What's new

“One day”

I think I’ve still got tokens that say 49th Street Galleria. What is that now? I know they turned it into the “Utah Fun Dome” (what a stupid name) for a little while in the 90s but it’s either abandoned or something else occupying it. When did they get rid of the bungee tower?
Think it's boondocks now. My kids worked there for a while. The one in Kaysville.

Think it's boondocks now. My kids worked there for a while. The one in Kaysville.
Nah, the Boondocks in the SL valley is right off the freeway in Draper. Unless you’re saying that the people who owned it moved it to Boondocks.

Is there a post count sweepstakes that I’m not aware of? Cause Infection is kicking this games trash.
No, this thread just happens to moving in its most appropriate direction.

I think I’ve still got tokens that say 49th Street Galleria. What is that now? I know they turned it into the “Utah Fun Dome” (what a stupid name) for a little while in the 90s but it’s either abandoned or something else occupying it. When did they get rid of the bungee tower?
That takes me back… orange julius, graviton, end of year parties. Also the N went out on fun dome so it was the FU Dome for a while.

The 49th street galleria was the most happening place for 80s/90s kids... guys like THIS GUY.

Also, speaking of one. How's about this juan?

The 49th street galleria was the most happening place for 80s/90s kids... guys like THIS GUY.

Also, speaking of one. How's about this juan?

Juan Day played football for the Razorbacks. He appears to have last played in 2015.

Perhaps he hasn’t played football since then because he picked up basketball. Maybe @homeytennis could tell us if he ever tried out for the basketball team. Perhaps we could bring him on as a Donovan replacement one day when he leaves for the Knicks.

Funny, I'm pretty sure I have a 49th Street Galleria token as well. I did go to it when it was the Fun Dome a few times as well, had a friend from West Valley that I would meet there. Last I remember they had turned it in to some kind of technical college, but I haven't lived in Utah for over 20 years, so not sure what they have done with it now.

Does anybody remember Snelgrove at Fort Union? I have thought about this off and on over the years. I don’t think I had ever eaten there, but I always remembered the ice cream sign and when I was a kid would wonder why it didn’t melt, then was surprised to find out it was concrete. Anyway, I’ve always wondered what it was called and was going to post and ask, then for whatever reason Snelgrove popped into my head. I looked it up but all the pictures appear to be from a Salt Lake location that, at least the ice cream sign, may have still been up in recent history. I think it was maybe the late 90s that the Fort Union one was gone.

1631156292705.jpeg

Here’s the demo of the Murray smokestacks:

Does anybody remember Snelgrove at Fort Union? I have thought about this off and on over the years. I don’t think I had ever eaten there, but I always remembered the ice cream sign and when I was a kid would wonder why it didn’t melt, then was surprised to find out it was concrete. Anyway, I’ve always wondered what it was called and was going to post and ask, then for whatever reason Snelgrove popped into my head. I looked it up but all the pictures appear to be from a Salt Lake location that, at least the ice cream sign, may have still been up in recent history. I think it was maybe the late 90s that the Fort Union one was gone.

View attachment 11208
They are reopening snelgrove in St George area soonish I just saw. I can't remember but they sold snelgrove to one of the major ice cream brands. It went downhill after that until they closed the locations. The original family is bringing it back.

91Ump-bHyCL._RI_.jpg

One of them now has a cooking show. And why are janitors always so creepy looking?