What's new

1 Player per team ALL STAR GAME

Jazzachery

I was bugged last year that the WC starting 5 had 4 players from LA (Howard, Bryant, Paul, and Griffin) and that what seemed like half of the eastern confernce team came from the Miami Heat and the Boston Celtics. What if each NBA team was only allowed to send one allstar to represent their teams. Now trying to keep a balance in positions (pg, sg, etc) it might be difficult. Here are some rosters that I came up with. What do yall think and what lineups would you choose??

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PG Chris Paul / Tony Parker / Ricky Rubio
SG: Kobe Bryant / Steph Curry / Gordon Hayward
SF: Kevin Durant / Kenneth Faried / Anthony Davis
PF Dirk Nowitzki / Demarcus Cousins/ Lemarcus Aldridge
C: Dwight Howard / Marc Gasol / Marcin Gortat

EASTERN CONFERENCE

PG: Derrick Rose / Kyrie Irving / Rajon Rondo
SG: Paul George / Bradley Beal / Aaron Afflalo
SF: Lebron James / Carmelo Anthony/ Rudy Gay
PF: Al Horford / Nerlens Noel / Josh Smith
C: Brook Lopez / Al Jefferson / Larry Sanders

I was bugged last year that the WC starting 5 had 4 players from LA (Howard, Bryant, Paul, and Griffin) and that what seemed like half of the eastern confernce team came from the Miami Heat and the Boston Celtics. What if each NBA team was only allowed to send one allstar to represent their teams. Now trying to keep a balance in positions (pg, sg, etc) it might be difficult. Here are some rosters that I came up with. What do yall think and what lineups would you choose??

WESTERN CONFERENCE

PG Chris Paul / Tony Parker / Ricky Rubio
SG: Kobe Bryant / Steph Curry / Gordon Hayward
SF: Kevin Durant / Kenneth Faried / Anthony Davis
PF Dirk Nowitzki / Demarcus Cousins/ Lemarcus Aldridge
C: Dwight Howard / Marc Gasol / Marcin Gortat

EASTERN CONFERENCE

PG: Derrick Rose / Kyrie Irving / Rajon Rondo
SG: Paul George / Bradley Beal / Aaron Afflalo
SF: Lebron James / Carmelo Anthony/ Rudy Gay
PF: Al Horford / Nerlens Noel / Josh Smith
C: Brook Lopez / Al Jefferson / Larry Sanders

Interesting idea...... but I hate it.

All star is suppossed to carry a certain prestige along with the title.
I don't want players like bradley beal and nerlens noel getting the all star tag just because thier teams suck and they have to have someone from thier team represented

I agree with you completely Fish. I should have clarified this was just an interesting idea I came up because I am bored right now. Just curious what other people would think the roster would look like if this was the case. Its hard leaving people like Wade and Bosh off of a team for people like Beal and Noel, but that is what made it fun trying to create a roster. Would I really want it this way in the NBA?.....No.
I would like to see the winning conference of the ASG to secure home court advantage to the team from that conference for the finals tho. Give the players something to compete for.

Stupid idea. Maybe set a limit on how many All-Stars a single team can have (like 2), but don't make every team have an All-Star.

Worst thing MLB ever did was make a rule that every team had to have an all star. Then they made it worse by giving the winning team home field in the World Series.

Worst thing MLB ever did was make a rule that every team had to have an all star. Then they made it worse by giving the winning team home field in the World Series.

I'd say that is a slight exaggeration

I'd say that is a slight exaggeration

As a braves fan, the fact that AL won the Allstar game is going to screw my braves in the world series out of home field if they have a better record. That is just asinine, and only one member of the braves played in the game. How stupid. The Allstar game plays a huge role in the biggest game in baseball.

As a braves fan, the fact that AL won the Allstar game is going to screw my braves in the world series out of home field if they have a better record. That is just asinine, and only one member of the braves played in the game. How stupid. The Allstar game plays a huge role in the biggest game in baseball.

As a Giants fan, I'm ok with it if the Dodgers were to make it to the WS and then lose in 7. Only team I hate more is the Yankees and they probably won't make the playoffs.

Seriously, I agree. This is a DUMB change that was made. The AS game is an exhibition. Who really gives a $%#@ who wins?

I think this idea might lead to franchise players sticking to their team and not running off to make a super team. I might be for it if they tied it to their pay scale(only All-Stars qualify for max). The Miami super team thing really bugs me and L.A. is constantly building them.