What's new

2019 NBA draft day thread

Yeah, I know but players make a note of this mentally. Would you still join a team that has passed on you three time when you were available to be drafted?

Some players prefer not to get drafted late in the 2nd so they can pick where they go. Also can get a bigger contract if they perform well.

I wonder how Talen Horton-Tucker did in the workout the Jazz had with him and Brantley. THT has the profile of the sort of player I like, so it's annoying seeing him go to the Lakers

I might have been right to bag on Naz Reid, but I sure thought Louis King could be an NBA player if he worked on his body.

I'm just theorizing here. But maybe the Jazz selected these guys who were expected to go undrafted because they liked them and wanted them in for summer league but weren't sure they'd choose us over another team. And maybe they know they might be able to bring some of these other guys (like Dort, Davis, King) as UFA's. We have a lot of available roster spots after the Conley trade. We should be a UFA destination.

Amazing that Dort, Davis, Lecque, Reid and King go undrafted. But hey, they can pick where to go now though. The ball is in their hands.

Still hurtin' for Dort, Davis and Lecque though.

Honestly a pretty great draft. Got three guys who appear to have the skillset to be solid role players and good shooters.
Good analysis. All three may be able to step in right away and give Utah some spot minutes, which is what the Jazz need. I'm looking forward to seeing some new blood on the bench.

Juwanna Man just signed with the Jazz. (I've seen this movie and it works out great)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Great news guys!

This is awesome! It feels like the front office is really going for it this year, going all in. I'm excited to see how it all shakes out and exactly what the roster ends up looking like.