What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I guarantee Sarr goes before pick 10
I would say Sarr, Clingan, Castle are the guys I would bet are for sure gone before 10. I'd put a 90% on that. Unless something weird happens off court. I'd say Risacher is likely going to be in that group too but I am more like 80% sure there.

If I'm the Wizards I would probably draft Clingan. Bilal+Clingan gives you potential for an elite D and you draft your star in 2025

IMO, guys who have a floor that are higher than #10 are Sarr, Risacher, and Clingan. I think anyone else could feasibly drop to #10.

Castle isn’t dropping especially since he’s 6’7 in shoes now too

I wouldn’t bet on him dropping, but he’s not as much of a lock as the other guys. DX had Castle going #9, so it’s not like #10 would be some kind of massive drop. Less than 20% of happening in my eyes but the other guys are like <1-5% for me.

I wouldn’t bet on him dropping, but he’s not as much of a lock as the other guys. DX had Castle going #9, so it’s not like #10 would be some kind of massive drop. Less than 20% of happening in my eyes but the other guys are like <1-5% for me.
Is Castle a guy you think fans are higher on than FO? DX has been behind the curve on him a little he was around 15 after the Natty.

Is Castle a guy you think fans are higher on than FO? DX has been behind the curve on him a little he was around 15 after the Natty.

I don't know how to asses "fan" or "FO" opinion....but I guess I would lean towards fan opinion being higher just from what I've seen. 1) I think Castle's shooting concerns have been overlooked/dismissed very quickly (though you could argue the same is true for many others) and 2) he was a star in the tournament so has some recency bias/more exposure 3) DX has indeed been lower on him and I think their mocks/big boards reflect FO thinking more than fans do.

I don't know how to asses "fan" or "FO" opinion....but I guess I would lean towards fan opinion being higher just from what I've seen. 1) I think Castle's shooting concerns have been overlooked/dismissed very quickly (though you could argue the same is true for many others) and 2) he was a star in the tournament so has some recency bias/more exposure 3) DX has indeed been lower on him and I think their mocks/big boards reflect FO thinking more than fans do.
Jazz fans at least think he’s a top-5 ish prospect or so. Quite a bit would have him in their top-3.

I wonder more about what we could get for 10 and 29 or 10 and 32.

Memphis has 9, 39, and 57. I don't think it is worth giving up 10 and one of 29/32 to move up one spot..

The Spurs have 4, 8, 35, and 48. They would probably look to consolidate, not expand, but might give 8 & 35 for 10 & 29.

Portland has 7, 14, 34, and 40. Similar situation to the Spurs. Best case might be 7 and 34 (or 40) for 10 and 29.

Charlotte would be more interesting. They have 6 and 42. I doubt they would do 6 for 10 and 29, but maybe they would give both of theirs for all three of ours. Many people her probably wouldn't do that since they like prospects in the 29 or 32 range, but I would to ensure we get a better chance of getting our guy at 6 and still having a chance at 42 for someone. I don't think 10 and 29 are enough for 6 or even 6 and 42.

Detroit has 5 and 53. Maybe they would see enough team needs to take all three of our picks for their two.

Castle won't get past Charlotte. That is my prediction and I'm going to stick with it.