What's new

2011 draft.....

I too hope they all come out this year. I mean, if you're going to be a top 10 pick in a weak draft - why wait to come out in a draft that's stronger? Go now. Somebody get this message to the kids.

Irving is pretty much a consensus #1, which I'm fine with - he's great but I don't want to burn the pick on an elite PG. Give me a Rondo further down or maybe wait for next year with the GS pick.
And I hope some GM grabs Perry J. and Sullinger before the Jazz so that one of Dwill2, Barnes, or Kanter fall to the Jazz.

As far as the second pick I'm less sure. I'm watching Burks play on Tuesday for the first time. Dunno. I don't think the Jazz are desperate for a PG but there are some good ones to choose from.
Knight is clutch and young so high upside.
Fredette has amazing range and, aside from last game, is also clutch. Hopefully he would spend a summer with Stockton to learn a completely different offense than what he's run the last 4 years.
Kemba is a stud. But he's ever so short out there. He looks 5'10". I'm rooting for him to win it all so someone else take him before the Jazz. But who knows - he may be Wade-esque. But he is shorter - significantly. Can't wait for combine.

Vesely, Kawhi - I'm pretty tepid on these two. That may change.
Morris twins - I'm having a hard time getting over my hate for NBA twins.

If Derrick Williams completely forgets how to shoot, he's still going to be at least as good as Shawn Marion. No real complete-bust potential.

i agree with everythng except fredeette, he seems like a good bench player,but i dont believe he will even be better than j j reddick

If Derrick Williams completely forgets how to shoot, he's still going to be at least as good as Shawn Marion. No real complete-bust potential.

I like Derrick Williams a lot. I think he will go #1 overall and play PF in the NBA.

Terrence Jones is looking more and more like winner as a player to me. He has NBA size, moves and athletic ability. Most importantly he wants to win so badly. Of course he will be another SF/PF. But he may be the BPA.

Burks sounds interesting. I haven't seen him play much but he played a lot of PF on defense in the games I saw.

If the Jazz don't get a top three pick to get either Derrick Williams, Kyrie Irving, or Harrison Barnes, I would like to see them draft a point guard with the #6 pick, preferably Kemba Walker, he scores a lot and is clutch, gets a lot of assists, and HE PLAYS DEFENSE. Also he has led an unranked team from the beginning of the year to the final four.

To be honest, I think that Brandon Knight is the versatile, athletic young Jason Terry-like combo guard that the Jazz really need. I think he may be a better fit for the Jazz than Barnes. Definitely should be in the mix even at six. I think he's going to be a good pro.

Other than Sullinger, any other players saying they will return to school? Any websites out there that track this?

I think Sulinger will go back to school, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Irving, Barnes, Terrance Jones, and Burks all stay in school. What would this year's draft look like if that happened?

Other than Sullinger, any other players saying they will return to school? Any websites out there that track this?

I read a story on Hoopshype stating that Harrison Barnes would most likely return if NC didn't win a championship. I don't have a link but there is a possiblity that he would stay especially with the lockout being a certainty.

I think Sulinger will go back to school, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Irving, Barnes, Terrance Jones, and Burks all stay in school. What would this year's draft look like if that happened?

I have read quotes that Barnes is considering staying in school. I also remember hearing quotes like this all the time. I would give Sullinger two weeks to think about guaranteed millions and ask him again. Often players change their minds or their families change their minds for them.

Lets not go into the panic mold just yet. He was making that decision in a very emotional state. It could change.

No he wasn't. He has been telling his coach all year he was coming back. I know that it doesn't mean he will change his mind but it wasn't an emotional decision. I know its too early to panic because we don't no where the Jazz are going to pick neither do we know who is staying in school or going into the draft. However, it should not be too big of a surprise if more players stay because of the potential of a lockout.

No he wasn't. He has been telling his coach all year he was coming back. I know that it doesn't mean he will change his mind but it wasn't an emotional decision. I know its too early to panic because we don't no where the Jazz are going to pick neither do we know who is staying in school or going into the draft. However, it should not be too big of a surprise if more players stay because of the potential of a lockout.

My thoughts exactly. Kids might decide to stay in school for another year until the lockout is officially resolved. We'll see what happens.

Ok, let's stop it with the worst case scenario speculation until there is absolute certainty. As of now every kid slated to be top 10 will enter the draft this year. Even if right now they say they're going back to school - that isn't certain until the zero hour.

I read a story on Hoopshype stating that Harrison Barnes would most likely return if NC didn't win a championship. I don't have a link but there is a possiblity that he would stay especially with the lockout being a certainty.

Barnes would be crazy to go back to school. He's a late lottery pick in a normal year. And he's just not that great a prospect. But this year he'll go 3-8. No brainer.