What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

But they want a good player back so improve their roster. Would Favors be that player? Rubio?
They have Elfrid, not sure they'd want Rubio... I've actually been REALLY impressed with Favors. He had played with a lot of fight and heart this season.

This isn't fair. He is slightly overpaid when healthy... he misses games so that moves him to being a little more overpaid imo. IF he declines or sustains another serious injury the contract is a millstone for a couple years. I just see more downside than upside.

Wasn't Conley's contract the biggest contract in NBA's history a couple of years ago? Is he even a top 20 player in this league?

Add to that the games he misses...

Wasn't Conley's contract the biggest contract in NBA's history a couple of years ago? Is he even a top 20 player in this league?

Yes it was. It's not great... I'd say he's probably closer to a top 30 player. If he's healthy and playing at his current level or close to it then the contract isn't bad... just a slight overpay imo.

In a vacuum I think he's a better player than Tobias Harris and others we slobber over... I just don't know if he fills as big of a need and could have a sharp decline. If it was straight Rubio/Favs for Conley I probably do it... add a first and I'm out.

He's a two way guy and iirc he was pretty damn good against the warriors in the playoffs a few years back (the Mark Jackson warriors).

Conley is a very rich man’s George Hill (in more ways than one). I think that’s big. I don’t care much whether Donovan plays PG as much as I care that whoever his backcourt partner is — PG or SG — can shoot the ball.

Brogdon is a poor man's conley. I would do Brogdon over Conley because I think you get 90% of Conley's game for $0.50 on the dollar savings.

That's the main reason you go for Tobias Harris. Tobias at $25 million per year is a great deal. Tobias at $33 million per year is a burden.

I know dmx will be a great backcourt together. And that is the future for the jazz. I think Dante playing for the pelicans would be a great team for him

I’m not sure why everyone’s so concerned about matching up with the Rockets - I think it would have gone 7 games last year if not for our injuries. The real goal is how do we beat Golden State?

And I know this... once GS get Cousins back we will need Favors more than ever. That team will have 5 all-stars. Ridiculous.

Favors been looking great to me recently from a physical standpoint - he seems slimmer, more muscular, and faster. He’s looking better than ever in my opinion. I really like the idea of Gobert and Favors against Cousins and Green. We honestly might be the best team in the NBA to match up against GS.

Unless we get some kind of incredible offer that can’t be refused, we hold on to Favors at all costs. The guy we should really be looking to trade is Rubio.

Rubio/Thabo/#1 pick = who?

Brogdon is a poor man's conley. I would do Brogdon over Conley because I think you get 90% of Conley's game for $0.50 on the dollar savings.

That's the main reason you go for Tobias Harris. Tobias at $25 million per year is a great deal. Tobias at $33 million per year is a burden.
Brogdon is probably less gettable though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Brogdon is probably less gettable though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yup... I'm worried Conley's production falls off a cliff soon... maybe George Hill style. I'm okay with pursuing him for the right price, but it will be a fire sale price... not at a bidding war price.

So I'd go straight expirings or a Rubio Exum Thabo package. I'll sprinkle in seconds and Tony Bradley if that's something they want... but I wouldn't pony up the other draft assets they probably want.

I think NO jumps in on this and does a Hill/Niko and a first for Conley... maybe... they seem like they gonna get desperate soon.

I wonder what they're looking for in return? I definitely wouldn't give up a 1st round pick.
They wouldn't want a 1st because they're trying to convince Davis to stay, they'd want a guy that they would be able to play alongside Jrue/Davis/Randle I guess, so we could offer one of our PGs but I would be willing to bet they'd prefer to find a SF

They wouldn't want a 1st because they're trying to convince Davis to stay, they'd want a guy that they would be able to play alongside Jrue/Davis/Randle I guess, so we could offer one of our PGs but I would be willing to bet they'd prefer to find a SF
Let’s offer them the next LeMarcus Aldridge and the Gasol stopper.

Get ready for another episode of "Who do the Jazz trade for Nikola Mirotic?!"

The most overrated player to ever be discussed in this board. Guy isn’t a lights out 3 point shooter. So when he isn’t hitting his shots then what else does he offer to this team? I say hell no!

Would Vucevic work? How about Rubio and our first round pick for Vucevic and some throw in to make salaries work?
Are you LoPo’s son? That’s just dumb we have an all nba quality center, and he can’t play pf
Harpring is our third best FA signing? Yikes. He did have an interesting career jump coming aboard, going from 11.8 PPG to 17.6 PPG. Missed a lot of layups and made some really stupid decisions, though. It’s interesting that it seemed like Marshall’s first year was a lot more impactful but numbers wise not as much. I thought we let Donyell go to clear room for AK, but then we signed Harpring.
No!! Harpring was way more impactful. There was a time nba rumors were swirling that the clippers were seriously looking into trading Elton Brand for Harpring. Sadly Harpring’s body started to fail him way early in his career
But seriously, to get Conley, we would have to trade Rubio AND Favors. Are we really willing to do that?

Or Rubio, Thabo, Udoh, and Bradley to make Conley work. Are we willing to do that?

I want nothing to do with Conley.

I wonder what they're looking for in return? I definitely wouldn't give up a 1st round pick.

Why? Most likely whoever we draft won’t make a huge difference first 1-3 years, and even more likely they wouldn’t ever be as good as Niko. He would do very well in Utah.

Why? Most likely whoever we draft won’t make a huge difference first 1-3 years, and even more likely they wouldn’t ever be as good as Niko. He would do very well in Utah.

I'd rather keep the draft pick and sign Niko in free agency.