What's new

CJ Fredette?

gomretat

Jimmer has incredible range. Some of his shots are spectacular. His 15 -minute stretch against Utah is the most incredible 15-minute stretch I have seen at a college level. He has great upper body strength. He elevates quickly and well on his jumper. His step back jumper is very effective at creating space. He is unlikely to have off the court issues. And yet, I really hope we don’t draft him.

In 15 out of 37 games he shot 50% or higher from the 3 pt line. 16 out of 37 he shot 33% or lower from the 3 pt line. In 12 of those 16 games, he shot 25% or less from the 3 pt line. He ended the season at .396 from beyond the arc, which puts him well out of the top 100 in 3pt field goal percentage – probably between 120-140. This isn’t gymnastics, ice skating or bull riding. You don’t get extra points for some of the shots being spectacular. Though the range is amazing, the percentages don't make me want to draft him for his shooting. CJ is a tremendous shooter when he is on but consistency is obviously the killer. JF may well be more of the same.

Beyond shooting, add me to the list of those who don’t see him playing the point well. His ball handling is ok. His passing was ok but his assists are very low for the amount of time he had the ball in his hands. That being true at the college level makes him a tweener IMO. Tweeners who make a name in the NBA are typically very gifted athletes. That is not Jimmer.

As much as anything, I am concerned about his decision making on the court. In fairness this is as much a Dave Rose issue as it is about Jimmer but he has to take some of the blame. His decision-making and shot selection were simply terrible at times. I don’t remember a player who was so heralded who made such bad decisions. He may turn that around with a different coach and a different system but it is a real risk IMO. Add to that the defensive liability and it is not a good fit for the Jazz. We simply cannot afford that bad of defense on the perimeter. I realize BYU folks came out after the season and said it was on purpose. I am not buying.

I think Jimmer will have a serviceable NBA career. Most leading scorers in the NCAA don’t make it in the NBA but most Naismith winners do. His specialty of long range shooting will keep him in the game and he will make a good living. Given his size and style of play, he will contribute more on a team that is wide open like the Suns or current Nugget team. I am hopeful that at the 12 spot there are players left who are a much better fit and take a gamble on more upside.

Finally, I stick by the statement, Never Call A Grown Man Jimmer.

Last edited:
Thank you for creating a new thread about The Jimmer.
The Jimmer thanks you.

I agree we should draft Jimmer.

I think if you consistently shoot at or close to 40% from 3 you'll have an NBA career. It's a rare commodity and teams will overlook holes in your game if you can do it.

I think that is exactly where Jimmer finds his spot in the NBA.

His [Jimmer's] 15 -minute stretch against Utah is the most incredible 20-minute stretch I have seen at a college level.

Jimmer's so awesome he can change the space time continuum. We need to bundle our two lotto picks and try to move up t o make sure he's available for the Jazz!!

Jimmer's so awesome he can change the space time continuum. We need to bundle our two lotto picks and try to move up t o make sure he's available for the Jazz!!

No wonder he could score so much. So did they put 15 minutes for everyone else, and 20 minutes for him on the boxscore?

Not sure about that but I hear the Jazz plan on moving up and taking him before the first pick, in essence drafting him at "0".

I hear the Jazz are going to draft Jimmer with their 6th pick AND their 12th pick AND then package Al, Sap, and 2012 1st round pick to move up to the 1st pick in this draft, turn back time using the Quantum Jimmics and the Theory of Jimmer-tivity and draft him AGAIN!

I just went back in time before I was born, and laughed at these posts until my side hurt. When I came back they were still funny.
I really hope he gets drafted in 96 so we can win a couple of championships in 97 and 98.
Where is Marty, we need him to verify Jimmer's ability to do this without a delorean.

Sorry to all you Jimmer physicist, But it appears that he has already signed a contract. He will be playing for his older brother!

Attachments

• jimmer contract.jpg
    jimmer contract.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 24
I hear the Jazz are going to draft Jimmer with their 6th pick AND their 12th pick AND then package Al, Sap, and 2012 1st round pick to move up to the 1st pick in this draft, turn back time using the Quantum Jimmics and the Theory of Jimmer-tivity and draft him AGAIN!

This is Grand and Unifying.

Sorry to all you Jimmer physicist, But it appears that he has already signed a contract. He will be playing for his older brother!

Brothel, dipstick, and it's his cousin/lover's.

Jimmer has the highest vertical jump ever recorded in the NBA, and that was on a simple jump shot. What was that, 8 feet or something? I imagine if he really went at the hoop he would fly right over it, backboard and all. He could jump over an airplane in flight during the dunk contest, not some tiny little car. I mean now it is obvious that he is the number one pick in the draft hands-down.

In fact I heard he will be the number one pick for the next 3 drafts because everyone knows every #1 pick after him will still be second best. They will all just start at #2.

Also they tried to vote him into the NBA hall of fame this year and he missed it by one vote, and that guy marked the wrong box by accident and tried to hang himself when he realized what he had done.

And I also heard that every team in the NBA will be spotted 50 pts when they play against Jimmer's team just so they don't all get blown out by 70 or 80. And that picture on SI? It is going to be the new logo for the NBA. Pro Football and Baseball are protesting though because they realize that as soon as they NBA makes that change, no one will watch football or baseball again. 3 baseball teams already filed for bankruptcy preemptively.

And 18 teams in the NBA have petitioned Stern to allow them to have 7 players on the court when they face Jimmer's team just to ensure they can guard him well enough that he doesn't score 100 pts every single game. The other 12 teams want the fouls limit raised to 18 for guards before they foul out.

Stern is thinking about it.

Another rule change he is considering is requiring Jimmer to wear a ball and chain to slow him down just enough that he can barely dunk and can only outrun 98% of the NBA. And Stern recently announced that he has changed the lottery to include all 30 teams so he can continue the NBA conspiracy to get the biggest markets the best teams and rig the lottery so the Lakers get the Jimmer this year, using a bent ping-pong ball.

Recycling, FTW.

Jimmer has the highest vertical jump ever recorded in the NBA, and that was on a simple jump shot. What was that, 8 feet or something? I imagine if he really went at the hoop he would fly right over it, backboard and all. He could jump over an airplane in flight during the dunk contest, not some tiny little car. I mean now it is obvious that he is the number one pick in the draft hands-down.

In fact I heard he will be the number one pick for the next 3 drafts because everyone knows every #1 pick after him will still be second best. They will all just start at #2.

Also they tried to vote him into the NBA hall of fame this year and he missed it by one vote, and that guy marked the wrong box by accident and tried to hang himself when he realized what he had done.

And I also heard that every team in the NBA will be spotted 50 pts when they play against Jimmer's team just so they don't all get blown out by 70 or 80. And that picture on SI? It is going to be the new logo for the NBA. Pro Football and Baseball are protesting though because they realize that as soon as they NBA makes that change, no one will watch football or baseball again. 3 baseball teams already filed for bankruptcy preemptively.

And 18 teams in the NBA have petitioned Stern to allow them to have 7 players on the court when they face Jimmer's team just to ensure they can guard him well enough that he doesn't score 100 pts every single game. The other 12 teams want the fouls limit raised to 18 for guards before they foul out.

Another rule change he is considering is requiring Jimmer to wear a ball and chain to slow him down just enough that he can barely dunk and can only outrun 98% of the NBA. And Stern recently announced that he has changed the lottery to include all 30 teams so he can continue the NBA conspiracy to get the biggest markets the best teams and rig the lottery so the Lakers get the Jimmer this year, using a bent ping-pong ball.

Recycling, FTW.

Dang that funny. Too bad, I've given out all my reps for today :( Not that my 1 will help your 12. But, I'll hit you up tomorrow!

Recycling, FTW.

TL-DNR
It's obvious you are just another stiff poster (like a few others), and are just chucking posts up on this board.
We need more efficiency, not so much volume.
We need to see your Rep Per Post stats to be sure, but our Jazzfanz team needs more defense, and team play.... and less selfish, blackhole posters.

TIA

Recycling, FTW

TL-DNR
It's obvious you are just another stiff poster (like a few others), and are just chucking posts up on this board.
We need more efficiency, not so much volume.
We need to see your Rep Per Post stats to be sure, but our Jazzfanz team needs more defense, and team play.... and less selfish, blackhole posters.

TIA

Recycling, FTW

Touche.