What's new

2019 NBA draft day thread

Take a swing on an upside guy like Dort or Lecque and then use the other pick on a safer bet like Davis or Weatherspoon.

Yes, but today the cost was through the roof. It was not good to buy a pick early in the second. Teams way over paid. It looks like we waited until the value made more sense and the players we ranked just as high are still there.

Voice of reason. I agree.

Yes, but today the cost was through the roof. It was not good to buy a pick early in the second. Teams way over paid. It looks like we waited until the value made more sense and the players we ranked just as high are still there.
Like I said, though, over pay now, or use those picks later to get cash considerations.

Bol Bol is a rail thin health hazard waiting to happen with no motor. If you thought Tony Bradley was a project. . .

We have 9 roster spots filled and only minimum contracts and a $4.7 room exception to fill 6 spots.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Okay. That seems pretty doable. We can pick up plenty of vet min players. There are going to be a lot this year with all the FAs. We can probably get some really solid vets this year.

Ya I think we should have been more proactive and bought low instead of waiting for the price to go up. That's just me though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think many of us wanted to move up at any point.
Yesterday, today, whenever.

I understand that maybe people wanted us to do it yesterday. Although I did not see anyone clamoring for us to buy picks yesterday but I am sure someone did.

That is not what I was addressing I was talking about people upset that the Jazz were not making moves during the draft and upset. It was not good value. Teams were overpaying and Jazz did not want to overpay when they had prospects on the board they could still get at their pick.

I understand that maybe people wanted us to do it yesterday. Although I did not see anyone clamoring for us to buy picks yesterday but I am sure someone did.

That is not what I was addressing I was talking about people upset that the Jazz were not making moves during the draft and upset. It was not good value. Teams were overpaying and Jazz did not want to overpay when they had prospects on the board they could still get at their pick.
I agree they shouldn't give up 3 picks for one