What's new

2018-2019 NBA Season

Is it possible Kawhi Leonard is the best player in the world? He’s the only star on his team, and he just took out the Embiid, Simmons, Harris, Butler 4 headed monster, and a team with the Greek Freak who had the much better roster around him. He seems unstoppable on both ends of the court. And having one of the best post seasons I’ve seen in a long time.

Is it possible Kawhi Leonard is the best player in the world? He’s the only star on his team, and he just took out the Embiid, Simmons, Harris, Butler 4 headed monster, and a team with the Greek Freak who had the much better roster around him. He seems unstoppable on both ends of the court. And having one of the best post seasons I’ve seen in a long time.

It’s possible.

I’m psyched for the Dubs series. I think they def have a chance to beat them. Even if Durant plays. They have so much length and defense between Leonard, Siakam, Anunoby (who might be back), Ibaka and Gasol. And I think Leonard may be super looking forward to this after getting hurt in game one two years ago, a game which the Spurs were killing the Dubs and Leonard was crushing it, before he got hurt and the Spurs folded.

It’s possible.

I’m psyched for the Dubs series. I think they def have a chance to beat them. Even if Durant plays. They have so much length and defense between Leonard, Siakam, Anunoby (who might be back), Ibaka and Gasol. And I think Leonard may be super looking forward to this after getting hurt in game one two years ago, a game which the Spurs were killing the Dubs and Leonard was crushing it, before he got hurt and the Spurs folded.

I worry that the pace will kill the raptors.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

After seeing him in the last series I would say yes, it's possible. His performances were MJ-like. But it's going to take a great finals performance to really start to compare him to Lebron.

Warriors play better team basketball without Durant. Curry shoots more, Dray is involved, Thompson doesn't feel like a 5th wheel. They're more fun to watch.

Warriors play better team basketball without Durant. Curry shoots more, Dray is involved, Thompson doesn't feel like a 5th wheel. They're more fun to watch.
Imo you always want Curry to shoot more. I think he is the guy who should take the most shots of anyone in the league.
His efficiency is amazing. 27 points on 19 shots per game. 47% from the field. 44% from three. 92% from the line. Pretty low turnovers. Sets up his teammates well.

I have to think his effect on the offense of his team would be higher than any player in the NBA.

Imagine Steph on the jazz. Holy ****

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

After seeing him in the last series I would say yes, it's possible. His performances were MJ-like. But it's going to take a great finals performance to really start to compare him to Lebron.
I am a bit confused, do you mean by this that LeBron is better player than MJ?

I am a bit confused, do you mean by this that LeBron is better player than MJ?

MJ still the GOAT. But I think Kawhi could be compared to Lebron for best current player in the NBA, especially if he plays amazing in the finals.

MJ still the GOAT. But I think Kawhi could be compared to Lebron for best current player in the NBA, especially if he plays amazing in the finals.
Lebron currently is not even top 3 player in NBA. That belongs to KD, Kawhi and Curry. Some may even say that Lebron is not top 5 anymore if you add Harden and Giannis to that list.

This is going to be a 4 game sweep with no game closer than 10 points! GS is just way too much for the Raptors and will not be able to handle the onslaught of GS shooting from all over the place and from every angle on the court! The Raptors had some pathetically bad stretches of basketball against the Bucks and if they do that against GS there will be a 20 point lead before there head will spin!

Kawhi will shoot poorly against GS and the rest of his game will suffer as well! He plays way too much one on one and if he does that against GS his shooting percentage will be somewhere in the 30% range!

Lebron currently is not even top 3 player in NBA. That belongs to KD, Kawhi and Curry. Some may even say that Lebron is not top 5 anymore if you add Harden and Giannis to that list.

Watchoo talkin bout, Willis?

I am talking about you calling Lebron being a best player in NBA - that was the case last 10 years up to 2018.... not anymore.

He's still the best. An injury doesn't change that until he comes back and his play goes down. He was phenomenal before his injury and meant more to his team than anyone.

Who are your current top 3, MVP?

Last edited:
He's still the best. An injury doesn't change that until he comes back and his play goes down. He was phenomenal before his injury and meant more to his team than anyone.

Who are your current top 3, MVP?
I disagree, by any metrics you look he is not even top 5 anymore. Durant, Kawhi, Curry, Harden and Giannis are top 5 now. And he certainly did not mean more to his team than Harden to Rockets or Giannis to Bucks. How about Kawhi to Raptors in playoffs?

I disagree, by any metrics you look he is not even top 5 anymore. Durant, Kawhi, Curry, Harden and Giannis are top 5 now. And he certainly did not mean more to his team than Harden to Rockets or Giannis to Bucks. How about Kawhi to Raptors in playoffs?

Lebron was still king when he went out. We'll see how he comes back from injury but I'm not betting against him.

By stats he's still pretty much as good as ever.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html