What's new

2011 draft.....

So Kanter/Fredette would make sense (or Williams/Fredette). Leaves Utah thin at SF, but that could be addressed by resigning AK or using the MLE.

I'd be happy with this.
As far as the Jazz' future SF I'm pretty convinced that he'll be in the 2012 draft. So let CJ and Hayward and whoever else just keep the spot warm for them this year.

If the Jazz do end up drafting Williams this year he can be the future SF, but I'd still be eyeing another one in 2012.

assets, baby.

Michael Gilchrist in 2012

Seriously. The GS pick might just do it. Or if the Jazz miss the playoffs they can package the two to move up. Or maybe if they have a glut of PFs they can trade one for a package that includes someone else's 2012 pick.

Here's the thing in 2012 ...

I'm not so sure the #1 - 3 is much better next year than this year. Barnes could be a GREAT get, but overall, I see no real superstars. Having said that, the entire lottery next year is very little behind the #'s 1 - 3. I mean, Rivers is currently projected at 10 (DX) and he'd be taken in the first 3 or 4 this year, easily. Point is, we may be better off with two picks in 2012 rather than a package to move up .. a looooong time until then though.

Givony reporting Valenciunas higher than Kanter on Minny, Toronto, and possibly Detroit's draft board: https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArzteLRJnTSRWNAk89H7Gqe8vLYF?slug=ycn-8514315

Guess they weren't convinced by Locke's evaluation after watching one game a year and half ago.

I think he goes to Cleveland #4. Kanter will probably play more as a rookie because he is wider in the mid section and uses that to create space to rebound and score in traffic. Big JV has more upside because he is longer, taller and has continued to grow and develop his game. GM's will project him to have a better career than Kanter.

I think Big JV is higher on the Jazz board. KOC likes to talk about 2-3 years out, and thats when JV would be projected to be superior to Kanter.

I'm on the Gilchrist bandwagon for next year as well. He impressed me more than anyone else in the summit. It'll be interesting to see how he develops this year in college.

I just don't see Noah when I watch Valanciunus. Noah looks very fluid for his size, with a lot of intensity. Valanciunus, despite being referred to as having a high motor, looks very awkward athletically, and seems to have a very high center gravity.

Givony reporting Valenciunas higher than Kanter on Minny, Toronto, and possibly Detroit's draft board: https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArzteLRJnTSRWNAk89H7Gqe8vLYF?slug=ycn-8514315

Guess they weren't convinced by Locke's evaluation after watching one game a year and half ago.

Givony has had Valenciunas between #2 and 4 for the last year, and that includes with Barnes, Sully, and Jones in the mix. He is incredibly high on him. He has never once had Kanter ahead of him. Pretty bold call.

I just don't see Noah when I watch Valanciunus. Noah looks very fluid for his size, with a lot of intensity. Valanciunus, despite being referred to as having a high motor, looks very awkward athletically, and seems to have a very high center gravity.

No argument there, Noah moves terrifically on the court. At the same time he also has a very small frame - especially in the upper body. Noah is listed at 230 now and probably won't be able to gain any more. Jonas is already 240 and has a wider frame. He would quickly fill out to 250-260.

I'm convinced that DraftExpress is being paid large amounts of money by Valanciunas' people to have him that high. The guy is awful. Even in his highlights I cannot see anything that will translate well to the NBA. He may get rebounds, but from the game I watched (yes an entire game) almost every rebound he got he didn't earn.

I'm convinced that DraftExpress is being paid large amounts of money by Valanciunas' people to have him that high. The guy is awful. Even in his highlights I cannot see anything that will translate well to the NBA. He may get rebounds, but from the game I watched (yes an entire game) almost every rebound he got he didn't earn.

He averaged 7.3 rebounds in 20 minutes over 33 games in Lithuanian league.
He averaged 5.8 rebounds in 15 minutes over 15 games in the tougher Euro league.

That is a 48 game sample size - its safe to say he will be an elite rebounder.

JV has totally had me flummoxed since I respect Givony. But I feel like I've gone back for 9th, 10th, ...16th looks and I feel like I'm going crosseyed trying to see the player he sees. My response to JV has more closely resembled Locke's - and Locke is someone whose opinion I don't respect nearly as well as Givony's. So yeah, I'm flummoxed.

The highlights I saw of JV made me think he is a major stiff and has length and height going for him. As others have said, he looks very awkward on the court. He also looks really skinny and will get bullied.

The highlights I saw of JV made me think he is a major stiff and has length and height going for him. As others have said, he looks very awkward on the court. He also looks really skinny and will get bullied.

He what,just turned 19 years old? He already weighs about 240 lbs, which isnt terrible for someone who is 6'11. Noah was 7' tall and weighed 233 pounds coming out of Florida.

JV has totally had me flummoxed since I respect Givony. But I feel like I've gone back for 9th, 10th, ...16th looks and I feel like I'm going crosseyed trying to see the player he sees. My response to JV has more closely resembled Locke's - and Locke is someone whose opinion I don't respect nearly as well as Givony's. So yeah, I'm flummoxed.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I will admit that when I first started researching him that I was fully on board given his age, measurements, and numbers, but when I started watching him I was really surprised at how underwhelmed I was. So I watched more and more of him and I just never saw anything that would excite me to get him, even at 12. He may pan out, but I just don't see it.

Still waiting for some actual evidence why JV will not succeed. So far we have "awkward", "skinny", and "stiff". Most 18 year olds that have not filled out tend to look that way.