What's new

2011 draft.....

Kanter looks like a plodder. Wish he could have played at Kentucky this year so we would have something to go on stats wise.

If they get a top 3 pick, or somehow manage to get Kyrie "imagine if CP3 and Jason 'not white chocolate' Williams mated" Irving, then the Jazz will come out smelling like roses from this one.

Kanter isn't a plodder by any means whatsoever. He is going to be a stud... Assuming we fall out of the playoff race and into the lotto we'll have two picks...

Terrance Jones is my favorite prospect in the draft. Would absolutely love him. I also like Donatas Motiejunas, Harrison Barnes and Josh Selby. Outside of those guys there aren't many in this draft class that fit what we'll need.

If they get a top 3 pick, or somehow manage to get Kyrie "imagine if CP3 and Jason 'not white chocolate' Williams mated" Irving, then the Jazz will come out smelling like roses from this one.

I like Kyrie a lot, but is he supposed to rehab from his injury back to what he was? Is it a career-nagging injury? I just don't know enough about it. Plus if he comes out, which is no guaratnee, we will be drafting someone who hasn't played in a year and his last time playing competitively was in high school. Big risk imo. We'll see though

I like Kyrie a lot, but is he supposed to rehab from his injury back to what he was? Is it a career-nagging injury? I just don't know enough about it. Plus if he comes out, which is no guaratnee, we will be drafting someone who hasn't played in a year and his last time playing competitively was in high school. Big risk imo. We'll see though

No, it is his toe. He will be fine. Reminded me a lot of Paul. He tore it up before the injury. Slight chance he could be back for the tournament. Wonder if H Barnes could still be the guy. Would solve a lot of our wing issues. Miles, Hayward, and Barnes for the future not to bad.

Obviously I would expect the Jazz to do their due diligence and make sure the toe injury is not one that will recur throughout his career, but he did play for Duke at the start of the season, and he was playing like the National POY when he did play, so we know that he could at least play at a high level in college. And I'm not very concerned about him sitting out so long before he plays his first NBA game as Blake Griffin did the same thing and he's panned out quite well.

If the Jazz can land Irving and dump Al for a legit wing player, it could be very fun watching Kyrie, Millsap and Favors run the floor.

Get used to it guys. The most juicy Jazz mid-season discussions are about lottery prospects.

If the Jazz draft Jimmer any lower than 55 then I'll fill up on infractions in 12 seconds and join a Spurs board. My team doesn't draft Jimmers. We get Borchardts instead.

Kanter isn't a plodder by any means whatsoever. He is going to be a stud... Assuming we fall out of the playoff race and into the lotto we'll have two picks...

You're right. He looked a lot better in the longer clip I just watched. He is actually very intriguing. Still would like some college stats to look at though, but maybe he slips to us just for that exact reason.

Well, we went to second round last year with Deron. Let's see when this happens again.
Jazz were on track to miss the playoffs this year, without much hope of adding pieces to improve next year.