What's new

#1 Pick to Utah?

How nice would it have been if the Jazz could have gotten them more talent.

Or maybe if we hadn't gone up against Jordan. Only the best ever, and in his prime no one beat him. Also we had lots of talented role players to go with our two stars horny was about as good a role player in the league at that time. If we had gone up against any other team, we'd have gotten at least one chip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kanter and Burks have potential to be a great one two punch on offense with Favors and Gobert manning the middle on defense and Hayward being a great third option and providing hustle plays and playmaking. 15/5/5 is a great third option that also gets to the line a great deal as well

We've got lots of talent, but grass always seems greener on the other side, feel we need to find guys now that know there roles to fit around the young talent.

Yeah, so much talent we had the fourth worst record in the league. C'mon man.

Last edited:
Yeah, so much talent w had the fourth worst record in the league. C'mon man.

You do realize this is a really young team right? You realize last year was the first time Favors has started right? And you do understand that Burks and Kanter have never started full time right? And you understand who the coach was last year, right?

Not even OKC started winning instantly, and you understand we are getting a really good player in this draft right?

With all of that said, you're saying there is no talent?

Or maybe if we hadn't gone up against Jordan. Only the best ever, and in his prime no one beat him. Also we had lots of talented role players to go with our two stars horny was about as good a role player in the league at that time. If we had gone up against any other team, we'd have gotten at least one chip

You don't get to choose your opponent. Hornacek was not the player he was when he came in the league. In 1998, he was playing on one leg. You are way overvaluing our bench players. Ostertag had talent but he only showed up every 5th game. Russell was the only solid role player the Jazz had. The Jazz were one player and missed calls from getting a championship against even the Bulls. Yes if David Benoit had made one of the three 3 pts against Houston in 1995 the Jazz would have had a legitimate shot at beating the Knicks but it still wasn't guaranteed they would.

We've got lots of talent, but grass always seems greener on the other side, feel we need to find guys now that know there roles to fit around the young talent.

Jazz have a lot of talent right now but molding a team doesn't happen in one two or even three years. Stockton and Malone didn't even get to the finals until they were in their late 30's. So how about we let the new coach and their staff actually try to develop these young potentially good/great players and see where it takes us. Along the way we tweak the the roster as needed with either FAs or a trade and continue to add talent in the future with the draft. No player on this roster can't be traded if it makes the team better. Patience is needed but some fans want it over night and that is when a franchise makes a dumb mistake.

Last edited:
Jazz have a lot of talent right now but molding a team doesn't happen in one two or even three years. Stockton and Malone didn't even get to the finals until they were in their late 30's. So how about we let the new coach and their staff actually try to develop these young potentially good/great players and see where it takes us. Along the way we tweak the the roster as needed with either FAs or a trade and continue to add talent in the future with the draft. No player on this roster can't be trade if it makes the team better. Patience is needed but some fans want it over night and that is when a franchise makes a dumb mistake.

Ummmmm... Are you quoting the right post?

Alright so now they are saying Favors plus #5 and an unprotected #1 next year or Alec Burks for #1 and Jack. That's a bit much for me... love me some Alec Burks.

Spence and Monson reporting that Cleveland has rejected every teams offers except for the Jazz and Philly.

Jazz offer is #5, Favors, #23

Cleveland asked for #5, Favors, a future unprotected 1st.

Jazz also willing to send Alec Burks instead of the draft pick, but the FO is not united on including Alec.

Cleveland will send #1 and Jarrett Jack.

Jazz front office is waffling between Wiggins and Parker.

Not clear what Philly is offering, but MCW is on the table as is the #3 and #10 picks.

Philly has offered MCW and Thadeus Young to LAL for Steve Nash's corpse and the #7 pick.

Spence and Monson reporting that Cleveland has rejected every teams offers except for the Jazz and Philly.

Jazz offer is #5, Favors, #23

Cleveland asked for #5, Favors, a future unprotected 1st.

Jazz also willing to send Alec Burks instead of the draft pick, but the FO is not united on including Alec.

Cleveland will send #1 and Jarrett Jack.

Jazz front office is waffling between Wiggins and Parker.

Thanks for passing along the info.

I dont believe any of it for a second, but if all of that's true, just include the future 1st to get it done.

£¥£

Would you rather...

Do the trade for #1

Or keep Favors, #5, and trade Alec and our unguaranteed contracts for #8 and Carl Landry....

Or just tell Cleveland to stick it.

So, short version: is this real or a local radio troll job. I haven't seen anyone outside of the Utah media talking about it.

I do think eventually we have to choose between Burks and Hayward... don't think we can afford everyone if they are playing the same position. Just doesn't have to be right now.

Checketts says he has a source inside the Jazz. Do you not believe him? Lindsey wouldn't use the Jazz owned media to his advantage....would he?