What's new

“That little mother****** is good. That dude’s a rookie. He’s crazy. He’s the best rookie in the NBA

yamers

Austin rivers on DM45

“That little ************ is good. That dude’s a rookie. He’s crazy. He’s the best rookie in the NBA.

“If you don’t count Ben Simmons. If you’re not counting Ben Simmons. Excluding Ben Simmons, he’s the best rookie in the NBA. Him and [Jayson] Tatum.

“Donovan Mitchell is the best rookie in the NBA, bottom line. That ************ is out there leading a team as a rookie. You know what I mean?

“He’s got way more on his shoulders than a lot of other guys, eluding Ben Simmons. Him and Tatum are impressive.”

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/austi...ie-excluding-ben-simmons/#FIYoxji5EhuwGWLa.99

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/austi...ie-excluding-ben-simmons/#G1gZfiBy3VvH6BS8.97

Last edited:
Haven't seen a lot from some other rookies, but this felt right two weeks ago - and feels even more right today.

He is a fast learner. He is driving less recklessly, has a dope deep bomb and battles defensively every possession.

He seems to be doing better when he isnt having extended periods running the offense too.

His confidence and/or self belief is crazy high....

Who the **** cares that Austin Rivers said Mitchell was the best player, but he didn't, but he is, but he's third, but still the best? Dude made my brain hurt.

Last edited:
What did I miss? How does TMac fit into this?

NM. Didn’t watch video.

rocketsoy0.gif

Not sure what you are saying...
His knock is joking he doesn’t know what Utah is, a team (among many others) who kept him out of the second round in back-to-back years. Just like pretending he didn’t know Deron’s name. It would be like Boozer “dissing” Lamar Odom by pretending he didn’t know who he was — it wouldn’t be a diss, it’d be a latent manifestation of insecurity, bitterness, embarrassment or shame, and serves as deflection from uncomfortable realities — using humor as a defense mechanism (albeit recognized as a more healthy defense mechanism).

His knock is joking he doesn’t know what Utah is, a team (among many others) who kept him out of the second round in back-to-back years. Just like pretending he didn’t know Deron’s name. It would be like Boozer “dissing” Lamar Odom by pretending he didn’t know who he was — it wouldn’t be a diss, it’d be a latent manifestation of insecurity, bitterness, embarrassment or shame, and serves as deflection from uncomfortable realities — using humor as a defense mechanism (albeit recognized as a more healthy defense mechanism).
Oh yeah, forgot about the Deron thing lmao. I still think it's funny. I like TMac on ESPN.

With his rate of improvement and desire to learn I still wouldn't count him out. Once again, however, the market may work against him.
Simmons has gotten so much pub and has played so well. It would take a lot for Mitchell to pass him. A few more 40 point games and the Jazz continuing to climb the playoff board would definitely help.