What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

His plusminus was insane again

I miss him. Dude just kicks ***. It’s a shame we couldn’t build around him enough to win a championship or two. What a talent
Good post

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I watched the Bucks vs Indy and Clippers vs Mavs games in the wrong order. After the fast paced and exhausting thriller the latter felt like a slow motion slugfest.

I swear if all those current/former All-stars on Clippers would just put a bit more effort in their game amd hustle some... Mavs wouldnt stand a chance. But they look like they think they can win just by showing up.

We should’ve kept NAW and Gobert and dumped Mitchell.

That “worst trade ever” is looking amazing for the wolves.
I would add Mike. Mike/NAW/Lauri/Rudy would have been a huge base. But many peoples were thinking about Mike being too old, getting injured..., Rudy going down as well after 30, NAW was not the player he is now. But overall i agree, The 2 Minnesota trade are looking very bad for us now.

I’m not sure I’ve ever see opinion flip so hard on a trade in my entire life. From “one of the worst trades of all time” to “the Wolves may win the Finals for the first time, Ainge got fleeced”.

They’re right. I think in hindsight all of us are starting to think that Donovan alone should have been the one traded. Rudy’s reputation got smeared for trash defence from his supporting cast. The zeal for picks sent our best PG and our best defending PG to Minnesota. The playoff losses made us not realize how successful a Rudy team could be. Minnesota saw it, and right now they present the only threat in the playoffs to the Denver Nuggets. Personally I have them as getting to the Finals from the West. We will see what happens in the East.

- George

I’m not sure I’ve ever see opinion flip so hard on a trade in my entire life. From “one of the worst trades of all time” to “the Wolves may win the Finals for the first time, Ainge got fleeced”.

They’re right. I think in hindsight all of us are starting to think that Donovan alone should have been the one traded. Rudy’s reputation got smeared for trash defence from his supporting cast. The zeal for picks sent our best PG and our best defending PG to Minnesota. The playoff losses made us not realize how successful a Rudy team could be. Minnesota saw it, and right now they present the only threat in the playoffs to the Denver Nuggets. Personally I have them as getting to the Finals from the West. We will see what happens in the East.

- George
If they stay healthy I think they can take the nuggets. Whoever comes out of that series will win the championship I think. Having said that, Joker and Gordon is a different animal than Nurkic and Royce. But you’ve gotta love the length and depth that the wolves have to compete against the Nuggets frontline.

When did Ant become prime Mamba?

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a dominant SG/SF play with this much fire. Him locking down people and taunting them on defense is giving me flashbacks to Kobe. What a talent.

It’s truly amazing to see them pressure these stars on defense. NAW, Ant, McDaniels, etc are getting in Booker’s and Beal’s grill full court and just not giving a ****. You can tell by mid 3rd quarter Phx just doesn’t have anything left in the tank.

I watched the Bucks vs Indy and Clippers vs Mavs games in the wrong order. After the fast paced and exhausting thriller the latter felt like a slow motion slugfest.

I swear if all those current/former All-stars on Clippers would just put a bit more effort in their game amd hustle some... Mavs wouldnt stand a chance. But they look like they think they can win just by showing up.
The clippers trying to use the first round instead of the regular season to learn to play together and give a **** about basketball just isn’t working. The regular season exists for a reason. But if your stars miss the majority of it due to injury and rest, it’s hard to get ready for the playoffs. The intensity of the playoffs is just too great for guys to loaf around for months and think they can show up and dominate.

I also don’t like the clippers offense. They just go one on one. Compare that to the way Minnesota or Denver play. It’s night and day.

I also don’t like the clippers offense. They just go one on one. Compare that to the way Minnesota or Denver play. It’s night and day.
Me neither. PG13 is basically every front office's dream player: 3&D wing who can handle the ball and create shots. He is also paid accordingly and then 90% of the time he is used merely as a floor spacer, as Harden is running his own show. I wonder what a healthy PG13 would look like in Hardy's system.

Kawhi played more in the regular season than he has since 2016. Unfortunately, it seems that this also backfired as he moves around the court like Otto Porter jr.

I think the pendulum is swinging slightly back to position basketball. It's becoming clear you just can't completely ignore PG/C and do the 4-5 wing thing

I think this says more about MIN than PHX to be honest. They were not a team built for the regular season, but they still won a ton of games in a tough west. I guess the other side of that is that they were supposed to be built for the playoffs, but I think this MIN is playing at an extremely high level. DEN vs MIN might be for the title.

I assumed everyone had Amazon Prime. It makes it a hell of a lot easier on me because I don’t subscribe to anything that gets the national network games.
Don't worry, it'll be an add-on subscription for $14.99 a month so you can experience the same frustration as everyone else!

- George
FWIW I expressed the dichotomous opinion that it was both one of the most lop-sided trades in league history AND that the wolves would likely have enough to compete. In fact, as a Rudy fan, I'm incredibly happy for him to have that chance and hoped that was the case, in addition to hoping Ainge would know how to bake this cake with all the prime ingredients he just got.

But the part that is beginning to be disheartening is that it's beginning to look like Ainge might be the chef on the cooking competition show who gets handed all the best ingredients, then we find out he can't make toast to save his life and we all just know he's going down spectacularly in the final tasting.

Let's hope Ainge isn't that guy.

I think in hindsight all of us are starting to think that Donovan alone should have been the one traded. Rudy’s reputation got smeared for trash defence from his supporting cast. The zeal for picks sent our best PG and our best defending PG to Minnesota. The playoff losses made us not realize how successful a Rudy team could be. Minnesota saw it, and right now they present the only threat in the playoffs to the Denver Nuggets. Personally I have them as getting to the Finals from the West. We will see what happens in the East.
I don’t think this is a ‘hindsight is 20/20’ scenario, even if it was a narrative most Jazz fans came around to. Everyone knew about Rudy’s value and everyone knew about Quin’s mismanagement and the Donovan issues but suppressed those feelings. When we watched the same thing happen in the post season for the third year in a row, Jazz fans took that trauma and tried to deal with it by listening to Twitter and casuals and embraced movements from a new GM who lives in that world.

The trade looks good now. Next year it may not. All it takes is a couple of injuries at the right time and we will get some more lottery picks

Does Oneeye post any more? A hat tip to him as he sniffed out DM's warts first. If the Jazz shipped DM and kept everyone else where would we be?