What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

The way I tend to value a trade is just to see who got the best player in the deal. Usually quality in the NBA is better than quantity. There are some exceptions, sure, but the bigger names your team has will draw more people to your team.

It's like, who would you want to play with? DSJ, Matthews, and Jordan, or the Unicorn?

Porzingas never had a team mate that could pass the ball like Doncic ,he's also never had a scorer like Doncic.
I think theres a lot of teams who would give up a couple of 1st round picks for Porzingis if they could have.

Looked more like they are interested in him as a free agent

Looked like both really... like a test run and hopefully retain him... as always budget was referenced because Bulls don't spend money. Not sure they are giving anything up for him.

Just a reminder people will complain no matter what.

Hayward played his contract and left. People complained.

AD gives his team a notice so they can trade him. People are complaining.

Which way you want it? Players got freedom when they become a UFA.

Well the root of the problem is the formation of yet another super team on the horizon, with small markets left to be their punching bags.

Agreed. Unless of course we do a Exum or Rubio and Favors for Conley and Gasol. Gasol has the range to make it work still with Gobert.

That trade actually works:

trade.png

A good trade now would be …

Harrison Barnes for Favors and Exum

Barnes has more 3 pters and FT"s made and attempted and shooting a higher % ( 3 pt) and (FT) than both Ingles and Crowder and averaging near 18 ppg . He's 26 capable of playing PF and Dallas biggest need is C and PG.

Well the root of the problem is the formation of yet another super team on the horizon, with small markets left to be their punching bags.
That's not the root of the problem.

Its that New Orleans made a ton of bad moves and wasted the early prime of a guy with top 20 of all time ability.

Is NY giving up on Frank Ntilikina? He is a good defender. Is he an Exum clone?

Yes, he's basically an Exum clone only not as good. Can't shoot at all. The Jazz should steer clear of him.

If New York buys out Matthews and lets him go I would not mind grabbing him. Would be definitely upgrade over Thabo.