What's new

Lester Hudson Got Rotted

homeytennis

The guy goes all the way through camp and gets the pink slip. Tinsely comes in and the record is 0-3. Couldn't have done worse with Lester as the backup.

You are right . . . the biggest reason we are 0-3 is because we brought in Tinsley over Hudson ?!?!?

The guy goes all the way through camp and gets the pink slip. Tinsely comes in and the record is 0-3. Couldn't have done worse with Lester as the backup.

Could have done even better with Mo Williams as the PG. And with Evans out, just imagine how much better off the Jazz would be with Millsap or Big Al getting the minutes instead of Gobert. Freakin' incompetent Jazz FO. LindseyBeGone!

Tinsley has really logged major minutes for us and scored a boatload of points and dished out assists like John Stockton. Not

Did you know that taking that many hits at once is bad for you?

The question was who would be better to work with Burke when he comes back, not who would win more early games.

If that were the case, why wasn't Tinsley signed this summer to do that? The Tinsley signing was a mark of desperation by the Jazz FO.

Maybe that should tell you something about Hudson. The Jazz were desperate to take an old, worn down Tinsley over him. Wonder why...

Maybe that should tell you something about Hudson. The Jazz were desperate to take an old, worn down Tinsley over him. Wonder why...

Dirty urine perhaps? It seems like Ian Clark is only there because they owe him some guaranteed money. His picture is almost on the back of a milk carton.

If that were the case, why wasn't Tinsley signed this summer to do that? The Tinsley signing was a mark of desperation by the Jazz FO.

I suppose the value combination of playing time and training eclipsed the cost for the Jazz, when just training did not.

I suppose the value combination of playing time and training eclipsed the cost for the Jazz, when just training did not.

Locke has thrown everyone other than the Core 4 under the bus. I'm not sure why he pi$$ed on Gobert but he has. He really singled out Lucas and Tinsley for special commendation. Hindsight is 20-20 but it seems like they should have kept Scottie and Hudson and sent Lucas on his way and never signed Tinsley. The TANK is working.

Locke has thrown everyone other than the Core 4 under the bus. I'm not sure why he pi$$ed on Gobert but he has. He really singled out Lucas and Tinsley for special commendation. Hindsight is 20-20 but it seems like they should have kept Scottie and Hudson and sent Lucas on his way and never signed Tinsley. The TANK is working.

No surprise, Lucas has been one of the worst players in the league so far this season:

https://bkref.com/tiny/iIpzn

IIRC, Lucas was signed before camp began. Keeping Hudson over Lucas was unlikely, and if we had, many of the same people would be complaining we cut Lucas.

IIRC, Lucas was signed before camp began. Keeping Hudson over Lucas was unlikely, and if we had, many of the same people would be complaining we cut Lucas.

Agreed. I think much of the though behind signing Lucas was that he was one of few veteran PGs that the FO knew first-hand-- and they knew that if Burke emerged as a legitimate starter over the course of the season, Lucas would gladly take a bench-role. His three-point shooting (a point of emphasis for Dennis Lindsey) was probably somewhat of an influence as well.