What's new

2016 NBA Playoff Thread

So does Lowry get back to his form from this season or choke away the playoffs?

speaking of that same category of player...

Watching the Portland games this playoffs and Lillard is not looking good so far either. Just looked at his stats and he is chucking these 2 series. Putting up 20 shots a game at a blistering 36%. Good thing CP3 went down or those stats would be much more ugly and he would be out of the playoffs.

So does Lowry get back to his form from this season or choke away the playoffs?

speaking of that same category of player...

Watching the Portland games this playoffs and Lillard is not looking good so far either. Just looked at his stats and he is chucking these 2 series. Putting up 20 shots a game at a blistering 36%. Good thing CP3 went down or those stats would be much more ugly and he would be out of the playoffs.

yep never been as high on Lillard as what a lot of people are.

I would be excited to have him but not if it cost Hayward. I think its 6s between them.

I think it's more like 7-5.

I like Gordon but swap Hayward for Lillard and we are a 4 seed in the west this year. Blazers don't even sniff the playoffs. They likely finish below the Kings.

I like Gordon but swap Hayward for Lillard and we are a 4 seed in the west this year. Blazers don't even sniff the playoffs. They likely finish below the Kings.

Seems like a few people feel that way and I am fine with that. I, however, think we are in the same boat with him. I also think the Blazers would be better with Hayward. CJ fills in at PG for them very well and Hayward is a big upgrade at wing and their defense is greatly improved. Hayward shot a better percentage for the season and was a more efficient at scoring. I think Hayward is a much better defender and a better passer. Lillard is a better shooter. Hayward also put up better clutch time stats than Lillard. But I do like Lillard, I wish he played on defense with the intensity he did offensively is the only knock on him from me.

Seems like a few people feel that way and I am fine with that. I, however, think we are in the same boat with him. I also think the Blazers would be better with Hayward. CJ fills in at PG for them very well and Hayward is a big upgrade at wing and their defense is greatly improved. Hayward shot a better percentage for the season and was a more efficient at scoring. I think Hayward is a much better defender and a better passer. Lillard is a better shooter. Hayward also put up better clutch time stats than Lillard. But I do like Lillard, I wish he played on defense with the intensity he did offensively is the only knock on him from me.

Well said - did anyone just watch the GS/Portland game - jeez lillard struggled in the clutch big time - lillard would get eaten alive on this forum if he played for the jazz based on his clutch play. But when he is on, he is good, but so is Hayward.

Yep. Biggest difference between the two is that lillard bends the defense. The defense focuses much more on trying to stop lillard than they do trying to stop Hayward.
When hayward has a great scoring game (25-30 points) he is making very tough shots all game with defenders all over him... It never looks easy.
When lillard has a great scoring game (35-45 points) he is blowing past guys and exploding to rim and using his speed and outside shooting to drill open looks... It looks easy for him. He stands out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

772c4ef00fa8c00ba40c33a3bf6ae51a.jpg

So according to the nba, apparently if they would have called the foul against waiters for pushing ginobli on the inbounds then the play would have resulted with the spurs getting the ball down by one point still.

The spurs ended up with the ball anyway with plenty of time and a timeout to use (which they chose not to use) and they got an open look.

Sounds like it ended up not being a huge deal.

I did read that if they would have called ginobli for crossing the line that it would have resulted in a technical though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I just heard that Lowry is having a historically inefficient post season. I think what they said on SC is that he's shooting the lowest % for any player in the last 50 years to shoot at least 100 shots in the playoffs.

I just heard that Lowry is having a historically inefficient post season. I think what they said on SC is that he's shooting the lowest % for any player in the last 50 years to shoot at least 100 shots in the playoffs.

Almost time to start CoJo.

The 4th quarter of game 7 was the worst I've ever seen a playoff team look. They are goddamn lucky to have escaped with the win. Ugly.

Supposedly his shooting elbow is injured.

Bazemore is getting pushed around like a rag doll. People think he can guard big SFs?

Yep. Biggest difference between the two is that lillard bends the defense. The defense focuses much more on trying to stop lillard than they do trying to stop Hayward.
When hayward has a great scoring game (25-30 points) he is making very tough shots all game with defenders all over him... It never looks easy.
When lillard has a great scoring game (35-45 points) he is blowing past guys and exploding to rim and using his speed and outside shooting to drill open looks... It looks easy for him. He stands out.

Your the second person here to post this thought. I am curious more about what others are seeing that I am missing. Like I said before I have not watched more than 20 games of Lillard this season and the playoffs so maybe what I am about to say has changed and/or I am watching the wrong games. But defenses seem to play Lillard straight up. I almost never see defenses trying to force the ball out his hands. Double teams come for Lillard but it seems rare. Hayward on the other hand is often the sole focus of defenses. Hayward is the only player that opposing teams seem to focus in on on our team, unless a player is really hot. They force the ball out of his hands with double or triple teams. They play deny defense when he is off the ball and they try to be as physical as possible with him and with all that he is a better all around scorer and more efficient scorer than Lillard. Then there is the defense side of things where Lillard isnt quite Harden level but he might be the worst starting PG on the defensive side. I think Burke might be a better defender. As I typed that I looked up a couple stats and he ranks pretty much the same as Burke on defense.

I personally think Lillard along with a number of other players of his caliber that Jazz fans swoon for are a grass is greener situation. Lillard is a borderline all-star PG just like Hayward is a borderline all-star SF/SG. I am also curious which position Hayward would choose to play if it was up to him.

But I wish Hayward could shoot like Lillard and as confidently as Lillard does from 3 pt land. Other than the shooting I dont see Lillard being better at anything over Hayward.