What's new

2011 draft.....

no, he says he could be a top ten player. i also see him between the 8 and 14 spot. i think what he wants to say is that we have to consider him with the 12th pick if he is available.
That's fair enough. Leonard has been in the late lottery in many mocks for the last few months. With good workouts, or a team that really likes him, he could move up the board and sneak into the top-10 just like Hayward did. If the Jazz go big or draft Knight, a SF should be a consideration at #12.

Guys I like at 3- Kanter, Williams or Irving.
Guys I like at 12 - Thompson, Jimmer, Hamilton, and Singleton

Other guys (not good enough to pick at 3 but won't be there at 12)- Biyombo, Leonard, Kemba Walker, Knight.

Only three players are worthy of the top three picks so I will be happy with any one of them. I would be extremely happy if the Jazz got Kanter at three and Singleton or Jimmer at 12.

For all the bashing of Ford even according to Givony at DX he had the most accurate mock draft last year. So yes he got a little crazy over one good workout, but Ford is right on a lot things.

That means less when you're the most connected draft analyst there is.

Guys I like at 3- Kanter, Williams or Irving.
Guys I like at 12 - Thompson, Jimmer, Hamilton, and Singleton

Other guys (not good enough to pick at 3 but won't be there at 12)- Biyombo, Leonard, Kemba Walker, Knight.

Only three players are worthy of the top three picks so I will be happy with any one of them. I would be extremely happy if the Jazz got Kanter at three and Singleton or Jimmer at 12.

Somebody gets it.

question: havent been following it closely, do any of the euros predicted to go early in the draft have contract issues that could keep them over there? [a la rubio]
Jonas Valanciunas from Lithuania:

Rytas has taken a major step forward in resolving the buyout issue in recent days by hiring a European lawyer with significant experience in NBA buyout negotiations. According to sources with knowledge of the situation, Rytas will attempt to structure the buyout on a sliding scale depending on where he gets picked, and are willing to be flexible with Valanciunas on when he can leave the team in case of an NBA lockout, even giving him the opportunity to stay with the team until he signs his rookie contract.

If his buyout situation will be resolved in a timely fashion, look for Valanciunas to be drafted somewhere between Nos. 3 and 8 overall. He's ahead of Enes Kanter on both Cleveland and Toronto's boards according to reports and has huge fans in Detroit's front office as well.

Valanciunas has three more years on his contract after this current season, with no buyout option. His American agent Leon Rose of CAA has been negotiating with the team for the better part of the year Most of the dispute revolves around when the buyout will be paid. The team, which is in serious financial trouble, wants the money now, not when he joins the NBA. It's asking for a percentage of Valanciunas' rookie contract. An agreement could have already been reached some time ago but the team has sent mixed messages.

Most expect a deal to be struck no more than a week before the draft. Valanciunas falling in the draft will only hurt Rytas' cause as not only will it lose significant respect from fans and constituents in basketball-crazy Lithuania, but it'll also hurt its chances of landing the next great young local prospect with NBA aspirations. Furthermore, being drafted lower results in a smaller contract.

via Yahoo! Sports

Jonas V. did not impress when I first watched. He looked awkward. I've watched more and have really grown to like him. He still shows flashes of Kosta Kofus, and he can't explode. But he's going to be a player...he rebounds and shoots fg & ft at a high percentage. He seems to be still growing into his body.

I could cheer for this guy, but he won't land in jazzville. Too high at the 3 and he'll be gone at 12.

FWIW this is from Sam Amick. Dangerous to move down more than one spot because Cleveland would likely take Kanter.

"It should surprise no one that Minnesota is entertaining offers for this pick. Williams is considered by most teams (including Minnesota) to be the best player available after Irving, but it's hardly a fantastic fit. Michael Beasley has a similar skill set, and forward Kevin Love and swingman Wesley Johnson don't appear to be going anywhere. One source says the Wolves have considered moving down a spot or two to take Enes Kanter while getting additional assets in a trade".

FWIW this is from Sam Amick. Dangerous to move down more than one spot because Cleveland would likely take Kanter.

"It should surprise no one that Minnesota is entertaining offers for this pick. Williams is considered by most teams (including Minnesota) to be the best player available after Irving, but it's hardly a fantastic fit. Michael Beasley has a similar skill set, and forward Kevin Love and swingman Wesley Johnson don't appear to be going anywhere. One source says the Wolves have considered moving down a spot or two to take Enes Kanter while getting additional assets in a trade".

Next year's GS pick, and Bell for Dwill3 anyone?

Kanter probably won't make it past Cleveland at #4, so Minny won't have alot of options. So if I'm KOC I just sit on my #3 pick & the GS pick and watch to see if Minny doesn't just take Kanter with the 2nd pick.

No reason for the Jazz to pay Minny to get them out of thier predicament.

If I was KOC, I might even have the rumours spread that Kanter is my guy and how he would fit with my team. Make Kahn squirm for a while.

Kanter probably won't make it past Cleveland at #4, so Minny won't have alot of options. So if I'm KOC I just sit on my #3 pick & the GS pick and watch to see if Minny doesn't just take Kanter with the 2nd pick.

No reason for the Jazz to pay Minny to get them out of thier predicament.

If I was KOC, I might even have the rumours spread that Kanter is my guy and how he would fit with my team. Make Kahn squirm for a while.

I'm all for making Kahn squirm, but I don't think we can assume he will sit on the 2nd pick. They might look elsewhere for a trade partner. If we really want Williams, I think we have to try and make a deal.

I see two good possibilities that are fair in my eyes:

Tomic Rights + 3rd pick for the 2nd pick

Raja Bell + 3rd pick for the 2nd pick.

The second one might make Minny bite, seeing as they get the veteran they have publically announced to have been looking for, and get Kanter. If Raja isnt enough package Tomic with Bell and call it a day.

Hell no to giving up the GS. Pick! If Min. Is serious about D. Williams not fitting in then, and wanting Kanter we need to mak min. think we want Kanter.

Make them think the only way to get Kanter is to draft him themselves at #2.