What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

I dont think Conley distaste for Utah is market. I think it's he just wants an easier path for his career (playoffs and all-star) in the East.
At the end of the day there is always going to be an excuse that "makes it more understandable". "oh he wanted to go to his home team", "oh he just wanted to play for his college coach", "oh he wanted to go the the East"... it ultimately doesn't matter what the excuse is. The point is that there is always a nicer sounding excuse for what ultimately boils down to "you are Utah, who the hell wants to play in Utah". You are never going to be the first choice and in a lot of cases you are going to be the last choice.

I'm so ****ing dejected right now.

I'd be curious to know why Toronto would be shopping Lowry. Do they want to give his minutes to younger guys, are they trying to dump his contract, or are they trying to get a better player back than him? If we could trade Rubio+Favors and not give up any picks to get Lowry+Stretch 4, I think that'd be interesting.

Lowry is declining. Kawhi is probably going to leave Toronto. The Raptors could use another big after they traded away Poeltl to San Antonio. They probably caught wind of the Jazz's offer for Conley and called the Jazz to do a similar deal.

At the end of the day there is always going to be an excuse that "makes it more understandable". "oh he wanted to go to his home team", "oh he just wanted to play for his college coach", "oh he wanted to go the the East"... it ultimately doesn't matter what the excuse is. The point is that there is always a nicer sounding excuse for what ultimately boils down to "you are Utah, who the hell wants to play in Utah". You are never going to be the first choice and in a lot of cases you are going to be the last choice.

lmao, dude relax. Those things arent excuses. They are real life reasons.

I know everyone is focusing on the PG and PF positions but the Jazz really need scoring coming from the bench. Lou Williams, Gary Harris would be great coming off the bench. I like Saric, Niko for fits at the four. I think Conley is an upgrade over Rubio. One guy says he doesn't want to play in Utah and fans just start freaking out about it. I think it is more about staying in the West because it is so much more competitive than the East. Unless he says he doesn't want to come to Utah I choose to think it is more of a West vs East issue and not Utah.

Dude, there are three glamour markets in the NBA: LA, NY and Miami. There are a few second-tier big markets like: Chicago, Bay Area, Boston or maybe Philadelphia. Everyone else has a hard time keeping their players and attracting free agents. Dallas couldn't attract a single big-name FA to play with Dirk for like 5 years after Dallas won a chip.

LMA wanted out of Portland.
Carmelo wanted out of Denver.
Chris Paul and now Anthony Davis have wanted out of New Orleans.
Shaq and Dwight wanted out of Orlando.
Vince Carter, TMac and Chris Bosh wanted out of Toronto. Now keep an eye on Kawhi...
Etc.

I dont think Conley distaste for Utah is market. I think it's he just wants an easier path for his career (playoffs and all-star) in the East.

This is a trait that many Indiana raised basketball players share.

I get it but what if you end up in Detroit... that better?

Nba needs to balance the conferences or reduce their importance but never will because the east teams will never vote for it.

Rudy would be 1M richer if the Jazz were in the east... I’m going to complain about everything today.

I know for a fact Utah wanted to sign Lowry the year they traded for Rubio, but they wanted a PG in place in time for the Hayward meeting. Lowry said Utah would be in his top 2.

Because of production and history of wearing down... also not under team control for much longer... not sure I’d give up the same stuff for him I would Conley.

Always liked him he’s a mother effer on the court... I don’t think he’s a locker room issue... just kinda prickly.

Dude, there are three glamour markets in the NBA: LA, NY and Miami. There are a few second-tier big markets like: Chicago, Bay Area, Boston or maybe Philadelphia. Everyone else has a hard time keeping their players and attracting free agents. Dallas couldn't attract a single big-name FA to play with Dirk for like 5 years after Dallas won a chip.

LMA wanted out of Portland.
Carmelo wanted out of Denver.
Chris Paul and now Anthony Davis have wanted out of New Orleans.
Shaq and Dwight wanted out of Orlando.
Vince Carter, TMac and Chris Bosh wanted out of Toronto. Now keep an eye on Kawhi...
Etc.

Dude - the glamour market excuse doesn’t fly anymore. Those guys wanted out because team management was a disgrace. Not because of the location itself. And half of your examples are pre internet and social media. Interesting you didn’t mention PG to OKC. OKC! The most glamorous market in the country...