What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Does it, though? The longer this goes on, the more doubts I have. Can he create any offense? What do the rotations look like? Does he Tobias Harris with us? If not, that’s a hefty tag for someone scoring 16 ppg. Does he play the 4 for us? So many questions.

Otto Porter would seem to be a fantastic fit. He doesn't necessarily "create offense" as much, but he is a complete player. I really like his fit with us.

Washington has been void of a good center for a while. If they get Favors for Porter, I think they actually stay about where they are in the standings. Trading Porter isn't a tank move.

Washington is such a mess sharing the ball on offense that I do think Porter could "Tobias Harris" with us. Porter slides in nicely at starting PF.

Favors, Thabo and some kind of draft consideration for Porter also saves Washington $4 million in salaries. They would be one minor move away from being under the luxury.

I don't think Mirotic is going anywhere. They are itching to get him back so they can make a run.

Not sure what a coach is suppose to say doe.... nah we ain't worried about him cuz we prolly trading him anyway.

Also there is weird dynamic between ownership, front office, and coaching there. I doubt they do anything until the Saints season is over... I'm only kind of kidding.

I didn't watch the segment but this appeared on my feed:

I would be down with that. I would be scared as hell too but at least it would be a big, swing for the fences move and I would give DL credit for trying even if it failed

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I could see it more in a three team scenario... like if they want OP Jr. They send Niko out in the deal and we take him and send Favs to Wiz. Would be many other moving parts, but windhorst said they are trying to use him and moore to get something to build around Davis. An upgrade on the perimeter would be what they are looking for.

I had thoughts of Ricky for Niko... They like non-shooting pgs like Rondo and Payton... okay maybe not but i did think about it for a minute.
They'd do Ricky for Niko for sure, but Utah shouldnt

Rubio would be nasty in New Orleans. I kind of want it to happen just so I can see Ricky in a stupid offense that plays at a 100 mph with a top 5 offensive player.

I live and work in LA and I interact socially with many NBA players on an almost nightly basis, and I have made it a point not to discuss or divulge too much personal information about them. But I will just say this...

Say NO to guys like Parsons, Griffin, or Gallinari - trust me - THERE IS A REASON why they are injured half the time, or they are severely underachieving. I don’t want to get into specifics but the bottom line is - these guys don’t take care of themselves, they don’t take care of their bodies, and they don’t care very much about the game, or about winning. They are lazy bums. We do not want them on the Jazz.

It’s not about their contract situation, or their age, or their skill set. It’s about their character, and their passion for the game. And these guys are rotten to the core.

We must keep striving for high character guys with Jazz DNA, and that’s why I trust DL and QS - let’s not make a dumb move that will have us chained financially for years to come because we are desperate to win now. DM and Rudy are YOUNG, let’s keep growing internally, and a third star will eventually come our way.

By the way, the guys that I have come across that are pure focus and in constant assassin mode... LBJ / KD / Lillard / The Greek Freak. The correlation between their daily habits and their success on the court is not a coincidence.

Rubio would be nasty in New Orleans. I kind of want it to happen just so I can see Ricky in a stupid offense that plays at a 100 mph with a top 5 offensive player.
I had this exact same thought when listening to a Zach Lowe podcast where they were talking about how NOLA should cash in on Mirotic and get someone who can play with Jrue/Randle/Davis since they can't play all of their best guys together right now. I think Tricky Ricky would be fully unleashed in a Gentry system, would be fun.

I live and work in LA and I interact socially with many NBA players on an almost nightly basis, and I have made it a point not to discuss or divulge too much personal information about them. But I will just say this...

Say NO to guys like Parsons, Griffin, or Gallinari - trust me - THERE IS A REASON why they are injured half the time, or they are severely underachieving. I don’t want to get into specifics but the bottom line is - these guys don’t take care of themselves, they don’t take care of their bodies, and they don’t care very much about the game, or about winning. They are lazy bums. We do not want them on the Jazz.

It’s not about their contract situation, or their age, or their skill set. It’s about their character, and their passion for the game. And these guys are rotten to the core.

We must keep striving for high character guys with Jazz DNA, and that’s why I trust DL and QS - let’s not make a dumb move that will have us chained financially for years to come because we are desperate to win now. DM and Rudy are YOUNG, let’s keep growing internally, and a third star will eventually come our way.

By the way, the guys that I have come across that are pure focus and in constant assassin mode... LBJ / KD / Lillard / The Greek Freak. The correlation between their daily habits and their success on the court is not a coincidence.
Ya we should just trade favors for LeBron, KD, Giannis, or Dame.
I like that plan

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Not sure what a coach is suppose to say doe.... nah we ain't worried about him cuz we prolly trading him anyway.

Also there is weird dynamic between ownership, front office, and coaching there. I doubt they do anything until the Saints season is over... I'm only kind of kidding.

True, but it would be kind of odd for a coach to say that "to be really good we need a guy" then trade him within three weeks after.

The Jazz aren't going to make a move for Otto Porter or anyone else with a big contract after this season. They think they can sign Khris Middleton or someone like it and are going to wait to do so.

Once they strike out however and don't sign anyone and end up using the cap space to bring back Favors & Rubio, Dennis Lindsey should borderline be fired after it all goes down.

Thanks for the info and what you're saying makes complete sense.

Any guys more in our range we should be looking at? Anybody you see who has self control and the drive not to partake in the shenanigans?

True, but it would be kind of odd for a coach to say that "to be really good we need a guy" then trade him within three weeks after.
No its not. The coach doesnt trade players. His job is to make his players better and win games, and a way to do that is to boost your player's confidence up.

No its not. The coach doesnt trade players. His job is to make his players better and win games, and a way to do that is to boost your player's confidence up.

I see no rumor or talk whatsoever that says NOLA is interested in trading Mirotic. It makes no sense to trade him especially since he has little value since he's coming off an injury and he's an expiring. NOLA is on record saying they want to add to their roster. They have been pretty average with Mirotic out.

NOLA will try to use picks and worse players (Moore, Johnson, Hill) rather than trade what they consider a good player for another good player.

The Jazz aren't going to make a move for Otto Porter or anyone else with a big contract after this season. They think they can sign Khris Middleton or someone like it and are going to wait to do so.

Once they strike out however and don't sign anyone and end up using the cap space to bring back Favors & Rubio, Dennis Lindsey should borderline be fired after it all goes down.

I think you're on the right path with that. They are eyeing that Milwaukee payroll, and will take either Middleton or Brogdon, whichever one the Bucks choose not to pay.

I see no rumor or talk whatsoever that says NOLA is interested in trading Mirotic. It makes no sense to trade him especially since he has little value since he's coming off an injury and he's an expiring. NOLA is on record saying they want to add to their roster. They have been pretty average with Mirotic out.

NOLA will try to use picks and worse players (Moore, Johnson, Hill) rather than trade what they consider a good player for another good player.

Windhorst said it on tv... nikos name was brought up with regard to jimmy butler too... obviously a pretty big upgrade.

I could see them doing Hill, Niko and a pick for OP jr. if wiz actually move him. Wiz could route Niko to a third team for seconds or salary relief.... not anything that is likely but it makes sense since Randle Niko AD can’t all share the floor and they are super shallow on the wing.