What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

I’d worry he was a ball stopper or that he’s not in the right spots... kind of like AB honestly. He’d have games he was efficient but he’d take a few extra dribbles here or there or not be in the right spot etc.
I mean I am not nearly knowledgeable about him to disagree, but a 9% difference in EFG% (10% since he's been on the Suns-level Cavs team) isn't something I can just dismiss. Seems like Warren is much better at putting a ball in a hoop.

I mean, no disagreement.

But what’s the move?
I really don't know, but I just really want to at least hear they threw a big trade offer for so-and-so or we see it go down even if it bombs. Or we publicly offer big to a tier 1 player, or high tier 2 (like was discussed about PG) even if he totally rejects us. Because at least we can see they tried something

Yeah the team is fun to watch but I want nothing more than to see a championship in my lifetime. With these non-moves we always seem to make we'll as the norm, I likely never will.

I really don't know, but I just really want to at least hear they threw a big trade offer for so-and-so or we see it go down even if it bombs. Or we publicly offer big to a tier 1 player, or high tier 2 (like was discussed about PG) even if he totally rejects us. Because at least we can see they tried something

Yeah the team is fun to watch but I want nothing more than to see a championship in my lifetime. With these non-moves we always seem to make we'll as the norm, I likely never will.

It does take time... look at GS pre-KD... multiple moves and draft picks had to work out. We aren’t one move away imo... like the move doesn’t currently exist in reality... making moves to get closer is still beneficial.

We also need to see if KD bolts... then it makes more sense to push up the timeline imo.

Kyrie and Lebron getting back together???? Boston gonna trade him???

Completely unfounded, but I would laugh so hard if Kyrie left Boston this offseason to reunite with King James.

Seems like a lot of people here haven't watched TJ Warren much which is fine because the Suns are hot garbage most of the time, but I just want to reiterate that TJ Warren wouldn't be anything more than a backup 3/4 on the Jazz who brings a scoring punch off the bench, and if the price is too high for that then they're not going to go get him (and the price would likely be high since he's one of the few assets the Suns have).

But if he's there for the right price he'd be a solid piece for the bench unit, and I think it's a bit unfair to just label TJ Warren as a guy who only gets buckets because someone's gotta score when he's shooting a 58 TS% (higher than Porter and Conley fwiw) on a team where they run two 2nd round rookie PGs as their PG rotation and their best playmaker is their 2 guard who prefers to shoot himself and has missed a number of games due to injury. You can knock his defensive ability or his ability to make his teammates better all you want as they are more than valid criticisms, but he isn't some volume chucker like a number of you are suggesting.

Too lazy to pull and reply to the post, but no way we should or need to give Favs/Exum AND a pick for OPJ.

I love the dude but we would be helping them off that salary, giving them a true and flexible asset in Favs and another young kid with a decent contract in Exum. Giving them a 1st as well is ridiculous.

You save that for Conley....

And then send a 2nd round pick in 2028 for Noah Vonleh to add 4-5 depth you lose.

*Vonleh is my version of OPJ for Cy*

Watched part of the Orlando Washington game... OP Jr. doesn’t look quite right to me... might be playing with lingering pain... I came away from the game wanting Terrence Ross more than OP... just one game... maybe he’s player tanking to get out of town.

Also Orlando sucks.

Watched part of the Orlando Washington game... OP Jr. doesn’t look quite right to me... might be playing with lingering pain... I came away from the game wanting Terrence Ross more than OP... just one game... maybe he’s player tanking to get out of town.

Also Orlando sucks.
I’m off the OP Jr. bandwagon. He just cannot stay healthy. At his salary, I’m not sure that it’s worth the risk to give up assets and lock in salary long term. I’d hope the Jazz could aim for a more dynamic player or one with higher upside.

I’m off the OP Jr. bandwagon. He just cannot stay healthy. At his salary, I’m not sure that it’s worth the risk to give up assets and lock in salary long term. I’d hope the Jazz could aim for a more dynamic player or one with higher upside.

You can "aim" all you want, but reality sets in pretty fast. Porter's combination of length, age, 3 point shooting is about as good as your're going to find without giving up DM or Gobert.

Idk about that... he’s not really good... he only makes shots against us.

58.9% from 2.

33.3% from 3 on 2.2 attempts per game as compared to 29.8% on 1.4 attempts last year.

Career 65.4% from the line. Favors is 66.2% for his career so they’re nearly identical.

8.4 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1.6 blocks per 36.

And he’s only 21.

My main concern would be why is he playing about five minutes less than last year?

There’s no way I’d do it right now but he has a lot of upside still at his age (bigs take longer to develop too)...

I think Bledsoe could make a lot of sense for us this off-season. We need shooting and shot creation. His 3 point percentage is below 30% but he’s so damn unstoppable at the rim that he’s shooting over 60% from 2 and has a TS% of 58.2%, which is the same as last season.

Rubio’s best two years were his last two at 53.7% and 53.9%.

He’d give us another shot creator/finisher/scorer we sorely need, he’d fit solidly into our timeline (turns 30 in December), and I think he’d feel more appreciated here (I feel like he’s an afterthought there) and be more invested. All opinion on that obvi, just my gut if I’m him. Oh yeah, I don’t think he’d break the bank either and yet the Bucks may not be able to retain him.