What's new

The Jazzfanz Graveyard: The Lost Souls of Jazzfanz

The Fresh Prince

This is where we acknowledge the memory of those users who have come and gone.

@calijazz used to be a regular on the site back in the 2000's. looks like he began to distance himself from the community once we moved to a new message board layout in 2010. Last seen in 2017.

@Avery frequently posted two days before he never logged on again in November of last year. Let's hope everything is okay with Avery.

Last edited:
This is where we acknowledge the memory of those users who have come and gone.

@calijazz used to be a regular on the site back in the 2000's. looks like he began to distance himself from the community once we moved to a new message board layout in 2010. Last seen in 2017.

@Avery frequently posted two days before he never logged on again in November of last year. Let's hope everything is okay with Avery.
@moevellini -- her username is inactive :(
@Stoked -- Went from very active to nothing. Would have enjoyed his takes on the war in Ukraine.
@bronco74 -- I'm not sure what the number was, but again, username inactive

@carolinajazz - no words can describe this guy. If he was just a troll or he really was an old man who despised "hopper" ball, he may have transcended by now or gone senile. Ironically he was last seen 3 years ago. I had thought it was 10 years since he was last seen here.

@carolinajazz - no words can describe this guy. If he was just a troll or he really was an old man who despised "hopper" ball, he may have transcended by now or gone senile. Ironically he was last seen 3 years ago. I had thought it was 10 years since he was last seen here.
Forreal, I would have thought it was much longer than three years.

Weird to say, but I miss him in a way. We were all so much more innocent back then that he seemed extreme. I mean he did constantly say borderline or just plain old racist things, but it seems things have just gotten worse since those good old days.

LTV too. We had a wild bunch back then.
Yeah but really the difference lies in viciousness and willingness to cross any line to rile people up,. Recent trolls devolve into vile personal attacks on a level that borders on cartoonish. And yes, past trolls definintely traded in personal insults, but there were some lines (e.g. accusations of pedophilia or sexually abusing one's own child) that even the original trolls didn't cross. Even look at melothejazzkiller, he gets into this area a bit, but once he sees it is approaching that line, he backs off a bit. He is still insulting and pushes buttons, but he doesn't dive head-first over that line.

Yeah but really the difference lies in viciousness and willingness to cross any line to rile people up,. Recent trolls devolve into vile personal attacks on a level that borders on cartoonish. And yes, past trolls definintely traded in personal insults, but there were some lines (e.g. accusations of pedophilia or sexually abusing one's own child) that even the original trolls didn't cross. Even look at melothejazzkiller, he gets into this area a bit, but once he sees it is approaching that line, he backs off a bit. He is still insulting and pushes buttons, but he doesn't dive head-first over that line.
I don't know, I think a lot of those old trolls also crossed the same line. I mean dutchy threatened to murder me and my family. I'm also not sure the new trolls are different people from the old ones. The only thing newish is the people who interact, usually.

I don't know, I think a lot of those old trolls also crossed the same line. I mean dutchy threatened to murder me and my family. I'm also not sure the new trolls are different people from the old ones. The only thing newish is the people who interact, usually.
Yeah there was a lot of shenanigans and posters with beef with other posters all the way back. I think that personally I was less directly involved and/or had much less emotional investment in the conflict back then.

I would be interested to know if some of our most recent trolls had any presence in the Jazz section, even if that is only reading threads there. I get the feeling that some of the people recently have strictly come here to engage in vitriolic political/cultural trolling. I think a lot of it gets attributed to alts, but I'm always hesitant to make that assumption. I think it's very likely that some Jazzfanz posters are also active on other political forums and might link our discussions here on their forums which directs some of those people here with the sole purpose of mixing things up in those specific threads.

I've wondered if it would be beneficial to have some sort of requirement that a certain portion of a posters activity here take place in the Jazz forum so that at the least we have our jazz fandom in common. I think that wouldn't work though and would just encourage trolls to infest the Jazz forum with spam to get their quota filled so that they can come back and continue trolling the general forum.

Yeah, true, I get that. To GF's point, most of those trolls were, like, real people that came here for the Jazz and let themselves get carried away in other discussions where they were just acting like fools. The most recent spate of trolls seem intent on trolling exclusively for the sake of trolling and throwing any **** they could against the proverbial wall to see what sticks. Not that past behavior was acceptable, and the bans were definitely deserved, but it feels different to me at least when you know it is coming from an actual person who let themselves get carried away vs someone whose sole intent is vitriol and denigration for their own amusement. Factory trolls vs real people behaving badly? Idk. Just feels different in this latest bunch.

Yeah there was a lot of shenanigans and posters with beef with other posters all the way back. I think that personally I was less directly involved and/or had much less emotional investment in the conflict back then.

I would be interested to know if some of our most recent trolls had any presence in the Jazz section, even if that is only reading threads there. I get the feeling that some of the people recently have strictly come here to engage in vitriolic political/cultural trolling. I think a lot of it gets attributed to alts, but I'm always hesitant to make that assumption. I think it's very likely that some Jazzfanz posters are also active on other political forums and might link our discussions here on their forums which directs some of those people here with the sole purpose of mixing things up in those specific threads.

I've wondered if it would be beneficial to have some sort of requirement that a certain portion of a posters activity here take place in the Jazz forum so that at the least we have our jazz fandom in common. I think that wouldn't work though and would just encourage trolls to infest the Jazz forum with spam to get their quota filled so that they can come back and continue trolling the general forum.
Yeah, I definitely don't want them in the Jazz Forum.

This thread got me thinking. I've been on here for around 17 or 18 years. Wow, I've been cringy, dumb, and overall terrible at times. But I've also made some friends and been a little more willing to post whatever about life then pretty much anything else from the internet. I had an account on here long before Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat. I guess it's an okay community. I'll be in Utah after Christmas. It would be nice to do a meetup again. Unless the Jazz are sucking *** at that time.

How many remember back when the group informally known as “The STG” was around. Are any of them still active?
You talkin' about dalamon, Dr. Jones, UGLI and Chris-L? Trout sort of joined that gang, too. You could also say that Stoked was included. I discovered that I was not in the cool kids club after thinking that maybe I was.

I assume their leader eventually told them that jazzfanz was lame so they all went away overnight.