What's new

1/8/2011 Jazz at Rockets, 1:30 UT (6:30 Utah), FSR/FSH

This game once again proves that you cannot ever count the Jazz out. Gotta stick with them to the end. Never know what they will do.

I think this is a big big big win. To come back and show some life after playing like total crap for a week. Hopefully this is a spring to better
things. It would have been a really lame loss. All teams go through tough times. Hopefully, this win has minimized the damage and now we'll
see the team the jazz should be.

Plus, it's always fun to read ClutchFans after we beat the rockets. Tonight should be even more fun than usual.

Hopefully this win gives the guys the shot in the arm that they need. These past few games have been cringe-inducing.

We need to get a nice win streak going before the All-Star break.

With 5:30 left in the 4th quarter and the Jazz trailing by 9, Paul Millsap had 4 points and 5 rebounds on 2-9 shooting.
Here's how good Paul Millsap was in the final 5:29 of regulation plus OT:
-23 points, 5 rebounds on 9-11 shooting and 5-5 from the FT line.
-scored 23 of Utah's final 30 points
-scored 12 of Utah's 14 OT points on 6-6 shooting

Millsap's struggled the past couple weeks but his game was clicking on all cylinders to finish. Good to see him get his offense going and hopefully it will give him the confidence to become more aggressive as opposed to the more tentative-style we've seen from him recently. He's not a guy you depend on a consistent basis to carry the frontcourt scoring but in some stretches of games he can be that other finisher the Jazz need. Hopefully he can keep it going.

How old is Brad Miller? He looks positively haggard. I wouldn't be surprised to find him camping out in the secret hollow space inside the bushes near Payson Utah's Barnett Elementary School, where strange and terrifying men can often be found.

Damn, this one almost killed my dad and I. Sometimes I think the Jazz are trying to give me a heart attack.

D-Will played and acted like a ***** for 90% of the game. Good thing Al and Paul put the team on their backs when we needed it, because Williams looked like he was ready to start his Cancun vacation.

Well if the Jazz would have lost this game I would have officially ate my sports hemlock for the year.

Jefferson and Millsap were studs tonight. Al damn near single handily kept the Jazz in the game in the 3rd, and Sap's 4th quarter and OT period was just legendary. Ok, so beating a sub .500 Houston team may not be legendary, but I really really hate the Rockets so it qualifies in my book.

Bleh, I went over to ClutchFans to get some laughs.
It used to be that when the Jazz beat the rockets, Clutchfans would be full of crazy drunk jazz hate. It was so funny.
Now? They just hate their own team. BORING!

Bleh, I went over to ClutchFans to get some laughs.
It used to be that when the Jazz beat the rockets, Clutchfans would be full of crazy drunk jazz hate. It was so funny.
Now? They just hate their own team. BORING!

Gives you some perspective, eh? Things could be much, much worse.

Cant believe the jazz pulled that one out - still no 4 qtr effort - but again - a great 4th qtr effort! It certainly helps that houston started missing shots obviously - something that didnt happen agst the grizzlies. It seems that teams always get hot agst us in the 1st half and then we just wait for them to go cold and for someone on our team to get hot in the last half! we are like the horse that sits at the back and relies on the barnstorming run at the end to win.

Nice to see milsapp take over the game after getting beat up by scola in 1st half. Milsapp really needs to accept that he needs to be a go to guy. He really attacked the rim in the 4th qtr - something he didnt do in 1st 3 qtrs.

AJ was great to - love when he gets fired up - also love when he dunks rather than layups - would also like him try and get to basket more if possible - but played a stella 3rd qtr.

dwill was as petulant as ever - and u could see him sometimes just walk out of the offense if something didnt run right. Maybe he sees as part of the teams development that others have to stand up and he is lettin him them do that by being a sulky bum.

AK is really hard to watch isnt he - he is so streaky - seems to miss a lot of shots around the basket - and his jumpshot is so on and off - off last night - as much as i like seeing him play when he is on - maybe the missing ingredient for this team is the person that replaces AK whether by trade or free agency.

We also need raja's shot to be more consistent to state the obvious - h/e he has added a lot i think defensively to this team - even if it is more in reputation.

This year is just going to be up an down all season - it is to be expected with a young and newish team.

Well...

Can't say that this is a great win. Houston sucks. And we fell behind by double digits (again).

But at least we won. I just don't think any team can survive a 82 game season by forgetting to play for 3 quarters, falling behind, and then relying on miracles.

Damn, this one almost killed my dad and I. Sometimes I think the Jazz are trying to give me a heart attack.

D-Will played and acted like a ***** for 90% of the game. Good thing Al and Paul put the team on their backs when we needed it, because Williams looked like he was ready to start his Cancun vacation.

What with his 15 assists and all. Freaking slacker.

You're right, he was playing so hard and acting like a true leader for that whole game.

He definitely wasn't. Dude was straight frustrated, but once his teammates started moving to the right place and making shots, Williams turned into the player we all hope he could be...the ultimate distributor.

DW was nothing short of fantastic in the 4th quarter.

I think we needed this disclaimer a little earlier...

Sarcasm.jpg