What's new

2019-20 NBA Schedule to be released today

I don’t necessarily want an easy schedule to start the season but I don’t want a brutal one. We have a lot of new parts and there could be a transition period of sorts.

Hopefully we don't get that schedule for a 3rd year in a row. But honestly it's the Jazz own fault since they request no Sunday games.
What’s the connection between no Sunday games and having a front loaded schedule?

What’s the connection between no Sunday games and having a front loaded schedule?

It makes scheduling more difficult so is harder to make a balanced schedule. You have to take what you can get.

It normally leads to more back to back games than other teams over the course of the season.

There's none. There is no reason we had to have the road to home differential at the first half of the season we had last year. It's just one more thing for people to stealth bitch about Utah and Mormons.
This.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

It normally leads to more back to back games than other teams over the course of the season.
Which is a harder schedule.

Plus there are no home games on Sunday except the playoffs. It's the best day to go to a game.

We do get road games on Sunday but it's pretty rare to have a home game.

Which is a harder schedule.

Plus there are no home games on Sunday except the playoffs. It's the best day to go to a game.

We do get road games on Sunday but it's pretty rare to have a home game.
I think what people are saying is hopefully we don't get the way tough early schedule and the easy late schedule.

This.

Part of that was back to backs at bad times. Some of it was having to travel further than normal due to difficulty scheduling.

Not allowing home games on Sunday makes it harder to make a schedule. It leads to a harder schedule in general but also can make it unbalanced. The NBA tries to make it more even, but the Jazz have a large obstacle that makes that less likely.

Part of that was back to backs at bad times. Some of it was having to travel further than normal due to difficulty scheduling.

Not allowing home games on Sunday makes it harder to make a schedule. It leads to a harder schedule in general but also can make it unbalanced. The NBA tries to make it more even, but the Jazz have a large obstacle that makes that less likely.
We’ve been having no Sunday home games since 1979. The last two years are bad. How about the other 28 years?

Shams reported MLK day games as well. Jazz weren't one of the games. I haven't liked what we've seen so far in regards to the Jazz National TV exposure, we haven't been on anything that's been "leaked" yet, or any of the big days.

Shams reported MLK day games as well. Jazz weren't one of the games. I haven't liked what we've seen so far in regards to the Jazz National TV exposure, we haven't been on anything that's been "leaked" yet, or any of the big days.

Utah got a lot of nationally televised games last year because ESPN needed games to fill the west coast time slots, and most of the west-coast teams, other than the Warriors and Lakers, weren't very good. This year, expect the Nuggets and Clippers to get more games at the expense of the Jazz.

Utah got a lot of nationally televised games last year because ESPN needed games to fill the west coast time slots, and most of the west-coast teams, other than the Warriors and Lakers, weren't very good. This year, expect the Nuggets and Clippers to get more games at the expense of the Jazz.

Portland was good. Denver, which is almost as far west as SLC, was good. The Kings were vastly improved.

We’re one of the best teams in the West. We should have gotten one of opening night, Christmas, or MLK day on national TV IMO. Also I disagree, the West was good last year as well.

Portland was good. Denver, which is almost as far west as SLC, was good. The Kings were vastly improved.

True, but Denver didn't make the POs the year prior, and Portland got knocked out in the first round, so I guess they were lesser priorities. This year, the Jazz are the team coming off a 1st-round exit, and the big holiday schedule seems to be favoring both LA teams, GSW, Houston and Denver ahead of us.

Those westcoast tv games had late starts, 8p or 8:30p.

Last edited:
We’ve been having no Sunday home games since 1979. The last two years are bad. How about the other 28 years?

Jazz play a lot of Monday games which a lot of teams do not. It's not like the league is forcing the Jazz to play on the road to get that coveted network Sunday afternoon game. The crap schedule seemed to coincide with the removal of the traditional Christmas road trip. Not sure where that went or why.

The reason we didn't get the big TV slots is because we draw fewer viewers than the big market teams. Simple. We'll force them to play all of our games while we march through the playoffs to the championship.