What's new

2019-2020 Western Conference Prediction Contest

We were all off on the Fakers prediction but hey, who knows that they might start dropping down after the all star break. ;)

Jazz have a solid chance of catching and passing the Lakers! We have better shooters, more depth and play together more than they do.

Jazz have a solid chance of catching and passing the Lakers! We have better shooters, more depth and play together more than they do.
We have to make up five games in less than half a season. Barring an injury, it ain’t happening.

We have to make up five games in less than half a season. Barring an injury, it ain’t happening.

Making up 5 games in 42 games is duck soup! We may make up two more by the end of this week! Lebron starts to wear down toward the end of the season and there new guy is already having injury issues.

Congrats to Captain Grnlings 22 (or whatev)

His most excellent picks were:
LAC
HOU
UTH
LAL
GS
DEN
POR
OKC
DAL
SAS
NO
PHX
SAC
MIN
MEM

40 Cptgrnlngs22
42 NAOS
44 infection
44 rare144
46 tfivas
46 zombie
46 Engorged on unborn Gore
48 outerspacefan
48 jingled
48 loggrad98
48 David Hume
48 Doc Cherno
48 Ironankle
48 ekimebirt
48 JazzMan4Life
50 Catchall
50 addictionary
50 eminence
50 Hekate
50 Lakers_Slapper
50 Ron Mexico
50 checkbookdoc
50 hgb
50 Deron Williams
50 Nate505
50 candrew
52 SCS
52 MVP
52 Ellipse
52 Saint Cy of JFC
54 Handlogten's Heros
54 stoked
54 hawkeye
54 Jack Strop
54 ekimebirt
54 One Brow
54 Piso
54 dipship31
54 spycam
56 jazzspazz
56 idiot
58 jjscap
60 silesian
60 Jazz Traveler

Same rules as last year.....

1. Post your final standings prediction for all 15 teams.

2.All predictions are frozen at first regular season game tip-off. Any changes are okay before then.

3. Your score is based on the net difference between your prediction and standings. For example, if you pick the Clippers to be first and they are in fourth, you receive 3 points for the Spurs. Low score wins.

4. Ranking is based on win% only.

5. Tied teams each receive an averaged score. For example, two teams tied for 5th/6th place are each scored as 5.5. Three teams tied for 10/11/12 are each scored as 11.

6. I'll post standings periodically through the season.

7. Please use the same acronyms and format as below. This makes my spreadsheeting easier.

Here are my preliminary picks to get the ball rolling (this will change before the season starts). While my brain says clippers 1 and Jazz 2, I'm sticking with my homerism only because I never want a reason to root against my guys.

1. UTA
2. DEN
3. LAC
4. HOU
5. SAC
6. DAL
7. GSW
8. NOP
9. LAL
10. SAS
11. POR
12. MIN
13. PHX
14. OKC
15. MEM

I unsuccessfully tried to pawn this off on Jazzfan4life, haha. If someone else wants to administer this contest, I'm happy to pass the baton.

Most excellent man!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app