What's new

1280: Jazz offered Harris and #12 for Tony Parker and Richard Jefferson?

So yes, we could do this deal if we wanted to. I just think they're both too old for what this team needs at this point. I keep saying that this is exactly what we should avoid: Big contracts for players who aren't ideal. Both Parker and Jefferson are getting old (wear and tear that is) and we're rebuilding. We need to be careful and not rush the process.

We are the ones offering the deal. Why can't anyone see KOC is a joke. What did getting John Starks, Marc Jackson, or Brevin Knight at the end of there careers get us? If we have him to mentor Knight. Why don't we try to sign Webber to mentor favors? Or Shaq to mentor Fess? And we would be giving up two assets for one player that was good.

I really hope they don't do this. Parker isn't young anymore and this is not at all a way to rebuild this team the right way.

Ummm, misleading on the thread title. And get the Utah offer correct before saying KOC is an idot.

The Utah trade proposal is Harris and the #12 for Parker. NOT Richard Jefferson.

That might be a decent deal for the Jazz. Parker comes in and immediately becomes the vocal team leader the Jazz need.

San Antonio wanted to include the bad contract of Jefferson, which in turn would need additional contracts to be thrown in from Utah. Jazz naturally said "get lost."

Remember, the Spurs already declined. Adding Jefferson to the deal sounds like it's been the deal breaker for the counter-offer from the Spurs. I've seen this offered to other teams as well.

Although, what if the Jazz do this deal AND they do the trade with Atlanta for Josh Smith (Kanter goes to Atlanta) since Minny, if they keep their pick are committed to Williams (refer to Williams trade thread) then our lineup would be this:

Parker, Watson, Price
Hayward, CJ
Jefferson, Millsap
J.Smith, Favors, Millsap, Evans
A.Jefferson, Fes, Evans

Is that a winning combo or just way too much salary committed to a playoff team?

Ummm, misleading on the thread title. And get the Utah offer correct before saying KOC is an idot.

The Utah trade proposal is Harris and the #12 for Parker. NOT Richard Jefferson.

That might be a decent deal for the Jazz. Parker comes in and immediately becomes the vocal team leader the Jazz need.

San Antonio wanted to include the bad contract of Jefferson, which in turn would need additional contracts to be thrown in from Utah. Jazz naturally said "get lost."

Holy cow, dude. It's exactly what 1280 said before they went to break. That's what I reported. I found the report to what they were referring to. The guy had it mixed up.

However, that essentially is the deal on the table from the Spurs. Our offer was declined.

Right, but the Jazz REJECTED the counter BECAUSE the Spurs want to toss in Jefferson. Good gawd, we just got out from under the terrible contract of Boozer and now some think it would be great to toss in Jefferson and perhaps Smith?

The ideas are going from bad to worse.

No way will KOC or Miller ever take on even worse contracts than the one they have with Harris. It would be much better to just stick with the #3 and the #12.

Exactly. The report said it's unlikely anyone does that deal with the Spurs. That's just too much for two older players. I agree, we'll be fine with our original picks.

Harris + #12 for Parker actually isn't bad but it's still a bit much for a team supposedly in a rebuilding mode. But yes, 1280 was misleading in their initial report, Jefferson was only added as the Spurs counter offer. It's the same offer they've been throwing out for the last day or so. As we can see, nobody's that desperate.

We don't need a vocal player. Talking doesn't win Championships.

i would do that in a second, parker is 10 times better than harris , only problem is jefferson and his remaining $20 million contract

This would be a great, great trade if the jazz were likely to compete for a chip sometime in the next 3 years... but... not likely so it's better to stay young... Harris is probably just less than equal to TP at this point, and the lottery pick makes this lopsided.

You also have to fret the upcoming CBA... taking on 2 huge contracts could kill rebuild mode.

Harris is a 15-7 guy Parker is a 17-6 guy... that's the same amount of points if you think about it.

Last edited: