What's new

2 miracle game winners away from same 18 game record as last year

Sneakers

I am so so discouraged by the lack of progress. I just want to enjoy watching my team play basketball... I want to be able to watch a game where we're not down 20 by mid 2nd quarter... 3-15 last year, 5-13 last year. I am so despondent. sadnesssadnesssadness god and there's no relief in sight. years of my life.. 1 season is a year of my life. a wasted basketball year. im not getting younger

I am so so discouraged by the lack of progress. I just want to enjoy watching my team play basketball... I want to be able to watch a game where we're not down 20 by mid 2nd quarter... 3-15 last year, 5-13 last year. I am so despondent. sadnesssadnesssadness god and there's no relief in sight. years of my life.. 1 season is a year of my life. a wasted basketball year. im not getting younger

Don't die on us Sneakers! We'll just be tanking this year, and next year and maybe the year after that, plus the year after that year if we're not quite "champion calibre" yet, so just stick with it and 10 or so years from now the Jazz will make an attempt at getting into the playoffs.

****. How to even respond to this. If you don't see the progress, I'm not sure what to tell you. I will remind you that this team of ours, has new players, a new coach, old players in new roles and a system that has been re-vamped for the first time since 1988. If you can't find patience after the 1st month of the season, well, I would tell you to delete your account and move on. Please. You'll save yourself a lot of heartche.

****. How to even respond to this. If you don't see the progress, I'm not sure what to tell you. I will remind you that this team of ours, has new players, a new coach, old players in new roles and a system that has been re-vamped for the first time since 1988. If you can't find patience after the 1st month of the season, well, I would tell you to delete your account and move on. Please. You'll save yourself a lot of heartche.

how long is my patience supposed to last, serious question

kinda unfair to call a fan impatient after wanting a somewhat competitively improved team after the year we had last year. I was down with this 4-6 type record... but the wheels have fallen off so hard. team is down 20 in the 2nd every single freaking game now

kinda unfair to call a fan impatient after wanting a somewhat competitively improved team after the year we had last year. I was down with this 4-6 type record... but the wheels have fallen off so hard. team is down 20 in the 2nd every single freaking game now

And unlike people want to spin that, early deficits mean this: Your team met the other team while both were giving 100%. The other team got up by 20 and started coasting. Your team snuck back and caught the other team after they had written the game off. Then they got serious again and took the W.

In other words, these games are not close. The superior team is doing just enough to win.

And unlike people want to spin that, early deficits mean this: Your team met the other team while both were giving 100%. The other team got up by 20 and started coasting. Your team snuck back and caught the other team after they had written the game off. Then they got serious again and took the W.

In other words, these games are not close. The superior team is doing just enough to win.

these games are not close?

what?

We nearly beat the bulls

nearly beat the surging nuggets.

chill out.

There are different ways to look at. After 18 games we have been outscored by 101 points. After 18 games last year it was 174 points. So we were about 70% worse at this time last year based on that. And of course point differential is seen as a strong indicator of actual strength since wins/losses doesn't account for blow outs as compared to close losses.

There are different ways to look at. After 18 games we have been outscored by 101 points. After 18 games last year it was 174 points. So we were about 70% worse at this time last year based on that. And of course point differential is seen as a strong indicator of actual strength since wins/losses doesn't account for blow outs as compared to close losses.

well we'd have to adjust for our points scored / pace of play and all of that right for this to be accurate

these games are not close?

what?

We nearly beat the bulls

nearly beat the surging nuggets.

chill out.

Thanks for proving my point.

Straight chillin at this very moment.

Don't die on us Sneakers! We'll just be tanking this year, and next year and maybe the year after that, plus the year after that year if we're not quite "champion calibre" yet, so just stick with it and 10 or so years from now the Jazz will make an attempt at getting into the playoffs.

I'm not sure what you expect here. Utah is a bad team, and they would be a bad team regardless of whether or not they try to win a few extra games. Maybe you'd be happier if Utah drafted 10th last year instead of getting Exum. I wouldn't, but whatever. Truthfully, Utah is rebuilding whether they want to or not. There is no magic fix here, but crossing your fingers and hoping you trip over a star probably isn't too realistic.

Hey cheer up, they may be down by 20 in the second, but they were only down 2 at the end.

How long did it take Chicago to rebuild after Jordan left. How about Boston after Bird. Even the Lakers, who used to be able to get just about anyone have had down seasons. Despite what some say, we're just in the 2nd year of going with a youth movement. Unfortunately, the current starting 5 got very little time together last season. It takes PT to develop chemistry. So yes, last season was a total waste in that respect.

Also don't forget the Jazz took a huge risk on Exum as a project. He's not contributing much thus far. I though Utah would be better this year, but I overvalued the bench. I'm ok with a top-8 pick. Much rather go that route than bring in a bunch of mid-tier veterans just to win 40 games and get the 14th pick.

We lost a close game to a good team without our first or second best player.

Gonna take some time but there is definitely progress.

well we'd have to adjust for our points scored / pace of play and all of that right for this to be accurate

If you were looking at only defense or only offense. But since we're looking at point differential, pace doesn't matter. You may want to adjust for strength of schedule. At that point though we're just doing pretty much what Hollinger's power rankings do, so might as well take a look at those. Not sure how to find out where Utah was after 18 games last year in those rankings though.

You could just as easily say we could be a respectable 7-11 if we could've just made any points in the final 3 minutes at Atlanta and if Trey doesn't throw that unnecessary no look behind the back pass to Kanter against CHI. Also saying we made 2 "miracle" game winners needs a little more context. We had both of those games won and if Lebron and Melo don't make miracle game tying shots/plays we win those without our game winners.