What's new

2011 draft.....

Yeah, I loved it. Probably my favorite interview. Hearing a player acknowledge their current perceived weaknesses and those of their past mean a lot to me.

Yeah, it is ridiculous how many of these college players won't admit they where bad defenders.

Just browsing the Cavs message board, it seems the fans there think that Irving is a clear favorite for the #1 pick, that Byron Scott likes a floor-general PG and was at NO when they drafted Chris Paul.

Cavs fans are also high on Kanter and Valanciunas, seeing them both being about equal as prospects for #4.

How many had us taking Hayward? 0% of the big ones I believe. They are good to research players on, but KOC has scouts watching these guys that tell him infinitely more information than Givony or Ford has access to.

Because we were picking at No.9 and so much can change before getting to that point. In 2005, we basically knew we were going to select either Chris Paul or Deron, no?

It's not a big deal. Oh wow he smoked pot, like any of us on this forum (especially who attended college) haven't done so. I'm sure once he is a professional he will stop smoking at least until the offseason. Wasn't there a anonymous poll of NBA athletes where about half of the most of them admitted to doing it in the offseason?

It's actually pretty funny/sad that pot is still illegal.

Did anyone catch Jordan Hamilton's interview up now at DX? I thought he was impressive in his interview. But I think there are more interesting SF prospects in 2012.

hey, thanks for the tip. That was definitely a good interview. I'm gonna throw him back into the mix of players that I'd be content with at #12. I'm finding myself hoping for a 2-3 playmaker at that spot... a Burks, Hamilton, Leondard, KThompson, (unless Biyombo falls to that spot, which is unlikely). I'd even stick with this desire if we drafted Williams at #3, since our wing play was so bloody pathetic last year. It'd be fun to see Ty instill a defensive philosophy and watch the young wings fight for minutes.

Point Guards

Darius Morris intrigues me. He's been compared to Andre Miller. And he's 6' 5" - that's nice.

Also, I love Nolan Smith.

Darius Morris intrigues me. He's been compared to Andre Miller. And he's 6' 5" - that's nice.

Also, I love Nolan Smith.

I think a better, more realistic projection would be Antonio Daniels. And I love(d) Antonio Daniels, even if he wasn't the sexiest player out there.

I really like Nolan Smith, too. I think the Jazz could find a way to draft two good PGs in this draft without using their first pick in any way.

Also, DX just updated their mock, post-combine. Kanter moved up to 6th, Biyombo falls to 10th to the Bucks. And I don't think that makes much sense since they have Bogut, Sanders, and one the league's best defenses already and slow crap at the wings. I think they take Burks.

I am starting to get concerned that Irving will not recover his early season form for several seasons. His 10% plus body fat and refusal to do athletic testing are signs that he hasn't fully recovered. I still think in the long term he can be a very good NBA player. But there may be a good chance we will be picking between Irving and Knight. As the Cavs will probably be looking at a Derrick Williams as an immediate impact player and Wolves need another point like they need cancer.

I am starting to get concerned that Irving will not recover his early season form for several seasons. His 10% plus body fat and refusal to do athletic testing are signs that he hasn't fully recovered. I still think in the long term he can be a very good NBA player. But there may be a good chance we will be picking between Irving and Knight. As the Cavs will probably be looking at a Derrick Williams as an immediate impact player and Wolves need another point like they need cancer.

I think Irving is a lock to go #1. And if he doesn't, largely because of his toe, and he could be available when the Jazz pick, then you thank that ****ing toe. That is a risk worth taking at #3 (getting the consensus #1 pick in what is largely considered a 2-man draft?), especially since there will be even more time for that injury to heal than usual with the lockout being inevitable.

Did anyone catch Jordan Hamilton's interview up now at DX? I thought he was impressive in his interview. But I think there are more interesting SF prospects in 2012.

I liked the interview overall, but what was up with him talking about his hips so much? He also mentioned in 5 years he just hopes he's not injured - huh?

Just browsing the Cavs message board, it seems the fans there think that Irving is a clear favorite for the #1 pick, that Byron Scott likes a floor-general PG and was at NO when they drafted Chris Paul.

Yes he was and how did that end for Coach Scott?

Cavs fans are also high on Kanter and Valanciunas, seeing them both being about equal as prospects for #4.

I expect they take Valanciunas. They loved Ilgaskus for many years, Valanciunas falls right into that spot. He plays center and allows team to keep JJ Hickson at the 4. Kanter wants to play 4.

Also, I watched the Jimmy Butler DX interview.That kid is a class act.

Yup. If I had to put money on the next impact-player from the 2nd round, it would be him. You package that brain with what he can do (a lot of everything), and you're going to get a good player, IMO.

Yes he was and how did that end for Coach Scott?

I expect they take Valanciunas. They loved Ilgaskus for many years, Valanciunas falls right into that spot. He plays center and allows team to keep JJ Hickson at the 4. Kanter wants to play 4.

Jonas V I believe played his last game in Europe so he should be able to start working out for teams. Had 11pts 10 reb in 26 min. 5/5 from the free throw line. According to DX he has no buyout for 3 years, but his team needs moolah so it looks like they will agree to a buyout.

Jonas V I believe played his last game in Europe so he should be able to start working out for teams. Had 11pts 10 reb in 26 min. 5/5 from the free throw line. According to DX he has no buyout for 3 years, but his team needs moolah so it looks like they will agree to a buyout.

Anxious to see his measurements, most importantly standing reach the most important stat for a center.

Kanter came in at a slightly undersized 9'1.5
Biyombo very respectable 9'3
The way Jonas grabs rebounds on his tip toes suggests he could be 9'5 +

Anxious to see his measurements, most importantly standing reach the most important stat for a center.

Kanter came in at a slightly undersized 9'1.5
Biyombo very respectable 9'3
The way Jonas grabs rebounds on his tip toes suggests he could be 9'5 +

I think he is rumored to have a 9'6 wingspan.