What's new

Game Thread Dec 23, 2020: Jazz at Trail Blazers

Added to Calendar: 12-23-20

Also, if Conley is out, it’s a great time to start Shaq.
He needs to play. I’m not sure I’d start him against Dame but I’d like to see him against dame. I’d worry a bit that his over aggressive style and being a little amped up for the season might lead to early fouls and the penalty. I’d like to see him pressure their backup guys and get a couple steals/loose balls.

That said I’d likely get real hard if he started.

I think the elevation and the fact the players sleep in their own bed is still a bigger advantage then screaming fans. If the bubble was any indicator maybe its an advantage not to have fans for Mitchell.
It’s much more likely that the bubble’s effect related to depth perception—better visibility of the rim, in particular.

Have we ever won a season opener in Portland? Iirc, It isn’t an uncommon opener for us...

It’s much more likely that the bubble’s effect related to depth perception—better visibility of the rim, in particular.
I've always preferred closed off gyms to open air arenas... I always thought the NCAA having their final four in football stadiums on an elevated court to sell some extra tickets was crazy stupid. There were a couple low scoring championship games that suggest this is a thing.

Dame and CJ give our scheme issues. I'll bet Dame scores 40 tonight... we still might pull it out though.

Game 1.... This will clearly test the coaching staff‘s initial mindset on how to use our perimeter defenders.
I think this may be viewed as just lubing up the machine. Better temper those expectations because it's going to take a lot of foreplay before the action gets going.

I think this may be viewed as just lubing up the machine. Better temper those expectations because it's going to take a lot of foreplay before the action gets going.
Unfortunately this is too true. You probably know that I’m not expecting anything too radical early on.... and the result through 10 games is .500 at best.