What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Conley and Satoransky would be huge shooting upgrades over Rubio and Exum. As would Porter over Favors of course.

I will be completely and utterly shocked if we actually trade for Conley or Porter. I don't think we'll do anything but if we do I'm guessing it will be something really small.

Last edited:
Utah gets Conley (30.5M), Porter (26M) and Satoransky (3.1M) and thus add 59.6M. We trade Favors (16M), Rubio (14.8M), Exum (9.1M) Sef (5.2M) and Bradley (1.7M) for 46.8M and a 1st going out.

Memphis gets Rubio (14.8M), Sef (5.2M) Exum (9.1M) and Bradley (1.7M) . The Grizz free up a ton of money in all this (~26M) and would have first dibs on Rubio, Sef and get two young guys in Exum and Bradley. 38.5M out (Conley, Temple) and 30.8M in should barely be within CBA guidelines.

Wiz get Favors (16M) and Temple (8M) and our 2019 1st. 29.1M out (Porter and Satoransky) and that 24M plus the 1st rounder in would work.

I didn't get super specific with contracts and work it out to the hundredths or thousandths place but this seems like it would or wouldn't barely work within CBA guidelines, one way or the other. Barely. If someone wants to do exact math.

Conley-Satoransky-Neto
Mitchell-Korver-Allen
Ingles-O'Neale
Porter-Crowder-Niang
Gobert-Udoh

Our playoff core.
Wizards would say no, they need a PG in return if they're trading Satoransky. Interesting idea though, I think there's potential for the Wizards to try and nab M.Gasol in a deal like this and dump Mahinmi's contract in exchange for a couple of 1sts or even ATL's 2nd since mortgaging their future and going all in on the failed Wall led team seems like a classic Washington move.

Dude I totally agree with this assessment

Lol i was obviously joking around but i was saying on the jazz fans facebook page how i think korver is the greatest 3 point shooter of all time and someone else said that curry and allen are better. So i looked up the stats.
Looking at steph currys stats for his career are insane. Of course everyone knows he is amazing but I recommend you look his stats up on basketball reference. His stats are nuts to the point that i now think he is underrated

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I think we can get Conley pretty easily, but like I've been saying, Conley by himself is a terrible idea. Conley plus a good PF is the ticket.

I'm starting to think the Wiz aren't gonna trade Porter unless somebody blows them away with a trade offer. They are delusional enough to think they have a shot at doing something great this year.

I still think we should be offering a bunch to the Clippers for Harris. He isn't their off-season priority and could just walk anyway.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think we can get Conley pretty easily, but like I've been saying, Conley by himself is a terrible idea. Conley plus a good PF is the ticket.

I'm starting to think the Wiz aren't gonna trade Porter unless somebody blows them away with a trade offer. They are delusional enough to think they have a shot at doing something great this year.

I still think we should be offering a bunch to the Clippers for Harris. He isn't their off-season priority and could just walk anyway.

Harris is the guy I really want but I think a different guard (to replace Rubio) is a bigger need.
I don't think there is a guard available as good as Harris though so he would be my #1 Target

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

So we do or don't like TJ Warren? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.br...98495/phoenix-suns-sellers-nba-trade-deadline

"According to a league source, Suns majority owner Robert Sarver advised former general manager Ryan McDonough to unload Warren’s long-term contract off their books during the summer of 2018."

He is signed through 2021-22 at a pretty cheap deal. He is 6'8" 215. Could he play some minutes as a small ball 4? Maybe we could get him by trading something like Thabo, Bradley, Niang, a 1st and a 2nd.

Lol i was obviously joking around but i was saying on the jazz fans facebook page how i think korver is the greatest 3 point shooter of all time and someone else said that curry and allen are better. So i looked up the stats.
Looking at steph currys stats for his career are insane. Of course everyone knows he is amazing but I recommend you look his stats up on basketball reference. His stats are nuts to the point that i now think he is underrated

2015-2016 Steph was like watching an play basketball. He was a long distance freakshow. Every night I'd watched him I'd utter "did that dude just did this..." He do.

Last edited by a moderator:
So we do or don't like TJ Warren? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.br...98495/phoenix-suns-sellers-nba-trade-deadline

"According to a league source, Suns majority owner Robert Sarver advised former general manager Ryan McDonough to unload Warren’s long-term contract off their books during the summer of 2018."

He is signed through 2021-22 at a pretty cheap deal. He is 6'8" 215. Could he play some minutes as a small ball 4? Maybe we could get him by trading something like Thabo, Bradley, Niang, a 1st and a 2nd.

That’s way too much to give up for tj warren

Last edited:

He's generally considered the greatest shooter, and one of the greatest players, of all time. So not that underrated.

I like Conley as a player but I just don't see how we can realistically be in the market for Conley.

Mike Conley (31 years old): $30,521,115 $32,511,623 $34,502,130 for this year and the next two seasons.
Otto Porter Jr (25 years old): $26,011,913 $27,250,576 $28,489,239 for this year and the next two seasons.

I think Porter is the better fit from position flexibility, need, age, contract.

I really want Porter. He is not an explosive athlete by any means but he is a good all around player that I think is a great fit for the Quin and the Jazz system.

Im crossing my fingers for Porter too, although we have the smell of K.Love all over us.

Otto Porter = Jayson Tatum - The Boston Media

Those two Steph years were two of the best offensive seasons ever.
It’s why I’ll never forgive KD for ridding the world of supernova Steph.

Curry is one of my all time favorite players.

He's generally considered the greatest shooter, and one of the greatest players, of all time. So not that underrated.
Shooter without a doubt -- player not really. Certainly a great player but not one of the GOAT. Durant is the best player on the Warriors currently. Steph certainly in the top 50, maybe higher. But we're talking GOAT. Only LeBron and Durant of players active are in that category.

Shooter without a doubt -- player not really. Certainly a great player but not one of the GOAT. Durant is the best player on the Warriors currently. Steph certainly in the top 50, maybe higher. But we're talking GOAT. Only LeBron and Durant of players active are in that category.

Curry is in the top 15 without a doubt. I'm sure some would put him in top 10. And so is Durant. I like Curry better, but they're comparable.

Me
Otto Porter = Jayson Tatum - The Boston Media
Is that just you or did that really come from someone in Boston?
Curry is in the top 15 without a doubt. I'm sure some would put him in top 10. And so is Durant. I like Curry better, but they're comparable.
All time?!?! Some people are really dumb
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb6syt2k

Clippers get a better starting C, more potential money for West to pursue big names in free agency this summer because Favors contract is expiring, and they free up pt for their young guards.

Suns shed the long-term contract of Warren for an expiring contract.

Jazz get a much needed offensive boost.

See the quoted post directly above.