What's new

2019 Annual Jazzfanz AllTime NBA Draft - Round 1, Match 4 - NPC D4617 vs ONE LOVE

Who would win in a seven game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gandalfe

NPC 4617:

PG: Lebron James/Brandon Roy
SG: Klay Thompson/Bradley Beal
SF: Paul George/Bruce Bowen
PF: Dennis Rodman/ Ben Wallace
C: Nikola Jokic/ Dwight Howard

ONE LOVE:

PG: Gary Payton/Tim Hardaway
SG: Mitch Richmond/Jamal Mashburn
SF: Paul Pierce/Chris Mullin
PF: Shawn Kemp/Larry Johnson
C: Shaquille O'Neal/Robert Parish

NPC D4617:

Rotations

Lebron James/Brandon Roy
Klay Thompson/Bradley Beal
Paul George/Bruce Bowen
Dennis Rodman/Ben Wallace
Nikola Jokic/Dwight Howard

*Ben Wallace and Dwight to play more minutes at Center than Jokic when necessary to slow down great big men if Rodman isnt already doing it. All 3 centers to use up fouls if necessary. (On bad free throw shooters)

*Lebron to move around to positions 1-4 if necessary, while bringing in Brandon Roy to handle more PG duties.

Championship Rings - 15
Finals MVP Award - 3
Most Valuable Player Awards - 3
Defensive Player Of the Year Awards - 9
All Defensive 1st Team Awards - 28
All Defensive 2nd Team Awards - 11
All NBA 1st Team Awards - 19
All NBA 2nd Team Awards - 7
All NBA 3rd Team Awards - 10
All Star Appearances - 46
Rebounding Titles - 14

Lebron James - Best Player Ever
Klay Thompson - 2nd best 3 point shooter ever
Paul George - All NBA first Team(18-19)
Dennis Rodman - Best defender and best rebounder ever /2x DPOY
Nikola Jokic - All NBA 1st Team(18-19)
Dwight Howard - 3x DPOY
Ben Wallace - 4x DPOY
Bruce Bowen - 5x All Defensive 1st Team
Brandon Roy - 3x Allstar
Bradley Beal - 2x Allstar

3pt % best year

Lbj 40%
Klay 44%
Paul 41%
Dennis Rodman - 31%
Nikola Jokic 39%
Brandon Roy 37%
Bradley Beal 40%
Bruce Bowen 44%

Minus Dwight Howard and Ben Wallace

Combined 3pt % as a team
39.5%

Defense, Rebounding, Shooting.

ONE LOVE:

Gary Payton (38) / Tim Hardaway (12)
Chris Mullin (38) / Mitch Richmond (12)
Paul Pierce (38) / Jamal Mashburn (12)
Shawn Kemp (38) / Larry Johnson (12)
Shaquille O'Neal (38) / Robert Parish (12)

Offensive Philosophy

This team will play inside-out basketball with the ever reliable Gary Payton running the offense. Shaq & Kemp will both feature prominently offensively. They will both demand the ball and score at will down low.

Both Mullin and Pierce are great mid range and 3pt shooters and will provide plenty of spacing for Shaq and Kemp to operate down low as well as hit timely 3's. They can also drive to the basket to score or make plays if need be.

Solid and experience bench with Hardaway running the show, feeding Richmond and Johnson who are both great scorers in their own right.

tumblr_osf3sasWpk1u2ragso1_500.gif

AmazingCandidAiredale-small.gif

Defensive Philosophy

Defense starts at the PG with Gary Payton, the only point guard to have ever won a DPOY. Shaq also provide terrific defensive anchor, with Shaq averaging 3 blocks per game in his prime. In the 2nd unit, Robert Parish will organise the defensive strategy. His presence and experience alone makes the team better defensively.

Gary Payton in his prime is considered the best defender of Michael Jordan, and in this match-up, Payton will really relish the chance to pester and bother LeBron.

6d7a57e73f12466684d931c404cda885--jordan-v-michael-jordan.jpg

Match Up with NPC D4617

- Point: Payton = James

- Wings: Pierce/Mullin = George/Thompson

While at the point and the wings the match-up is quite even, the dominance will come in the Post where SHAQ/Kemp would likely dominate Jokic/Rodman.

In summary, the dominant post play up front and overall balanced scoring should translate to a 4-3 series win.

tumblr_lsgs8kCC7g1qcmnsoo2_1280.jpg

Should Kemp, Rodman, Shaq and Payton play defense in today's game but in a style like they played between 1994-2000 - then they will be fouled out (having offensive, defensive and technical fouls) already in the first quarter. Maybe Rodman earns 2 technical fouls during the first 5 minutes? Assuming they will not get star treatment - i supposed today the Shaq's push shown in the video would qualify as foul? If i remember correctly, even Shaq fouled out in Lakers-Jazz game (although Lakers won) where Handlogten played with a severe injury?

Hard sell saying Lebron is the best player ever. I'm not seeing LBJ at PG. You either start Roy as PG or you don't. Payton runs circles around him on the offensive end. Jokic gets own by Shaq. But still I think the 3pt shooting of the back court and their length gives them the series win.

Payton’s defense will be ruined due to the fact he can’t guard LBJ. Too big and strong and explosivee. Don’t think OL has the interior defense to bother LBJ. Kemp starting, and figuring to have a prominent scoring roll inside is a joke

Payton’s defense will be ruined due to the fact he can’t guard LBJ. Too big and strong and explosivee. Don’t think OL has the interior defense to bother LBJ. Kemp starting, and figuring to have a prominent scoring roll inside is a joke
I disagree. Glove’s defensive dominance never came from his physical attributes, but his smartness, quickness, mental toughness. I could see Bron getting psyched out easily by his presence. We do not have this kind of thrash talk today.

NPC’s built a very unique, strong squad. Kinkkk just tried to acquire as many 80’s/90’s guys to get the votes. Pathetic.

NPC D4617:

Rotations

Lebron James/Brandon Roy
Klay Thompson/Bradley Beal
Paul George/Bruce Bowen
Dennis Rodman/Ben Wallace
Nikola Jokic/Dwight Howard

*Ben Wallace and Dwight to play more minutes at Center than Jokic when necessary to slow down great big men if Rodman isnt already doing it. All 3 centers to use up fouls if necessary. (On bad free throw shooters)

*Lebron to move around to positions 1-4 if necessary, while bringing in Brandon Roy to handle more PG duties.

Championship Rings - 15
Finals MVP Award - 3
Most Valuable Player Awards - 3
Defensive Player Of the Year Awards - 9
All Defensive 1st Team Awards - 28
All Defensive 2nd Team Awards - 11
All NBA 1st Team Awards
All NBA 2nd Team Awards - 7
All NBA 3rd Team Awards - 10
All Star Appearances - 46
Rebounding Titles - 14

Lebron James - Best Player Ever
Klay Thompson - 2nd best 3 point shooter ever
Paul George - All NBA first Team(18-19)
Dennis Rodman - Best defender and best rebounder ever /2x DPOY
Nikola Jokic - All NBA 1st Team(18-19)
Dwight Howard - 3x DPOY
Ben Wallace - 4x DPOY
Bruce Bowen - 5x All Defensive 1st Team
Brandon Roy - 3x Allstar
Bradley Beal - 2x Allstar

3pt % best year

Lbj 40%
Klay 44%
Paul 41%
Dennis Rodman - 31%
Nikola Jokic 39%
Brandon Roy 37%
Bradley Beal 40%
Bruce Bowen 44%

Minus Dwight Howard and Ben Wallace

Combined 3pt % as a team
39.5%

Defense, Rebounding, Shooting

57b1bc9cb189b19551342607b143b760 (1).jpg LeBron-James-Cleveland-Cavaliers-1.jpg sjm-warriors-0529-124.jpg hqdefault (2).jpg c6f20d2bedaa30288d9f77e8f5d5a575 (1).jpg 54f294a84142c303490f6a706700aa20.jpg dwight-howard (1).png defense.jpg usa_today_10003647.0 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Both teams are really solid. Hack got my vote because he paired Rodman with Ben Wallace. Add PG13, and that’s my type of defensive team. I lean towards the better defense in general.

This one seemed tough for a minute, but after that minute it became pretty clear that Hack’s team is quite better. This goes to six games if KKK is lucky, but the point differential would be huge.

Hack’s team is one to beat. I’m not sure the idea of Lebron being a PG should be allowed but whatever.

I disagree. Glove’s defensive dominance never came from his physical attributes, but his smartness, quickness, mental toughness. I could see Bron getting psyched out easily by his presence. We do not have this kind of thrash talk today.

Yes, but at a certain point, you're just physically outmatched. Defending Jordan is not the same thing as defending Lebron. I have Dumars, who was also one of the best Jordan defenders, but I wouldn't want him defending Lebron full time.