coaches, media and experts that Magic is the best PG to ever play and Duncan is the best PF.

Are you so rigid in your thinking to still think Rudy is better than Donovan ... I love Rudy as much as anyone, but no way can he come close to doing the amazing things that Donovan does. People not on Jazzfanz are already calling him the next Michael Jordan. I'm not saying he will be that good. But no one expected him to be what he is now.

No it's not. Mitchell already surpassed whatever Malone and Stockton did in their rookie years respectively by huge margins. If he can keep up and especially if he delivers championship he will be known as the best Jazzman ever. Plus as much as I love them both they are best at their positions in Utah Jazz history. Consensus among NBA players, coaches, media and experts that Magic is the best PG to ever play and Duncan is the best PF.
For sure, Magic is the best PG but I think Malone might have the edge over Duncan if they played head-to-head during their prime years. Actually, Akeem who could've played PF and still could as he was super quick and had an outside game, would be better than both of them.