What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Me too. If (a big if) Dante can stay healthy and put it all together, it's ideal. He can create, defend larger guards, and put the ball in Mitchell's hands where it belongs.

It is a lot to gamble for a potential two season boost. My personal feeling is Memphis has overvalued their players year after year.

I've seen a lot of rumors with Memphis over the years and usually nothing happens as they try to get too much in return. Sounds like they are trying to pull the same thing here.

I would prefer Jrue. But I think a lot of people dont watch much of Conley and are very much undervaluing him. He is very good and plays both ends of the court. He is an upgrade over Rubio in pretty much every way. His age and injury history are the only concerns. But if healthy he is worth his contract.
I agree. I think he would be fantastic for us on both ends and up the game of many of our current players.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

we HAD an easy schedule when Mitchell played the point. But the remaining schedule aren't easier than the schedule played when we lost all of our PG. Losing one position entirely always hurts no matter how you look at it. But that's not the point, the point is: Conley's not worth it.
The remaining schedule is quite easy.
Especially our last 20 games.

If you look at both the age, contract, and health history.....as of today I would take Mike Conley over Chris Paul....at least for SLC and the Jazz. If that is the case, how can you say no??? I don't want to undress ourselves to get a deal done, but Rubio, Sef, AB Trade Exception, and a 1st would be tough to say no to if I'm DL.

I like HH’s deals. If we could get Conley, Niko, and Lopez, then I’m down.

IMO Jrue and Mirotic are the target for Jazz. Conley would be useless in two years, when DM and Rudy would be in their prime. I am OK Rubio to stay, hope Exum shows good games, but we need a 4 that fits the present-day NBA.

If you look at both the age, contract, and health history.....as of today I would take Mike Conley over Chris Paul....at least for SLC and the Jazz. If that is the case, how can you say no??? I don't want to undress ourselves to get a deal done, but Rubio, Sef, AB Trade Exception, and a 1st would be tough to say no to if I'm DL.

I wouldn't have said that about Paul two years ago. He has lost a step. Conley hasn't played 82 games in a season in a decade ( 2008). Last 3 seasons he played 56, 69 and 12 games. Lots of injuries. Dante at least played 82 games in this decade (14-15). Dante also played in 66 games two years ago and 14 games last year. Over the past two seasons they are equally injury prone. Memphis fans seem to be gung-ho about this trade scenario.

I like HH’s deals. If we could get Conley, Niko, and Lopez, then I’m down.

another thing to watch... we have the full MLE left for this year. If a good buyout candidate comes along... say Jabari, Wes, Lopez... we could offer all of it or a portion and have a big advantage. So if we made a trade that left us wanting another rotation guard or big we could likely get them.

Those exceptions don't have to prorate... so a team offering a minimum prorated deal would be significantly less money then what we'd offer... $500k vs. upwards to $8M.

Throwing in Rubio and Dante means if Conley and Neto go down like they usually do, we will immediately get stuck with 0 PG... again. And why do something as risky as giving away this year's 1st round pick when we are only a couple games above the #8 on the west? It could still potentially be a lottery pick if Conley gets hurt.
Mitchell is the backup PG. He and O'Neal would be in the backcourt. Ingles has played some PG too. With the extra roster spot, maybe Lindsey signs another PG.

As for the pick, there's probably at least top-4 protection. At worst, barely missing the playoffs means a pick at 13-14. And barely making the playoffs would be a pick in the 15-18 range. Really not a big deal, especially in a weak draft. Is thd equivalent of Grayson Allen a huge asset to give up?

IMO Jrue and Mirotic are the target for Jazz. Conley would be useless in two years, when DM and Rudy would be in their prime. I am OK Rubio to stay, hope Exum shows good games, but we need a 4 that fits the present-day NBA.
Jrue isn't available though

Those would be amazing pickups.

Supposedly they are considering trading him to the 76ers. While rumors can be true, you never know what is going down based on internet chatter. Utah usually holds everything very close and if a potential trade leaks they usually walk away.

They have a great asset base to make a deal... young players juicy picks salary fodder. They make so much sense for him.

Supposedly they are considering trading him to the 76ers. While rumors can be true, you never know what is going down based on internet chatter. Utah usually holds everything very close and if a potential trade leaks they usually walk away.
I just saw a thread on the jazz news feed part of jazzfanz saying that he isn't available.

I mean, nobody should be truly untouchable, but I seriously doubt we'd be able to come close to returning value on Ingles