Mitch Richmond/Devin Booker
Donovan Mitchell

Team tfivas

PG - Damian Lillard / Baron Davis
SG - Klay Thompson / Tony Allen
SF - Tracy McGrady / Peja Stojakovic
PF - Chris Bosh / Amare Stoudemire
C - Tim Duncan / Aryvdas Sabonis

Also really tough but I trust tfivas winners in Duncan, Klay, and Lillard (who has hit huge playoff shots and won series) over the track record of rare. After Bird, who knows.

This is a poin flip for me. So hard to choose. Rare's team will probably have more HoFer's 20 years from now but so hard to pick one so I won't.

tfivas’ team construct is super clean. Duncan is low-key an elite big even in this conversation. Sick spacing and has players that don’t need to have the ball in their hands to be effective which is a huge part of these contests for me (could they even play together?).

Last edited:
I would’ve liked to have seen rare start:
Doncic-PG
Iggy-SG (his original position)
Bird-SF
Draymond-PF
Jokic-C
PG: Doncic - Mitchell
SG: Richmond - Booker
SF: Bird - Finley
PF: D. Green - Igoudola
C: Jokic - Porzingis

I’d have gone with something similar, but would’ve swapped Iggy and Richmond in the starting lineup.

Bird gets underrated a lot in these. He was amazing and is the best player on this court easily. Ill take Jokic and Bird easily of Duncan and Bosh. Bird is better than Duncan and Jokic is better than Bosh. Doncic is the hard one in this because he is really good but he really hasnt done anything yet. But TMac couldnt get out of the first round even with talented teams. Mitch and Klay are about the same with different strengths, but both are really good 3 point shooters. Klay shoots wide open 3s for most of his career that helps his numbers a bit there. Honeslty I would give the slight edge to Mitch. PG ill say that Lillard is the better player despite being a complete turnstile in defense. Both have good benches but rares is slight better.

Overall I think rares team wins this but its close. I think the tipping point is the Bird who is a tier above Duncan.

I voted tfivas... but I would much rather watch Rare's team.
the line up of Doncic, Igoudala, Bird, Draymond, & Jokic would have such a high BBIQ and would be amazing to watch the passing.

Taking Mitchell that early was a mistake... but I applaud the fanatical support!

Bird gets underrated a lot in these. He was amazing and is the best player on this court easily. Ill take Jokic and Bird easily of Duncan and Bosh. Bird is better than Duncan and Jokic is better than Bosh. Doncic is the hard one in this because he is really good but he really hasnt done anything yet. But TMac couldnt get out of the first round even with talented teams. Mitch and Klay are about the same with different strengths, but both are really good 3 point shooters. Klay shoots wide open 3s for most of his career that helps his numbers a bit there. Honeslty I would give the slight edge to Mitch. PG ill say that Lillard is the better player despite being a complete turnstile in defense. Both have good benches but rares is slight better.

Overall I think rares team wins this but its close. I think the tipping point is the Bird who is a tier above Duncan.

I changed my vote, this sold me.

I can't help being curious about watching Rare team.
Not sure about how well they would fit but damn...It intrigue me a lot!

I would’ve liked to have seen rare start:
Doncic-PG
Iggy-SG (his original position)
Bird-SF
Draymond-PF
Jokic-C

Wasn't around when this was posted to defend myself.

So Doncic guarding Lillard instead of DM45? hell naw, just because I don't list Doncic at the 1 doesn't mean the ball isn't in his hands. Do we list Jingles at the 1? Doncic is a small forward, not guarding the other teams little fast guys.

the hardest guys to guard in the game of basketball are 1s(or any perimeter player) that are excellent finishers of alley oops, and 5s who can hit 3s.

I know that from experience. Guarding a guy on the perimater that is just waiting for your eyeball to get off him for one sec, then he's gone. right to the rim for the finish. It takes a special team to do that, an excellent defender can play zero help defense on a guy such as this.