What's new

2014 NFL Survivor League

Nate505

Modstapo Lite
Staff member
I think this is now the 4th year in a row I've done this.

Anyone is free to join. Rules are simple....pick any NFL team you think is going to win that week. If you're right, you advance to the next week and cannot pick that team again. Just keep going until everyone is out. The prize is a free infractionless post for anyone who wins...wait, I can't really do that. So it's just free reps from me, and hopefully everyone else who plays.

Core4 was the winner last year and is a two time winner I believe. I haven't won it at all even though this is my thing. Damnit. Usually it's the Browns who screw me one way or the other (usually betting against them the 1 in 4 times they get a win).

Anyways, here's a link.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival

Group ID#: 17176
Group Password: favors

I'll leave this stickied until the season starts.

I'm in, as always. This time I know the NFL much better and I'm ambitious.

So we got 11 players. Not bad. Perhaps it'll get in the 20ish range by Thursday, though anything over 10 feels like at least a competition.

I'm going with the ultra safe Philadelphia pick for week 1.

So we got 11 players. Not bad. Perhaps it'll get in the 20ish range by Thursday, though anything over 10 feels like at least a competition.

I'm going with the ultra safe Philadelphia pick for week 1.

Yep. Hard to pass on Philly in week 1.

Lame that it doesn't let you make picks for future weeks in advance. I'll probly forget at some point.

Nate505 said:
Core4 was the winner last year and is a two time winner I believe. I haven't won it at all even though this is my thing. Damnit. Usually it's the Browns who screw me one way or the other (usually betting against them the 1 in 4 times they get a win).
Yep, I've won it twice. I'm in, but I'll be putting in less effort this time.

I'm in, as always. This time I know the NFL much better and I'm ambitious.
I've found it sometimes works just as well if you don't know what the **** you're doing.

Last edited:
Less effort? Is that possible? The reason I participate in these survivor leagues is that they require no effort whatsoever.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Well, I know it's early but so far calling the Philly pick "ultra safe" is looking very bad now. Potentially about 75% of the league can be knocked out with this one game.

Well, I know it's early but so far calling the Philly pick "ultra safe" is looking very bad now. Potentially about 75% of the league can be knocked out with this one game.

Similar to how I won the 1st time, IIRC. I picked a different game than most (and barely survived) and there was a huge upset that took out half of everyone.

When you pick good teams against bad teams, especially when the good team is at home, you're usually pretty safe. Sure enough, in that one, J'vile showed why they are Jacksonville (why the hell isn't Bortles starting?) and Philly showed why they can be dangerous. In the end, it wasn't even close.

4 people didn't make picks this week. I'm also out because of freaking Cleveland. Can that place do nothing right?