• Should have taken McCollum

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Would have like someone other than Burke or McCollum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There was no PG worth drafting in this draft

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gomretat

While I am glad we got one of the best PG's in the draft, I am not sure Burke is my first choice. I wonder if McCollum is a better long term answer in Utah. Not sure I see the upside with Burke that I do with CJ. So I am curious what others think. I was a Chris Paul fan over Deron as well so I am 0 for 2 on what I would have done with these picks.

McCollum is a crazy efficient scorer. He is not a true PG. Can he become one? I think so.
Burke is CLUTCH.. comes up big, game after game, when needed.
Burke has the 'it' .. the brains, the mental toughness, and is a pure PG.

I like them both, quite a bit.. but I give the STRONG edge to Burke.. I just see it in his eyes.

Burke was the only pg that I felt was good all around. McCullom is a great scorer but I didn't see his point guard skills as much, MCW has size and point guard skills but no shooting ability. So yeah love Burke!

McCollum is a crazy efficient scorer. He is not a true PG. Can he become one? I think so.
Burke is CLUTCH.. comes up big, game after game, when needed.
Burke has the 'it' .. the brains, the mental toughness, and is a pure PG.

I like them both, quite a bit.. but I give the STRONG edge to Burke.. I just see it in his eyes.

Yep, I do see it too. The "Hunger".

McCollum is the guy I had my sights set on before the draft, mostly because I didn't think Burke would fall into the range where the Jazz would trade up for him.

Burke is the obvious better player.

Burke is the proven floor leader who ran a tight offense and made players like Mitch McGary and Tim Hardaway Jr. look good. He plays at an NBA speed and faced tough defense in the Big 10 every game. Plus he can shoot from all over the floor.

Walt Perrin on what makes Burke a better PG prospect than others

- CJ better shooter, but would have to convert to be a PG

- Trey is pure PG. He has an intense spirit

- I'm on the road quite a bit. I spent 2 days at Michigan practice

- I talked to people around the program, and they all tell me he has an intense spirit and never lost the spirit.

- Watching them play in practice is important (though it's more important for big guy than PG).

- I also went to see Isiah Canaan at practice.

On top of what others have said (the competitive fire; true PG), one thing no one seems to be talking about is the fact that Burke is two years younger than McCollum. Isn't that usually something one takes into consideration when gauging a player's ceiling?

On top of what others have said (the competitive fire; true PG), one thing no one seems to be talking about is the fact that Burke is two years younger than McCollum. Isn't that usually something one takes into consideration when gauging a player's ceiling?

Great point. Rep'd.

Walt Perrin on what makes Burke a better PG prospect than others

- CJ better shooter, but would have to convert to be a PG

- Trey is pure PG. He has an intense spirit

- I'm on the road quite a bit. I spent 2 days at Michigan practice

- I talked to people around the program, and they all tell me he has an intense spirit and never lost the spirit.

- Watching them play in practice is important (though it's more important for big guy than PG).

- I also went to see Isiah Canaan at practice.

Is CJ really the better shooter? I know he had 12 games of shooting 50%, but other than that him and Trey look pretty even % wise.

Is CJ really the better shooter? I know he had 12 games of shooting 50%, but other than that him and Trey look pretty even % wise.

Dunno, that's what Walt Perrin said on Locke's interview.

I guess the fact that he's taller, it should mean it will be easier for him to get his shot off in the NBA?

Having read all of this, if the Jazz had a deal with Minnesota, after Detriot took KCP then the Jazz FO had their choice of which point guard to take and I trust the Jazz FO enough to make the decision out of the 3 point guards they wanted they chose Burke over McCollum and MCW, because Minnesota was essentially pick for the Jazz. So that answers the question that the Jazz FO liked Burke more than McCollum and MCW.

Having read all of this, if the Jazz had a deal with Minnesota, after Detriot took KCP then the Jazz FO had their choice of which point guard to take and I trust the Jazz FO enough to make the decision out of the 3 point guards they wanted they chose Burke over McCollum and MCW, because Minnesota was essentially pick for the Jazz. So that answers the question that the Jazz FO liked Burke more than McCollum and MCW.

LOL.. the CP3 vs DWill saga continues with Burke vs McCollum...