What's new

2015 NBA Free Agency

How do you prove there was ever a verbal agreement?

Typically you have witnesses to your verbal agreement that would testify. If there was only 2 people there then its a he said she said and probably too hard to agree to. This specific case was very well documented that he verbally committed. He said he did and tweeted about it and told lots of people. If this was a business deal this would be very easy to prove and sue over.

Typically you have witnesses to your verbal agreement that would testify. If there was only 2 people there then its a he said she said and probably too hard to agree to. This specific case was very well documented that he verbally committed. He said he did and tweeted about it and told lots of people. If this was a business deal this would be very easy to prove and sue over.

Yeah but in the contact of the NBA and the CBA you can only sign a free agent after a certain date right? So this to me is an open and shut case and Cuban knows it.

He's one of the most astute businessman in the world, the fact that he has put this behind him and moved on meant there is no other ways around it.

Yeah but in the contact of the NBA and the CBA you can only sign a free agent after a certain date right? So this to me is an open and shut case and Cuban knows it.

He's one of the most astute businessman in the world, the fact that he has put this behind him and moved on meant there is no other ways around it.

That is the big if that I included in the last sentence and the first post about it. This is a deal in the NBA. I was talking about business deals outside of NBA contracts.

That is the big if that I included in the last sentence and the first post about it. This is a deal in the NBA. I was talking about business deals outside of NBA contracts.

Even outside of the NBA, until it's written down and signed, it didn't happen.

For example, you and I come to a verbal agreement. 5 people see it. I break it. You sue me. I stand up and say that you misunderstood. Case dismissed. It's not that simple, but it's pretty close to that. Until the pen touched the paper, there is no deal.

Even outside of the NBA, until it's written down and signed, it didn't happen.

For example, you and I come to a verbal agreement. 5 people see it. I break it. You sue me. I stand up and say that you misunderstood. Case dismissed. It's not that simple, but it's pretty close to that. Until the pen touched the paper, there is no deal.

Having been involved in multiple cases of verbal agreements with business deals Ill disagree with that. But does not really matter.

Denver signs Jameer Nelson to 3 year deal.

With Mudiay playing very well in summer league, and Nelson signed for three years, does Lawson have a place in Denver anymore?

If not, where does he land?

Never mind.

Ty Lawson was arrested last night in Los Angeles for DUI. It is his second DUI arrest in 6 months. Adam Silver will be forced to take action, Lawson could be suspended for a good portion of the season.

Thankfully Lawson didn't kill anyone while driving impaired, but he sure killed his trade value.

Never mind.

Ty Lawson was arrested last night in Los Angeles for DUI. It is his second DUI arrest in 6 months. Adam Silver will be forced to take action, Lawson could be suspended for a good portion of the season.

Thankfully Lawson didn't kill anyone while driving impaired, but he sure killed his trade value.

Damn, the first DUi is always forgivable, people make mistakes. To make the same mistake a 2nd time in less than 6 months though shows he has a serious problem or 0 remorse.

@NBAFLASHNEWS
Former 2007 No. 1 pick Greg Oden has signed with the Jiangsu Dragons of the Chinese Basketball Association, the team announced.

@WojYahooNBA
Metta World Peace will sign a one-year deal today to return to the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

@ESPNSteinLine 6h6 hours ago
ESPN sources say former NBA Sixth Man of the Year Ben Gordon close to securing training camp invite from the champion Golden State Warriors

Hot off the press. Tristan Thompson (3yrs/53mil) will make more than the Jazz highest paid player over the next 3 seasons.

Broussard, and his infamous sources, broke the news.

Hot off the press. Report refuting Broussard's report.

https://twitter.com/JasonLloydABJ/status/647173903853453312

Sauces Broussard strikes again??

XvwDvJw.jpg

Back again from the you can't make this **** up dept. @Chris_Broussard
Sources: Tristan Thompson is WILLING to sign a 3-year, $53 million deal with the Cavs. Cavs have not yet agreed to the deal.
6:47 PM - 24 Sep 2015

I was weary when I first heard Broussard broke the story... At this point, he's basically the hamburglar of basketball reporters. could he be any less credible??

Back again from the you can't make this **** up dept. @Chris_Broussard
Sources: Tristan Thompson is WILLING to sign a 3-year, $53 million deal with the Cavs. Cavs have not yet agreed to the deal.
6:47 PM - 24 Sep 2015

I was weary when I first heard Broussard broke the story... At this point, he's basically the hamburglar of basketball reporters. could he be any less credible??
I would also be willing to sign a 3-year, $53 million deal with the Cavs. I'm not yet clear on their position, though. I guess I should probably alert Broussard about this.

Hot off the press. Tristan Thompson (3yrs/53mil) will make more than the Jazz highest paid player over the next 3 seasons.

Broussard, and his infamous sources, broke the news.
Lololol.
Tristan rich mans reggie Evans.
Lolololol at the cavs paying him that