What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Watching NBA countdown, and they just talked about how there are very few teams in either league that is out of contention and there could be a lot more buyers then sellers, could be tough to make any significant buys

Watching NBA countdown, and they just talked about how there are very few teams in either league that is out of contention and there could be a lot more buyers then sellers, could be tough to make any significant buys
I hope you don't get the majority of your info from that ******** dumbassery.

If we get OP Jr we lock ourselves in, with Donovan to be paid soon. I don't think OP Jr moves the needle that much.

I really like Porter, but I'm not sure he's that much of a massive upgrade over Favors considering his contract, his ceiling and his current nagging injuries.

If we get OP Jr we lock ourselves in, with Donovan to be paid soon. I don't think OP Jr moves the needle that much.

Salary wise we do but that’s gonna happen either way... running out of runway. We still need a pick or two to hit or to land a cheap free agent that outperforms his deal.

I’m not saying I’d do it for sure but just for expiring salary I don’t know that we do better. I love Harris and Middleton but they getting full 32M+ max for at least 4 years... I’m not sure those contracts are way better values than OPs deal. Outside of KD there is no single FA that puts us over the top. We need a big addition and some other stuff to go our way.

Seems like the current sellers market will make a guy like Porter cost more than he should. Sacramento, Dallas and NOLA will want him once Washington makes him available.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Could you imagine the belly-aching we would be doing if we had Westbrook instead of Rubio?

Dude makes Rubio look like a sharp-shooter this season.

They are both free agents in the same year. Trading for Porter would in no way interfere with signing Mitchell (as nothing would because he is a RFA who will probably sign a max extension).

I hope you don't get the majority of your info from that ******** dumbassery.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist or watching ESPN to look at the standings and realize there is only one team more than 4 games out of the last playoff spot in the west and maybe 5-6 way outside the playoffs in the east. Looking at the standings, and common sense will tell you there could be less sellers and more buyers, meaning you have to pay more then usual. Idiot!!

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist or watching ESPN to look at the standings and realize there is only one team more than 4 games out of the last playoff spot in the west and maybe 5-6 way outside the playoffs in the east. Looking at the standings, and common sense will tell you there could be less sellers and more buyers, meaning you have to pay more then usual. Idiot!!

Memphis might be selling soon.

I just don't see how we're ever gonna add a third piece to go with Mitchell and Gobert. We likely don't have the assets to trade for a star, it's unlikely that we'll be able to land a big free agent and we're not going to have a good draft pick for the foreseeable future.

I just don't see how we're ever gonna add a third piece to go with Mitchell and Gobert. We likely don't have the assets to trade for a star, it's unlikely that we'll be able to land a big free agent and we're not going to have a good draft pick for the foreseeable future.
Do u think Mitchell is a star or inefficient player?

That perfectly said post is my biggest fear.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hoopsh...-pelicans-brooklyn-nets-dallas-mavericks/amp/

I think the only way we have a shot at Beal is if...

- they even sort of like Exum (compared to Russell and Smith Jr. they could)
- we take on Mahinmi's deal
- we get them out of the luxury
- we send 2 1st rounders too

Maybe they look at:

Favors, Exum, Thabo, Neto, 2019 1st, 2021 1st
for
Beal and Mahinmi

Wiz get out of the luxury, get a young asset, get rid of Mahinmi, and get 2 first round picks. Pretty damn good....