What's new

Why have we been so bad vs the clippers?

yamers

looking at the past meetings, clips beat us 3-1 in the regular season. Do we just match up bad?

Oct 30, 2016 Utah 75, LA 88 <- we didn't have hayward this game.

Feb 13, 2017 LA 88, Utah 72 <- pretty damn bad game. Hayward 2/12, Hill 2/10. Couldn't make a shot.

Mar 13, 2017 LA 108, Utah 114 <- CP3 was on fire. We were able to pull away with the W.

Mar 25, 2017 Utah 95, LA 108 <- crawford....

We've played bad against them. We've played bad against most good teams this year. We just feasted on the lesser ones.

I still have hope that a healthy Jazz could take the clippers. I'd rather play them then OKC to be honest. We won't be able to stop Chris Paul, the jazz can never stop any point guard ever, forget about CP, but if our bigs can lock it down, Chris Paul can't win on his own. Also the Clippers have a storied history of choking in the playoffs. They have a history of melting down. If we can just come out, hit them in the mouth, shake them...

We've played bad against them. We've played bad against most good teams this year. We just feasted on the lesser ones.

I still have hope that a healthy Jazz could take the clippers. I'd rather play them then OKC to be honest. We won't be able to stop Chris Paul, the jazz can never stop any point guard ever, forget about CP, but if our bigs can lock it down, Chris Paul can't win on his own. Also the Clippers have a storied history of choking in the playoffs. They have a history of melting down. If we can just come out, hit them in the mouth, shake them...

Easy easy easy mate. Quinn is a genius of focusing on 1 threat an forcin them to score a nother way. All the other good coaches, they bin doing the same with Hayward which is why Snyder built Diaw in to a crushing machine an Gobert one of the best offensive centers in NBA.

In short: **** the floppers **** Chris Paul we don't need no home court.

It's not just the clippers. We have a poor overall record against playoff teams in general. They just happen to be the focus because they are our first round matchup.

That said I see Crawford as our kryptonite. He is one who, if he gets going, we have no answer for.

Let's see... they're third in the league in FG %, 5th in 3PT% and they take care of the ball better than the Jazz.

Though I feel if the Jazz are healthy and play halfway decent (ahem, Hayward) they can beat them in a series.

That said I see Crawford as our kryptonite. He is one who, if he gets going, we have no answer for.

he might win one game for them. Statistically for the year he's been pretty meh i think. But he prob will win one game this series for them.

We havent had a completely healthy rotation lineup against the Clippers yet.

My guess is it will be between a 4 and 7 game series with the Jazz winning.

It's actually Austin Rivers that I worry about off the bench. That guy has been on fire of late and can really get the team going with his energy. Redick is also a concern if he can get it going from the three point line as he's a bit of a tough match up for our twos. Beyond that I think the series hinges on how well Griffin plays. Too quick for any of our fours, and too strong for anybody else (Ingles), we just have to beat him down by committee. For the Jazz, I think Joe Johnson could be the X factor.

It's actually Austin Rivers that I worry about off the bench. That guy has been on fire of late and can really get the team going with his energy. Redick is also a concern if he can get it going from the three point line as he's a bit of a tough match up for our twos. Beyond that I think the series hinges on how well Griffin plays. Too quick for any of our fours, and too strong for anybody else (Ingles), we just have to beat him down by committee. For the Jazz, I think Joe Johnson could be the X factor.
Rivera hasn't played in the last two weeks.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Hill doesn't bother CP3 as much as he can some other starters.

In at least one of the games OP mentioned Mbah a Moute played very solid defense vs Hayward, which isn't a complete fluke..

Crawford and Rivers are usually locked in vs Utah. Lets not forget;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxKYgANQ58k